** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 268 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #4006
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
I just realized that Maria didn't actually cut off her hair and it was all a joke .
lol how in the world?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #4007
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Seriously, she likes the food everywhere, because she likes food. (FattyPova in future?? )
I did some exhaustive research on this...Maria mentioned food 536 times in 371 interviews over the last four years. Studying photos from 2008, comparing them to photos from 2012, I discovered a mathematical formula regarding her weight gaining tendencies.

2008 weight plus 0 equals her 2012 weight.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #4008
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #4009
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I did some exhaustive research on this...Maria mentioned food 536 times in 371 interviews over the last four years. Studying photos from 2008, comparing them to photos from 2012, I discovered a mathematical formula regarding her weight gaining tendencies.

2008 weight plus 0 equals her 2012 weight.
I mean this in a good way, you're one of the weirdest posters ever.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #4010
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
I mean this in a good way, you're one of the weirdest posters ever.
Well.....I tried to make my point in a good way....I kind of cringed at the term FattyPova.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #4011
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

And I was just kidding.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #4012
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

I cannot imagine a fat Maria even when she is pregnant.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #4013
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Maria says her movement and recovery has improved heaps on clay, and that she actually likes playing on it now. Her serving and ballstriking have so much potential to be deadly as well especially in recent years cause she employs so much kick and spin on her serve now, and so much top spin when playing on clay. Plus she's more content with rallying than ever.

I'm genuinely confident that she can take out RG this year. I just feel like she's so much more confident on clay than on hardcourts these days, and she's shown throughout this entire year so far she has what it takes to win big titles, but there's just that lack of confidence in finals.
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #4014
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...746245,00.html

Quote:
Quotable Quotes... Sharapova In Stuttgart

April 23, 2012
STUTTGART, Germany - She's not only making her first appearance in Stuttgart, she's making her first appearance in Germany since 2005. She's Maria Sharapova, and she met the Stuttgart press on Monday afternoon...

On playing in Germany for the first time in almost seven years...
"I haven't been here in so many years - I think Berlin was the last time, in '05 or '04. And Stuttgart never quite worked out in my schedule - before the French Open I'd always play only a couple of events, but now there's an extra week in the schedule, so it was a pretty easy decision for me to come here."

On what she likes about Germany...
"Many things. Like the speed of the cars. I love just driving here. I actually drove from Munich to here, and the driver asked if he could drive at "normal speed"! It was a lot of fun. They have great food here too. But this is my first time in Stuttgart and I haven't seen much yet, so I'm still getting used to it."

On clay...
"I've improved a lot on clay. Not just physically - I've been moving better and then recovering better too - but I'm also enjoying it a bit more than before. I've learned so much about the game on clay, creating points and realizing points are never over until they're really over. Here it's like a cat and mouse game. You can hit two great shots and the ball can still come back. But on grass it's so much quicker, and it's all about the first shot and whoever can take control.

"Now the clay season isn't too long every year - usually just three or four events. You can always make it longer, but with scheduling it's tough to add more."

On her goals in the clay court season...
"My goals are the big ones - definitely Roland Garros, but all these events leading up to it too. And also to improve in these weeks and get better."

On comparing the Top 4 in the women's to the Top 4 in the men's...
"It's definitely not the same. In the men's, the Big Four are much more ahead of everyone else. But in the women's it's much tougher than a few years ago. You used to have almost a few practice matches to start, but now you get tough opponents from the first round, and every player has opportunities to get to that stage. They may not be seeded, but they've had big wins."

On the photo she posted of herself with a short hair wig last week...
"I was at a photo shoot and we were trying different hairstyles - some were very long and one was very short. I had absolutely no intention of making people believe I cut my hair! I got more e-mails about that than when I've won Grand Slams. It really surprised me, and I think I learned a lesson!"

On her cousin, Daria Sharapova, who is a rising junior player...
"She trained in a different part of Florida, so I haven't seen her too much, though she's now training in Sarasota. The transition from juniors to the pros is one of the toughest transitions for anybody, and that's really when you learn about developing your game and playing at a new level. I've seen so many juniors with so much talent, but then you get to a position where some things change, in your life or in the competition. I hope she makes the transition."
First appearance in Germany since 2005 !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #4015
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

And finally someone asked her a question about Daria.
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #4016
country flag MM_1257

Here is Maria's chat... She "flirted" with a Serbian / Montenigrian guy
Maria Sharapova
Today we had one of the biggest stars of female Tennis in our live-chat: Maria Sharapova, ranked world No. 2. There were really very much questions from fans all over the world, but unfortunately Maria couldn't answer them all in the given time.

Here are all answered questions

Question from Violeta Ela:
Hello from Romania my questions are: what was the most funniest thing u did? or the most embarrassing?

Answer from Maria:
Oh i can't possibly tell you those things... I'm too shy ;-)

Question from Shivank Sharma:
Hello Maria, who are your favorite active ATP and WTA players?

Answer from Maria:
I really enjoy watching Nadal play... such a fighter and he never gives up!

Question from Johannes Wehr:
Hey Maria, who or what was your source of motivation to come back to the tour after your shoulder injury?

Answer from Maria:
I just love this sport, and I have been doing it since i was four years old. And I always believed I could get back on top.

Question from Thomas Ronda:
If you could play against any player in history, who would it be?

Answer from Maria:
Hmm, that is a good question… and to be honest, I don't know the answer, but I would probably want to play vs McEnroe... at least I would be entertained

Question from Maja:
Maria, do you beat your sparring partners when you play "a match" during practice?

Answer from Maria:
I TRY to beat them, but most of the time I'm not very good in practice

Question from Marius Pickert:
how is it here to be in stuttgart at the first time???

Answer from Maria:
I know I have said this many times already, but the buffet at the tournament is just oh so yummy, and I think that might be the reason I have not seen much of the city

Question from Sava Novakovic:
What is your favourite type of food?

Answer from Maria:
Wow, so much to choose from, but it's usually anything that my grandmother cooks... btw nice name!

Question from Dan Peng:
Hi Maria, which court do you prefer? Grass, Clay or Hard?

Answer from Maria:
I'm stuck on this answer, because even though I love grass we only play a few tournaments on it, so I would probably say hard courts!

Question from Maja:
Do you like to dance? What is your favourite dance?

Answer from Maria:
Oh yes, who doesn't like to dance!! Not in public of course... and never sober... that would be wrong!

Question from Niklas Pfaff:
What and who makes you laugh?

Answer from Maria:
So many simple and stupid things make me laugh, but probably the most entertaining person I know is my hairstylist

Question from NoLe Milic:
Maria ,who is your best friend on the tour ? :-)

Answer from Maria:
Me, myself and I

Question from Marc Ribolla:
Hi Maria! What kind of animal do u like most? Do u have a pet by yourself?

Answer from Maria:
I like penguins and koalas… but I have a dog named Dolce… fluffy and golden

Question from Bálint Szantner:
Hi Maria! The tennis courts (particularly - as far as I know your favorite -, the hardcourts) slowed down a great deal during the recent years. Does this bother you or effect any element of your game?

Answer from Maria:
I think everyone just has to adjust to whichever changes are made on the tour. I'm not picky.

Question from Violeta:
if u can have any superpower, what would that be?

Answer from Maria:
Invisibility... I would feel like Sherlock Holmes was my brother

Question from Catherine Tsapelik:
One tough question... Why do you call yourself Russian while having both parents from Belarus?

Answer from Maria:
I do consider myself Russian... although I have so much family in Belarus. I sill try to go back to Belarus every so often!

Question from Dan Peng:
Do you cook?

Answer from Maria:
Wellll let me begin with wellll…. I do attempt to cook, but perhaps I get a little lazy.... and tend to overcook the pasta. its' not al dente... sorry

Question from Martina Ghinamo:
Does Dolce ever come on the run with with you?

Answer from Maria:
Haha, oh poor Dolce would have a nervous breakdown if he did any sort of exercise... I think it runs in the family
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #4017
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed reading that
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #4018
country flag MM_1257

And I am a bit of a starstruck at this age. I cannot believe it was possible. I am too old for it.
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #4019
country flag lefty24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
And I am a bit of a starstruck at this age. I cannot believe it was possible. I am too old for it.
Omg was that your question? That was My face question/answer!!!

And of course talking about the buffet. How typical.
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #4020
country flag MM_1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Omg was that your question? That was My face question/answer!!!

And of course talking about the buffet. How typical.
Not sure I understand you well... She answered me 2 questions. I had more serious questions but they did not choose them...
Closed Thread