NCAA Tournament projections - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:03 PM   #61
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NCAA Tournament projections

so no Pac 12 teams and ACC teams meet each other until the final, and it's not even certain that an ACC team will advance to that stage

P.S. Oh wait, there was GT in CAL's section

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:58 PM   #62
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

QUESTION: Anybody know exactly where on the NCAA web site they will release singles/doubled entries?

That was a cluster getting the show yesterday due to tornado warning in Indy, but the entire NCAA tennis web page is less than excellent... very difficult to find info.

Thanks in advance
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM   #63
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
QUESTION: Anybody know exactly where on the NCAA web site they will release singles/doubled entries?

That was a cluster getting the show yesterday due to tornado warning in Indy, but the entire NCAA tennis web page is less than excellent... very difficult to find info.

Thanks in advance
http://www.ncaa.com/news/tennis-wome...tions-released
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM   #64
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Apr24/

96 5.27 Anett Schutting California

Anett

Lacey, Lucia

Khunpak Even though she beat Le at the WCC tournament..
Vickers didn't make it too..

ALTERNATES

1. Sofie Oyen Florida
2. Annie Goransson California
3. Samantha Vickers Tulsa
4. Sonja Molnar Iowa
5. Khunpak Issara Pepperdine
6. Mary Clayton Duke

---------------
Doubles Automatic Qualifiers

Pacific-12 Mallory Burdette Nicole Gibbs Stanford

Are you kidding me

2 58.48 Mallory Burdette Nicole Gibbs Stanford
3 53.87 Shinann Featherston Lauren McHale North Carolina
4 46.62 Kaitlyn Christian Sabrina Santamaria University of Southern California

Maybe the point diff. was too much in the 1st place(shouldn't have lost so many matches ), but they're the PAC12 winner

At least Khunpak plays dbls with Lorraine

Alabama, Oklahoma made it too

Li Xi couldn't make it in dbls(duplicate) Arizona team either

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 2nd, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:46 PM   #65
country flag fantic

4/24 ranking

53 11.76 Hanna Mar Duke University
54 11.75 Sofie Oyen University of Florida
55 11.72 Tayler Davis California
56 11.55 Kata Szekely University of Tennessee
57 11.27 Stacey Tan Stanford
58 11.15 Anastasia Erofeeva University of Tulsa
59 10.21 Edyta Cieplucha SMU
60 9.84 Lucia Batta UNLV
61 9.53 Nazari Urbina Texas A&M University
---------------------------------------------
62 9.38 Lauren Herring University of Georgia
63 9.12 Khunpak Issara Pepperdine
64 9.03 Samantha Vickers University of Tulsa
65 9.01 Ellen Tsay Stanford

ALL guesswork now since they didn't release the 4/30 ranking

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:59 PM   #66
country flag fantic

so the Freshmen who made it are;

CAPRA, ANDERSON, BEAZANT, BEKTAS, SANTAMARIA, SCANDALIS, SUSANYI; only 7

DOUBLES;

BURGIC, GUILLERMO, BEKTAS, BEAZANT, GRAFF, CAPRA, SUSANYI, ZIMMERMAN, SANTAMARIA, TSAY, ANDERSON, MORTON, KILGO, WEN(Transfer); 14 players

who plays both; CAPRA, ANDERSON, BEAZANT, BEKTAS, SANTAMARIA, SUSANYI

No Texas players..

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 2nd, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM   #67
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Apr24/

96 5.27 Anett Schutting California

Anett

Lacey, Lucia

Khunpak Even though she beat Le at the WCC tournament..
Vickers didn't make it too..

ALTERNATES

1. Sofie Oyen Florida
2. Annie Goransson California
3. Samantha Vickers Tulsa
4. Sonja Molnar Iowa
5. Khunpak Issara Pepperdine
6. Mary Clayton Duke

---------------
Doubles Automatic Qualifiers

Pacific-12 Mallory Burdette Nicole Gibbs Stanford

Are you kidding me

2 58.48 Mallory Burdette Nicole Gibbs Stanford
3 53.87 Shinann Featherston Lauren McHale North Carolina
4 46.62 Kaitlyn Christian Sabrina Santamaria University of Southern California

Maybe the point diff. was too much in the 1st place(shouldn't have lost so many matches ), but they're the PAC12 winner

At least Khunpak plays dbls with Lorraine

Alabama, Oklahoma made it too

Li Xi couldn't make it in dbls(duplicate) Arizona team either
Fantic, agreed, definitely not the way that one would think the rules are written. I'd also have assumed that if you win the PAC-12 tournament, you should win the automatic qualifier spot. But after that, it doesn't change the results, does it??
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM   #68
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Fantic, agreed, definitely not the way that one would think the rules are written. I'd also have assumed that if you win the PAC-12 tournament, you should win the automatic qualifier spot. But after that, it doesn't change the results, does it??
KK/Sabs will just have to win it all to prove their worth again
And if they win, they might wear 'No Respect' t-shirts which STAN players wore a few years ago

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:19 PM   #69
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

I don't get the logic of at-large selections when it comes down to the last few girls ranked near top 64... Oyen is an alternate while Stacey Tan who is ranked lower gets in..
knoxt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:30 PM   #70
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
so no Pac 12 teams and ACC teams meet each other until the final, and it's not even certain that an ACC team will advance to that stage

P.S. Oh wait, there was GT in CAL's section
Duke will
knoxt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote