It's that time of the year again! That's right...it's Clay Time! - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 5th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #1471
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's that time of the year again! That's right...it's Clay Time!

Yeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #1472

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

That was a lot harder than it probably should have been, but a win is a win!
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #1473
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

You're fucking klling me Sammy!

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1474
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

That was close.
At least she got a good workout on the blue clay
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderophyre View Post
You're fucking klling me Sammy!
This is not the kind of match you want to follow in live scores. Have no idea what happened, but considering they both had very good serve stats, I suspect Petra played a very good match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
That was close.
At least she got a good workout on the blue clay
That's one way of putting it
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #1476
country flag Chim

Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all

Yay Sammy. Finally I can get a break now. This is just....
Chim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #1477
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
That was a lot harder than it probably should have been, but a win is a win!
Exactly. There is the R1-Czink match model, there is the R1-Martic match model, I guess. B.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertisonline View Post
Exactly. There is the R1-Czink match model, there is the R1-Martic match model, I guess. B.
This is the better model for sure
Old May 5th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #1479
country flag tenniscrazy84

tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all

No tengan miedo: la cosa se pone oscura, pero nunca deja de ser dulce.
tenniscrazy84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #1480
country flag NetRusher

NetRusher is an unknown quantity at this point

Yah Sammy! She's playing doubles because of the Olympics. I'm surprised she isn't playing some mixed here and there, too. Anyway this match was like riding a rollercoaster blind!

www.samstosurfans.com
NetRusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:29 AM   #1481
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

I was keeping my eye on this with my phone while trying to get to sleep. Needless to say, sleep did not come easy.

At least she's through And Martic is quite tall so...Let's hope she goes better against McHale, who is a lovely 5"7'.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:54 AM   #1482

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRusher View Post
Yah Sammy! She's playing doubles because of the Olympics. I'm surprised she isn't playing some mixed here and there, too. Anyway this match was like riding a rollercoaster blind!

www.samstosurfans.com
I don't think there are many opportunities to play mixed outside of the slams/Olympics, are there? Even major combined tournaments like Madrid, IW and Miami don't have mixed, AFAIK.

Old May 6th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #1483

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
I was keeping my eye on this with my phone while trying to get to sleep. Needless to say, sleep did not come easy.

At least she's through And Martic is quite tall so...Let's hope she goes better against McHale, who is a lovely 5"7'.
After the match Sam said she felt she played better as the match went on, and the stats seem to support that I think. She didn't face a single break point in the final set after facing 3 in the first set and 4 in the second. I definitely had the feeling that she was in the better position in the closing stages of the match, although her missing all those MPs was making me very nervous. In fairness though, all the ones she missed were on Martic's serve, she converted the first one she got on her own serve. Btw, did she hit an ace on that last point?

Despite yesterday's struggle, I'm quietly confident of her chances against McHale. As you said she doesn't have Martic's height advantage, and Sam has beaten her comfortably in their only previous meeting. She seems to be one of those streaky players who pull off a great win from time to time, like against Kvitova in IW. As long as Sam doesn't take her lightly (she won't) she should be fine.

Not sure what to expect after that. There is a lot of speculation as to how the courts are playing but not much hard fact. According to some the ball is keeping really low, but others are saying it's bouncing really high, so I don't know what to believe. Rafa has been very critical, so I guess it doesn't help players like him and Sam who use a lot of spin. In the photos that Molly posted yesterday I thought the surface looked horrible tbh, like a hard court with a thin layer of blue powder on top. Looks like a recipe for injuries if nothing else, so I hope Sam is careful. If it is playing like a HC that won't help Sam's chances against Petra should both get that far. Still, one match at a time.
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #1484

My only concern about McHale is that she's quick and will get a lot of balls back. If Sammy's rhythm is being thrown off by the fast court speed/high altitutude then ErrorSam might make an appearance.

Last edited by SilverPersian : May 6th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #1485

On a real clay court I think Sam would thrash her, but you may be right that on this fake clay she has a chance. That said, I don't think a mainly defensive player like Christina can hurt Sam too much atm. She might take a set, but she doesn't have any big weapons to hurt Sam with, so I can't see her winning in straights. And if it goes to a 3rd set my money would be on Sam for sure.