Mutua Madrid Open 2012-Blue clay what?Serena who? Bring on the real clay! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #16
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mutua Madrid Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
Maybe she decides to skip this and have a go in Rome.

She won't reach back-to-back semis in Rome and Madrid that's for sure .
She has a week off.... Why would she skip a PM

And I see no reason why she can't do well in both Rome and Madrid. Bitch looks as fit as ever to me
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #17
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she'll do well here. The clay is far too fast here, and isn't anything like the clay at Rome or Roland Garros.
As far as I'm concerned she should just skip this one, but I guess she has to play it.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #18
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
She has a week off.... Why would she skip a PM

And I see no reason why she can't do well in both Rome and Madrid. Bitch looks as fit as ever to me
She doesn't want to tire up ahead of the French , and it's pointless in my opinion doing so.

She should play at Madrid and try to win it and then lose in the quarters of Rome or something .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #19
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

I rather have her lose in the QFs of Madrid or something and win Rome. Will be good for confidence as well going into RG.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #20
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

She is a fighter, She never thought uhm i'm win this so I will lose that match. A fighter always fighting, no arrangements.
She will lose because on a bad day with the come back of UEPova or DFPova, not because of her arrangement
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #21
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2cruxs2 View Post
She is a fighter, She never thought uhm i'm win this so I will lose that match. A fighter always fighting, no arrangements.
She will lose because on a bad day with the come back of UEPova or DFPova, not because of her arrangement
I agree. I don't think Maria ever enters a tournament to lose. She will do her best at all times. A it is, she doesn't play as many tournaments as some other girls e.g Caro Woz.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #22
country flag Child in Time

Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice Child in Time is just really nice

Her website announces Madrid as her next tournament
I think she'll focus more on Rome though cause she's got more points to defend there. Either way, I'm really looking forward to the whole clay season cause CLAYpova rocks!!!
Child in Time is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #23
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

She gotta play Madrid since this is supposed to be a Premier Tournament.

I am sure she and her team will be wise enough to know what to do with the schedule So no worries...Won't be surprised if she play maximum 3 matches and tank it like R3...well, also depends on the draw, too...so we'll see
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #24
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I don't think she'll do well here. The clay is far too fast here, and isn't anything like the clay at Rome or Roland Garros.
As far as I'm concerned she should just skip this one, but I guess she has to play it.
why would fast conditions not suit her? Her serve will work wonders again and she will not have to slug it out from the baseline and drain her energy too much...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #25
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

A semifinal here would be very satisfying for me.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #26
country flag doooma6816

doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of

I don't like this tournament but playing on blue clay will be definitely exciting.
I hope she'll make at least QF, but Rome and RG are more important.
C'mon Masha!:d
Venus Ana Petra Pavly Franny
doooma6816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #27
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I'd really want her to win one of them anyway. Even if she wins in Madrid. I'm sure she'd be fit enough for 2/3 matches in Rome then she could withdraw citing fatigue or some injury. She'd have a title and sufficient matches on real clay to refresh her memory ahead of RG.

Or 3/4 matches here would leave her fresh enough to do well in Rome again.

And this is the reason why Madrid is Mandatory on WTA, you think any of the real box office stars would play there if it was Rome that was Mandatory?
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #28
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea if blue clay is faster or slower compared to the red, I hope she does good anyway, but I'd prefer her to be 100% fit for Rome and RG and if that means not going too far in Madrid will be ok.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #29
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that when Pova enters a tournament she enters to win. No hedging or schemes looking forward to the next tournament. She will play Madrid and play it to win.

Then she will most likely follow her schedule and play Rome to win it, too.

It would be fantasstic for Pova to enter RG with three trophies alread in her bag.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #30
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
I think that when Pova enters a tournament she enters to win. No hedging or schemes looking forward to the next tournament. She will play Madrid and play it to win.

Then she will most likely follow her schedule and play Rome to win it, too.

It would be fantasstic for Pova to enter RG with three trophies alread in her bag.
No doubt about it, you're absoulutely right.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote