Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 139 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #2071
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Kevin Fischer@Kfish_WTA
After Madrid, Wozniacki projected to be #WTA No.7 or No.8 (if Serena reaches Final)

So she'll probably be #8 with big points coming off from Rome & Brussels.

Its to be expected thou. The last 9 months are not going to keep her in the top 8.
This is good. As long as Caro stays in the top 8, she won't be able to draw Serena until the QF. And Serena is probably the hardest player on tour for Caro to beat. I'm pretty optimistic about the rest of the reason; Caro's not defending much. And if she can get into a groove again, she might be able to defend her USO points.
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #2072
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

i can totally see her doing really well this USO mostly because she's starting from behind...but i'd like to see her going deep at RG and Wimbly first

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #2073
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I don't know about that specific article but it has been mentioned in here before that Caro is playing Eastbourne.

I'd kind of prefer for her not to play that week rather rest and practice at Wimbledon itself.

As it stands now, Caro is probably scheduled for 21 tournaments this season. I'm not counting the YEC or Sofia and assuming she doesn't skip a premier 5 and she plays just Tokyo and Beijing in the fall (she could add an international tournament after Wimbledon or Moscow). I was kind of hoping for a bit lighter schedule this year.

Yeah I know Piotr mentioned it, but just thought I'd post confirmation of it by the tournament directors after she was added to the official entry list.

I think last year she *was* overplaying and she peaked the start of the season, only to fall flat as the year went on. If you look at her 2008, 2009 and 2010 she had distinctly better 2nd halves of the year than first halves so I'm really hoping that will happen this year too So on that basis and her early losses I don't think a couple extra tournaments would do her any harm.

I'm personally happy to see her playing Eastbourne as it'll provide her with some grass practice and some extra and much needed possible points
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #2074
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I can see the vibe is a lot more positive than after Stuttgart.
Next is a Premier 5, and at the last 4, Caroline has only won one match. Thats Rogers Cup, Cincy, Tokyo, Doha. So it will be interesting to see if she can get a deep run.
But more important is that she plays her best & gets a fortunate draw in Paris
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #2075
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think Rome draw is Saturday at 12
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #2076
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think Rome draw is Saturday at 12
In around 8 hours then
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #2077
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Am quite interested in seeing how Caro's draw looks on the real Red Stuff

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #2078
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline playing Korea Open this year?!
http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...747584,00.html
Quote:
The 2012 event will be held September 17-23 at Seoul Olympic Park Stadium, the venue for the 1988 Summer Olympics where Steffi Graf won gold en route to her 'Golden Slam' season. Former World No.1 Caroline Wozniacki is among those who will be in the field. One feature new to this year's staging will be the use of Hawkeye electronic line calling.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #2079
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Interesting. So that'll be her 2nd International event for the year.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #2080
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

And Rory is flying to Rome, so I guess we shouldn't expect much from next week

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #2081
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Rory is flying to Rome, so I guess we shouldn't expect much from next week
I don't know. She won New Haven and got to the final of Copenhagen when he was there.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #2082
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bad idea. Her schedule is gonna be crammed up til the US Open so she really should give herself another week off after the US Open.

I'm guessing this tournament offered the biggest appearance fee. Or is this some attempt to win a 1st title of the season as the top players pretty much skip this tournament to gear up for Tokyo?

Last edited by Protoss : May 12th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #2083
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
This is good. As long as Caro stays in the top 8, she won't be able to draw Serena until the QF. And Serena is probably the hardest player on tour for Caro to beat. I'm pretty optimistic about the rest of the reason; Caro's not defending much. And if she can get into a groove again, she might be able to defend her USO points.
I dunno about that. She's never been really close to beating Kim for instance. She doesn't have any answers for Goerges anymore.

I'm having a hard time picturing Caro beating any of the top 8 seeds at the moment.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #2084
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Bad idea. Her schedule is gonna be crammed up til the US Open so she really should give herself another week off after the US Open.

I'm guessing this tournament offered the biggest appearance fee. Or is this some attempt to win a 1st title of the season as the top players pretty much skip this tournament to gear up for Tokyo?
To be honest it seems a little desperate to me. She should be beyond playing tournaments that small. If she can't beat the top players for a title then she deserves to be titleless in 2012.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #2085
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good move, she will need extra points if she wants to challenge year-end no.1.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread