Estoril Draws and Results [2012] - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #16
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Estoril Draws and Results [2012]

Qualifying Results, First Round
[1]Giuseppina Benedetti def. Miranda Bothavska 6/2, 7/6(5)
[2]Anastasia Nemayeva def. Aveta Tenesova 3/6, 7/6(4), 6/3

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #17
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute

Singles Results, First Round
[1]Pamela Bowden def. Alexandra Anastadis 7/6(3), 7/5
[8]Samantha Soren def. Kathleen Pryde-Degman 7/5, 6/4
Marteena Huubere def. [7]Sabine Graf 7/5, 2/6, 6/3
[Q]Anastasia Nemayeva def. [4]Fleri Hingisafrilia 1/6, 6/1, 7/6(5)
[3]Ella Felivitch def. Alijah Pemovic 6/4, 7/5
[Q]Giuseppina Benedetti def. [LL]Aveta Tenesova 7/6(5), 1/6, 6/1
[5]Jennifer Casanova def. [WC]Yelena Pirilenko 6/3, 3/6, 7/6(4)
[WC]Emilia Jarocka-Pottinger def. [2]Ruflina Taliamanosoko 6/2, 0/6, 6/3

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old May 5th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #18
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Alijah

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:25 AM   #19
Joseosu19

Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future

Benedetti: "Recommited to success"

At one point in time Giuseppina Benedetti believed that she was the hardest working player on the FWTT tour. But heartbreak after heartbreak, as well as a balancing other aspects of life that come with growing up lead to Benedetti standing alone on a hardcourt in Canada 2 weeks ago for the Fed Cup, ranked just outside of the top 20. The tears that had been there earlier, after she had dumped an easy forehand volley smash into the net to give Canada a highly exciting 3-2 victory, would not resurface. She stood there with her racket in hand and just stared at the net...contemplating.

Once ranked as high as #3 in the world, and a mere match away from number 2, "Giusa" as the bubbly Italian is affectionately known, has spent the past two seasons finding new ways to hit all-time lows. After proving she was a contendor with a break through season in 2009 on the clay, Benedetti one-upped herself in 2010. She was the undisputed clay queen (before Roland Garros, anyway). Then, to show she was not just a one surface wonder, Giusa captured the US Open series title, cementing herself as a contendor for the US Open as well. But continued disappointments at the slams combined with high expectations in 2011, and led to a dreadful season, especially during her clay tour. 2012 started off better, with the 22 year old Italian making a trip to the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, once again just two points away from a maiden grandslam semifinal. It began looking like 2011 was just a fluke and that'd she be back on top soon. But instead her post Australian performances seemed shockingly listless from a player who once put so much effort into every single point. Her poor season continued (with the exception of a couple of Fed Cup wins in the quarterfinals), until her beloved Italy found themselves one match away from the finals of the Fed Cup for a second straight year. Giuseppina played inspired tennis in her singles match, defeating the surging veteran Samantha Soren. Not typically a strong doubles player, Giusa seemed to gel with teammate Regla Torres from the start of the deciding doubles rubber. Again Benedetti played well above any level she had shown this year...until as has become her "MO", she choked.'

" It was horrible. I wanted it so, so bad. There were lots of eyebrow raises when I chose Nunzia to play a singles match, but she had earned it and proved that. I will never deny a deserving player a spot. Regla didn't want to play two singles matches, but her experience was hard to argue with. I knew she and I had won a couple of doubles tournaments together before, so I felt confident that we could compete."

"At the same time, the Fed Cup was my savior. I remembered what it was like to have that desire, that fire. I remembered what it felt like to be pissed off after a loss. I went back home and talked to my coach and he confirmed that the fire had been missing. He said I should only continue if I was willing to put in the work that is necessary to be successful at the level I expect and desire. I seriously thought about retirement, but ultimately I knew I wasn't...am not ready."

Benedetti did not look impressive last week at Stuttgart after being given a maindraw wildcard for being a former champion there. But she has strung together two wins in a row in Estoril, even if they are against fellow qualifiers. "I know it is going to take time, and unfortuantely I probably won't be fit enough to compete for the French Open title, but I promise I will have a big title to my name by the end of the year."

"Maybe it has been because I've been so distant from it, but the tour seems so quiet right now. We, as a whole, need to step up our game...for the fans and for those women who started the tour a dozen or so years ago."
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario Always #1
Joseosu19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #20
country flag S-T-E-V-E

S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow, Jennifer won a match But what a tight one^^

Ruffy But this tournament is really packed, some very good matches coming up for the Quarterfinals!
S-T-E-V-E is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #21
Keeper of Venus & Serena

Epic article Giusa

Glad you are back, for real!!

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old May 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #22
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute

Two wins

MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARIA SHARAPOVA
MARION BARTOLI | JELENA JANKOVIC | DINARA SAFINA | ANA IVANOVIC
Broseghini is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #23
Keeper of Venus & Serena

Singles Results, Quarterfinals

[1]Pamela Bowden def. [8]Samantha Soren 3/6, 7/5, 6/4
The number one player keeps chugging along and defeats the Canadian.

Marteena Huubere def. [Q]Anastasia Nemayeva 6/1, 1/6, 7/6(5)
Marteena makes a semifinal and is pleased with the result, while Anastasia was pleased with two wins.

[3]Ella Felivitch def. [Q]Giuseppina Benedetti 7/6(2), 6/4
This was an interesting match as both players have slide, but it was quality tennis as Ella moves to the semifinals.

[5]Jennifer Casanova def. [WC]Emilia Jarocka-Pottinger 6/7(5), 7/6(6), 7/6(4)
Jennifer had to fight off Emilia, getting revenge for Ruflina, but deserved this hard fought win.

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old May 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #24
country flag S-T-E-V-E

S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute

I'm soooo happy about that win, lost a match similar to this one last week in Fés and took revenge for Ruffy Now against Ella, another tough one coming up!
Old May 5th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #25
Keeper of Venus & Serena

Doubles Results, First Round

[1]Casanova/Taliamanosoko def. Pemovic/Tenesova 4/6, 6/4, 7/6(0)
Jenn and Ruflina continue to be consistent in doubles and get another win.

Felivitch/Jarocka-Pottinger def. [4]Hingisafrilia/Pryde-Degman 7/5, 7/6(0)
And odd pairing of Ella and Emilia take out the more favored team of Fleri and Kath.

Bowden/Nemayeva def. [3]Anastadis/du Preez 7/5, 7/5
Pam and Nastya get the upset here, and are hoping to earn seeded status at these tournaments.

[2]Graf/Huubere def. Pirilenko/Soren 7/5, 6/4
Sabine and Marteena establish their dominance on the court by communicating so well in this victory.

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old May 5th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #26
country flag S-T-E-V-E

Jennifer Casanova leads Ella Felivitch 6-2
  • Jennifer Casanova def. (4) Ella Felivitch 7-6 (8), 2-6, 6-2 (50k Waikoloa 2005, Hard, semifinals)
  • [6] Ella Felivitch def. [2] Jennifer Casanova 7-5, 7-5 (50k Bronx 2006, Hard, quaterfinals)
  • (5) Jennifer Casanova def. Ella Felivitch 6-2, 0-6, 7-6(0) (Forest Hills 2006, Hard, Semifinals)
  • Jennifer Casanova def. Ella Felivitch 6/7(1), 7/6(5), 7/6(3) (YEC 2009, Hard, Semifinals)
  • [12]Jennifer Casanova def. Ella Felivitch 6/2, 1/6, 7/5 (Miami 2011, Hard, 1st round)
  • Ella Felivitch def. [6]Jennifer Casanova 7/5, 6/4 (US Open 2011, Hard, 3rd round)
  • [6]Jennifer Casanova def. Ella Felivitch 7/6(6), 4/6, 6/4 (Toyko 2011, Hard, 2nd round)
  • [7]Jennifer Casanova def. [5]Ella Felivitch 7/6(3), 1/6, 6/3 (YEC 2011, Hard, Round Robin)
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #27
country flag S-T-E-V-E

And another semifinals in doubles We're defending champions here
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #28
martinafan

martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute

Marteena Slowly getting back into some form.

But am real sorry to have played good friend Sabine in the first round Let's try and get the doubles title though my dear friend!
martinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #29
country flag lemonwilly

lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future

Emilia
Ella/Em
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #30
Keeper of Venus & Serena

Singles Results, Semifinals

Marteena Huubere def. [1]Pamela Bowden 6/3, 4/6, 7/6(5)
Marteena continues her great week in Portugal and knocks off the #1 player in the world.

[5]Jennifer Casanova def. [3]Ella Felivitch 7/6(5), 4/6, 6/4
Jennifer follows up from yesterday's close win with another one against Ella to improve her head to head.

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams