Eva Paalma - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #46
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eva Paalma

Kenana Cup, Bulgaria, G3
R1: Eva PAALMA (EST) [6] 6-2 6-2 Yana PARSHINA (RUS)
R2 against Rebeka STOLMAR (HUN)

Eva was the only player who survived the "Estonian massacre" yesterday... Anett, Tatjana, Zopp, Ivanov and Kerner all lost yesterday
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #47
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Eva was the only player who survived the "Estonian massacre" yesterday... Anett, Tatjana, Zopp, Ivanov and Kerner all lost yesterday
It was clearly a very bad day for Estonian tennis indeed. Good for Eva though!
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #48
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

She is top seed in dubs with ipek soylu. Hopefully she can make a semi, if she can get past this qualifier and perhaps jankovic (who did get bagelled by a bulgarian WC)

Next week, she has a G2 in Romania. Its nice that shes trying some higher ranked events. If she gets a good drawm she might make a quarters or something, which would be some great points

Her goal is to be top 100 by the end of the year, and she is 151.25 points off that. So if she can make a semis in singles, and win doubles, means she is 42.5 points closer, leaving her 108.75 points away from top 100 (rankings will change, so she may need more or less points). If she can then make 2 quarters in Romania G2, she gets 35 points and is 73.75 points away. If she then plays Estonian Open G4 which I think she intends to do because she didnt enter Roland Garros, and she can finally win a title, which she may be able to do, she gets 40 and maybe 5 from doubles, putting her around 50 points away once you include the defended points. Basically, eva has the potential, she just needs to develop some consistency. From the clips I saw of her at SEB Tallink Open V against, Katerzyna Piter,l she hit such an amazing ball, I was shocked she wasnt top 50 Junior!!! As I said, the potentials there as seen by her win over Natalija Kostic at European Summer Cups 18U.

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #49
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

(Q)Rebeka Stolmar (HUN) d. (6)Eva Paalma (EST) 63 26 63

Now I understand. This must be the "all my faves suck" week. Seriously, So many faves were playing this week (both WTA and ATP, Estonians and others), but none of them did not even get 2 wins in a row (except Zopp).
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #50
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Eva is seriously going down. she lost 1st round the last week!!!!!!!!

Last edited by chingching : Jun 22nd, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:49 AM   #51
country flag chingching

Evas opponent first round is a lucky loser which is great but her second round is the third seed
If she can make the Quarters that would be fantastic, but given her form im not getting my hopes up.
BTW, eva lost first round last week in dohbles as top seed and the doubles draw isnt out for this week
Her partner last week was singles champion, so either they just teamed badly or eva is really slumping

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM   #52
country flag chingching

Eva won 61 63
A very nice scoreline. Lets hope she can keep it up against the 3rd seed
Eva is playing doubles with latvian laura gulbe and has the 3rd seeds second round

Old May 8th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #53
country flag chingching

Eva mad ethe semis in doubles at the G2 and made second round in singles so she is now up at 259!!! Hope she can continue up and up and hopefully break top 200 soon. This is her best doubles result and her worst counting singles result. She is on the list for the G$ in Tallinn (Clay at Nomme). Hope she can win her first title there. Will any posters be able to watch???

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #54
country flag chingching

Qualies draw is out:
(1)Antonia Lottner (GER) v BYE
Celeste Barboglio (ITA) v Vittoria Beolchi (ITA)
Martina Parmigiani (ITA) v (wc)Anna Turati (ITA)
(12)Eva Paalma (EST) v Chiara Quattrone (ITA)

(2)Alena Tarasova (RUS) v BYE
Martina Colmegna (ITA) v Fiona Solomon (ITA)
Georgia Brescia (ITA) v Lodovica Giannini (ITA)
(10)Theresa Alison van Zyl (RSA) v Irene Adoncecchi (ITA)

(3)Adrijana Lekaj (CRO) v BYE
Anna Maria Battista (ITA) v (wc)Bianca Turati (ITA)
Claudia Duranti (ITA) v Veronica Verzoletto (ITA)
(13)Madara Straume (LAT) v Federica Joe Gardella (ITA)

(4)Kanika Vaidya (IND) v BYE
Anna Davydova (RUS) v Claudia De Andreis (ITA)
Camilla Orlandi (ITA) v Eugenia Todaro (ITA)
(11)Peggy Porter (USA) v Federica Prati (ITA)

(5)Mayya Katsitadze (RUS) v BYE
(wc)Tatiana Pieri (ITA) v Marta Bellucco (ITA)
Valeria Prosperi (ITA) v Arianna Tricarico (ITA)
(14)Vitaliya Alkhovik (USA) v Giulia Della Cioppa (ITA)

(6)Michelle Werbrouck (BEL) v BYE
Sara Ottomano (SUI) v (wc)Verena Meliss (ITA)
Claudia Marini (ITA) v Mariagiovanna Nanti (ITA)
(9)Akvile Parazinskaite (LTU) v Giorgia Carnovale (ITA)

(7)Bernarda Pera (CRO) v BYE
Greta Di Majo (ITA) v Yana Morar (UKR)
Alice Lamaro (ITA) v Giorgia Ferrario (ITA)
(15)Isabelle Wallace (AUS) v Silvia Mocciola (ITA)

(8)Alejandra Cisneros (MEX) v BYE
Marina Margulis (RUS) v Camilla Negrini (ITA)
(wc)Jessica Pieri (ITA) v Pervinca Curci (ITA)
(16)Violeta Jankovic (SRB) v Cristiana Ferrando (ITA)

First player is unranked and the second is either unranked or out of the top 1000 so it would be disappointing if Eva did not make FQR. Then she would be expected to lose to top seed. Such a shame she had to draw Lottner

Last edited by chingching : May 19th, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #55
country flag chingching

I expect Eva to play one of the dutch 10ks, given that Indy got Tallinn WC

Old May 20th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #56
country flag chingching

Eva defeated Chiara 63 60
Hopefully she can make FQR and give Antonia a battle. She has a wonderful forehand as shown in her videos against Katerzyna Piter and hopefully she can get it together fpr Juniors, something she's never been able to do

Old May 20th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #57
country flag chingching

Sadly Eva lost FQR. She defeated Parmigiani 64 64 but then lost to Lottner 76 63. Not a bad effort given Lottner is top 80
Better luck for either doubles or Estonian Open

Old Jun 18th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #58
country flag chingching

Eva started with a 6-0 6-1 win as top seed
Hopefully she can win her first title here

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #59
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Eva PAALMA (EST) [1] 6-3 6-2 Galina BYKOVA (RUS)
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #60
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Eva PAALMA (EST) [1] 6-3 6-2 Galina BYKOVA (RUS)
YAY
Finally some good results
She has to win this tourney!!