time to hire up a coach? - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 1st, 2012, 02:11 AM   #196
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by womensrights View Post
Its same as last year. She was in LA training for a month with her dad and Cecil Mammit. The longer she stays on the road with Hogstedt or should I say the more time spent with hogstedt the worse she gets. Its easy to see.
It seems odd to me that after Pova's most successful tournament in four years, you want to hang her coach out to dry in the hot california sun. You know, the guy who obstensively got her into this position.

If Pova or Yuri, for that matter, thought Hogg was doing her harm, he would be tarred, feathered and run out of tennis on a rail!

But what we saw after this amazing tournament was Pova scampering to her box for hugs all around, an especially big hug for Hogg. Doesn't seem like Pova has any doubt about Hogg.

Seems to me you are honing a fabricated story for consumption by the English Papperrazzi in a couple of months.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2012, 02:33 AM   #197
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: time to hire up a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
It seems odd to me that after Pova's most successful tournament in four years, you want to hang her coach out to dry in the hot california sun. You know, the guy who obstensively got her into this position.

If Pova or Yuri, for that matter, thought Hogg was doing her harm, he would be tarred, feathered and run out of tennis on a rail!

But what we saw after this amazing tournament was Pova scampering to her box for hugs all around, an especially big hug for Hogg. Doesn't seem like Pova has any doubt about Hogg.

Seems to me you are honing a fabricated story for consumption by the English Papperrazzi in a couple of months.
Yes this!!
Look at how far she's come since she hired Hoggy! She's only gone up.
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:24 AM   #198
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its same as last year. She was in LA training for a month with her dad and Cecil Mammit. The longer she stays on the road with Hogstedt or should I say the more time spent with hogstedt the worse she gets. Its easy to see.

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:16 AM   #199
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

He helped her to change the movement of her forehand too for what I can see
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:47 PM   #200
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Maria would have won RG last year if not the gusts of huge wind on center court - simple as that.
If elements are kind to her, she should complete the task this year.
This. Praying for severe heat and drought this year. The French can thirst so long as RG conditions are kind to Maria.
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM   #201
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

but last year the conditions were amazing, except for windy days in the end. I know because I was there
so thinking of how usually weather is in Paris I'm extremely doubtful about it this year too
She needs to improve herself, count on her own strenght
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:27 PM   #202
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah with the altitude in Madrid it can be pretty windy so a few wins there might give some confidence about serving in wind. I know she was really banging down the serves this week but she's showed she's been more willing to add a bit of spin to the second serves.
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM   #203
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Do u remember that second serve just in the middle of the net?

I still have nightmares
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM   #204
country flag jameshazza

No...
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM   #205
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Pova is a Big Babe First Strike Aggressive and Offensive Player. She is going to serve the most aggressive serve possible at any given time.

First serve, second serve, it doesn't matter.

Just served two DF's, not an issue.

Match point up, match point down, makes no difference.

What her opponent can count on is that it's coming with heat to a place on the court she doesn't want it. That's just basic Pova tennis.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:30 PM   #206
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Hogstedt is doing a great job with Maria. It's only been up ever since they started collaborating. He has done wonders for her serve.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:17 PM   #207
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Really??? I must have been dreaming that Maria was in 4 finals this year and won the last tournament.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #208
country flag abesky

abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice

I think this new Pova is amazing. She's been more fluid with her game. Now she just needs to be mentally stable.
abesky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #209
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Im resuming this not because theres not coach in her box but just to talk about her form and training.
we all saw Maria in a very good form playing this AO but still theres a complete lack of a plan B in her game. I was wondering if hitting cross balls with more top spin would have changed at least the score of her semis (its what for instance in this AO final Azarenka did in the final of the first set), instead she kept hitting flat balls with no sense.
is her coach training her well atm? Im thinking of ROdriguez and Nanà for instance
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #210
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Who is better for her Joyce or Thomas? Why did she abandon Michael?
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote