$25,000 Raleigh, NC (USA) 2012 | May 07 (Winner: Grace Min) - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #106
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: $25,000 Raleigh, NC (USA) 2012 | May 07 (Draws)

Second Round

(1)Olivia Rogowska (AUS) d. (Q)Sanaz Marand (USA) 62 64
(5)Grace Min (USA) d. Alexandra Kiick (USA) 61 60

(4)Heidi El Tabakh (CAN) d. Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) 64 46 63
(wc)Beatrice Capra (USA) d. (8)Valeria Solovieva (RUS) 63 06 76(3

(7)Sally Peers (AUS) d. Jennifer Elie (USA) 36 64 64
(3)Tamaryn Hendler (BEL) d. Alexandra Mueller (USA) 64 61

(6)Marie-Eve Pelletier (CAN) d. Alexandra Stevenson (USA) 63 64
Alexis King (USA) d. (Q)Yana Koroleva (RUS) 75 62
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #107
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post
I still think Grace should go to Duke for a semester. She could go in December and just play for one semester. Duke takes their girls to pro tournaments too so it's not like she would be missing that much of the pro circuit. Then she could go pro and she will always have the chance to return to Duke to finish her education for free (Duke lets their girls go to school there and if they turn pro they can return at anytime, as long as they are in good academic standing, and get the rest of their education for free - see Mallory Cecil as an example). Then she can play pro tennis, but will always have a $200,000 college degree to fall back on.

Also very happy for Trice! And great job to Alexis, she is one of the hardest workers I've ever seen!!!
I saw Grace hugging Ester Goldfeld and high-fiving the Duke coaches after her win yesterday so you never know.
Old May 11th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #108
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Kiick && Capra getting bageled

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #109
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
If Grace Min hasn't gone pro, she certainly will do so soon. She is really beginning to establish the consistency and results that would warrant such a decision.

Nice job Trice
She lost 1&1 to Connie like two weeks ago I agree her results have definitely been promising, but consistent...not so much.

Put quite the beatdown on Allie tough. US top juniors getting killed by Capra and Min.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #110
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post
I still think Grace should go to Duke for a semester. She could go in December and just play for one semester. Duke takes their girls to pro tournaments too so it's not like she would be missing that much of the pro circuit. Then she could go pro and she will always have the chance to return to Duke to finish her education for free (Duke lets their girls go to school there and if they turn pro they can return at anytime, as long as they are in good academic standing, and get the rest of their education for free - see Mallory Cecil as an example). Then she can play pro tennis, but will always have a $200,000 college degree to fall back on.

Also very happy for Trice! And great job to Alexis, she is one of the hardest workers I've ever seen!!!
Cecil's job as an assistant coach doesn't play into this arrangement?
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #111
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Cecil's job as an assistant coach doesn't play into this arrangement?
That's what I was under the impression that arrangement was about.

And good point about the loss to Hsu... I'm just saying that if you look at her pre US Open pro results and then look at her post US Open pro results, it is a night and day difference. It shows in the pro ranking also. Never thought she would be in a position to enter Wimbledon quallies!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #112
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
That's what I was under the impression that arrangement was about.

And good point about the loss to Hsu... I'm just saying that if you look at her pre US Open pro results and then look at her post US Open pro results, it is a night and day difference. It shows in the pro ranking also. Never thought she would be in a position to enter Wimbledon quallies!
You're right, I agree. Just laughed a little because last week I was lamenting her consistency (e.g. the loss to Connie) otherwise she could have been in the hunt for the FOWC.
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #113
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Liv, Sally, Heidi and Marie-Eve hopefully these four can also make the semis!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #114
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

any doubles qf results?
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #115
country flag Oh Whisht

Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice

Heidi is up 4-3 in the first set. Go Heidi!!
Oh Whisht is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #116
country flag Bennguin1491
A new star is rising...

Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
any doubles qf results?
All 4 matches on today's OOP.

we'll be counting s t a r s
benny.segs.toaster.rouster.nacho
Bennguin1491 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #117
country flag Oh Whisht

Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice Oh Whisht is just really nice

Yay, Heidi - she took the first set 6 - 3!

I can't find live scoring on Pelletier vs King.
Oh Whisht is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #118
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

(4)Heidi El Tabakh (CAN) d. (wc)Beatrice Capra (USA) 63 63
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #119
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Heidi coasts through to the semis 6-3 6-3.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #120
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Whisht View Post
I can't find live scoring on Pelletier vs King.
Don't have the score, but Pelletier won.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote