Anett Kontaveit - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:15 AM   #766
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anetts opponent is in really bad form. She has won no MD matches since october last year
BTW, Anett also pulled out of Caserta so maybe shes waiting for some easier 25Ks

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : May 1st, 2012 at 10:54 AM.
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:50 PM   #767
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Had to wait all day but here it finally is: (JE)Anett Kontaveit (EST) d. Margalita Chakhnashvili (GEO) 64 61
Next up is (Q)Tereza Mrdeza (CRO) who beat (2)Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) 76(5) 36 63
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #768
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

(JE)Anett Kontaveit (EST) d. Margalita Chakhnashvili (GEO) 64 61

Very good, another 8p earned, should be around 421 now.

Also, Meusburger and Zaniewska are both out, so the next opponent is Tereza Mrdeza. Don't know anything about her other than that she is on her career high ranking of 236 atm. The draw seems to open up, let's hope Anett has now gained some confidence on clay and can get some more wins.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM   #769
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Had to wait all day but here it finally is: (JE)Anett Kontaveit (EST) d. Margalita Chakhnashvili (GEO) 64 61
Next up is (Q)Tereza Mrdeza (CRO) who beat (2)Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) 76(5) 36 63
You beat me with the news

Btw, tomorrow Anett has 3rd match on court 2, the first one starts at 10. Sadly we have to wait all day again for the result.

Last edited by muusa : May 2nd, 2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM   #770
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

ANETT!!!
I thought shed win. Mrdeza seems to have been in better form but have lower potential. SHes just been playing the 25s and has been making QF, Sf nearly every week. I think Anett can take her. Anett needs her revenge over stefi for Glasgow
I really hope she makes at least the quarters, her tournaments are goung so quickly

Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM   #771
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Good win for Anett, even if her opponent was in such a bad form, as chingching said before.
Good thing that Meusberger and Zaniewska are out, but still Anett has to do some hard work to win the next 2 matches.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:08 PM   #772
country flag muusa

Tereza MRDEZA (CRO) 2-6 6-3 6-2 Anett KONTAVEIT (EST)

Rather disappointing. Yeah, she is not ready to constantly beat top 250 players, but I expected a better run still. However, the likes of Putintseva and Khromacheva also did not make it far.
At least Jürgen and Kaia won today

I wonder what will her schedule be in the next two months - probably only juniors (as she pulled out of the 25k-s mid-May): GA, RG, maybe G1 Roehampton and then Wimbledon?
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM   #773
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Tereza MRDEZA (CRO) 2-6 6-3 6-2 Anett KONTAVEIT (EST)

Rather disappointing. Yeah, she is not ready to constantly beat top 250 players, but I expected a better run still. However, the likes of Putintseva and Khromacheva also did not make it far.
At least Jürgen and Kaia won today

I wonder what will her schedule be in the next two months - probably only juniors (as she pulled out of the 25k-s mid-May): GA, RG, maybe G1 Roehampton and then Wimbledon?
I still think she should play the 25K Kristinehamm the same week as wimbly qualies (the week before roehampton) as it will be weaker because many are playing qualifying and those from MD woudlnt go from clay to grass in a matter of days. I think it would be a good place close to home. Then she can have a week at wimbledon practicing on the courts and be ready for juniors
She needs to start making more Qfs as soon some of her points will come off.
I think that she can only beat the really highly ranked players (like schoofs, paszek, mladenovic) at bigger events because she is seen as the underdog. At 25s, everyone counts her in as a potential winner. Hopefully she can do better at these lower events.

Old May 4th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #774
country flag chingching

Her tournaments are passing so quickly. She only has 7 tournaments left all year, and if shes going to continue playing these hard tournaments, she is not going to be top 300

Old May 4th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #775
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Her tournaments are passing so quickly. She only has 7 tournaments left all year, and if shes going to continue playing these hard tournaments, she is not going to be top 300
If I calculated correctly, she has 36 points to defend until the end of the year. I am sure she will be inside top 350/400 by the end of the year, but reaching top 300 is a bit doubtful if she keeps on losing in second rounds. On the other hand, reaching at least one SF for example would already give a strong boost to the ranking, so her goal is still achievable. Playing more WTA-s does also not help the cause, but on the contrary reduces it as the points awarded in qualification are quite limited (played 3 hard high level matches in Copenhagen and only got 10 points altogether).
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #776
country flag chingching

I was thinking that maybe because Anett is not performing as well as we would have hoped at 25s, she could try the first ever 15K in prerov. You get 20 ranking points if you win, more than I thought you would get and if she won it plus her Chiasso points sshe would be around 380
BTW, she is at a career high today of 450
Also, if Anett can win a GA and get a decent amount of points from RG + Wimbly, she could get another lot of JEs for next year. I would recommend that she plays G1 Linz again because winner gets a WC into WTA Linz Q draw

BTW, IMO WTA qualies are so underpointed

Last edited by chingching : May 10th, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #777
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Also, if Anett can win a GA and get a decent amount of points from RG + Wimbly, she could get another lot of JEs for next year.
Now watch her lose in the 3rd round of that GA or sth like that, because she has the pressure to do well
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #778
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Now watch her lose in the 3rd round of that GA or sth like that, because she has the pressure to do well
You're definately right about her performing better as an underdog
I still think she will struggle to lose before the Qf or Sf

Old May 10th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #779
country flag chingching

i really want Anett to play 25K Maribor or 15K Prerov
They are slightly weaker but still some good competitiona available

Also, Anett is now 4 seed for Trofeo Bonfiglio
She also rose to 13 in this weeks rankings (every Estonians ranking rose or stayed the same )

Last edited by chingching : May 10th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #780
country flag chingching

Here is full Match Anett vs Caroline Garcia 3rd Round WImbledon 2011 Thanks to TimeyWimey