Anett Kontaveit - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #751
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett second on court 2 tomorrow. My classes begin tomorrow so I might not be able to stay up too late but at least there is live scoring for every court
This is the link:http://www.softprecision.com/livesco...oreWebView.php
Also, Anett is 13th acceptance into French Open, hopefully she can get a good result at GA so she can be seeded well. But I guess if she wants to ein, she has to be able to beat them all
Here's the entrance list: http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tou...tid=1100025833

For Anett to break top 400, she needs around 25 points (26 this week, which menas if she can take advantage of this very empty half (all the seeds are gone!!!!) and get some points in CHiasso, she should be top 400 easily.
She needs 26 right now, if she makes semis, she gets 24. I dont see anyone really who is the clear favourite over her, so a semi is possible. A final will be harder, as Ons Jabeur in Tunisia on clay, having saved match point in her last match will be full of confidence, but I think if Anett gets to the final, she can win it!!!
If she did win, she would be ranked around 365!!!!
She could get into almost all 25ks with that rank!!! And she would have only played 4 tourneys this year

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Apr 25th, 2012 at 02:43 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #752
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately Anett lost to Richel Hogenkamp 26 36. That's quite a clear loss. I wonder if she needs some more time to adjust to clay as it was the first tournament after a long time (and almost no practice beforehand), while the other opponents had already played some clay-tournaments.

Next up is Chiasso, which is even tougher I guess top 400 has to wait.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #753
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

That's bad
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #754
country flag nimona123

nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice nimona123 is just really nice

clear loss, but no worries, i would say anett is still in TOP300 with her game..
nimona123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #755
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

She's always going to through in a loss here and ther. But richel is a good player, I knew before the match it would be tough for Anett to win but I thought she might in 3 but it weasn't tp be. But richel won a 50K in Astana once, smashing the likes of evgeniya rodina, zarina diyas and ekaterina bychkova

Old Apr 27th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #756
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Anett is on the entry lists of the following 25k tournaments starting on May 14th: Caserta, Moscow and Casablanca. This is also the order of her preferences. Currently she is in the alternates in all of them, but I suppose that at least for Moscow and Casablanca she can eventually get into the qualifiying list, likely even seeded.
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #757
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Anett is on the entry lists of the following 25k tournaments starting on May 14th: Caserta, Moscow and Casablanca. This is also the order of her preferences. Currently she is in the alternates in all of them, but I suppose that at least for Moscow and Casablanca she can eventually get into the qualifiying list, likely even seeded.
That's great
She might even make MD for Moscow (LDA was 500 and something for the one the same weeks as bath)

Old Apr 27th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #758
country flag muusa

Oh, and just noticed that she has also 4th preference for 50k Saint-Gaudens and 5th for 100k Prague.
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #759
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Oh, and just noticed that she has also 4th preference for 50k Saint-Gaudens and 5th for 100k Prague.
Yeah I was gonna mention it
Maybe she could have played in Fergana instead (even though I am so against whoring points)
I think it would be nice to try some higehr level challengers, but they are all so strong and her ranking is no where near the mark. All though I think if she reached her peak form she really could do some damage at 50 and 100ks. Look at some of her wins!!!!

Old Apr 27th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #760
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure she would make the qualifying cut in all of these tournaments (maybe Prague being a little bit doubtful, but probably even there). Caserta seems most likely - makes sense in traveling sense and will have a weak field.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #761
country flag muusa

Anett's quarter of the draw in Chiasso:

(7)Victoria Larriere (FRA) v Leticia Costas-Moreira (ESP)
Sandra Zaniewska (POL) v Q/LL
(JE)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v Margalita Chakhnashvili (GEO)
(2)Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) v Q/LL

Pretty tough, second seed Meusburger (who has a number of losses this year, but in higher level tournaments) and the winner of Tunis, Zaniewska.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #762
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Pretty sure she would make the qualifying cut in all of these tournaments (maybe Prague being a little bit doubtful, but probably even there). Caserta seems most likely - makes sense in traveling sense and will have a weak field.
Yeah, Caserta it is as she has now withdrawn from every other tournament.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #763
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw but hopefully she can win a match
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #764
country flag chingching

I think that if she gets there, the QF will be the hardest. After that she has Putintseva or Domachowska

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #765
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Even if she beats the Georgian and Meusburger, Zaniewska is too much at this moment. But she may lose in the first round as well, given her consistency.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote