Anett Kontaveit - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #721
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Chiasso will be weaker than last year with 1 or 2 people withdrawing each day. Now LDA is 204
Withdrawal deadline was yesterday, so not many withdrawals from now.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #722
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Tunis qualies draw will be out soon
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #723
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
11 potential future tennis stars according to Sport-Express.
I know!!!! Im shocked they put so many americans in there though like vicky duval. Anyway, if they remembered eugenie, that would have been quite a good list
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #724
country flag chingching

Anetts Tunis list will now be weaker than Bath
Chiasso list not budging
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #725
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Btw the list for Trofeo Bonfiglio is out, Anett is currently 9th.

No Khromacheva this time so not sure if any of the girls ahead of her would be a real threat. Many (if not all) of them have gained points by only winning the tournaments in South-America. Then again, you never know with the juniors.

Last edited by muusa : Apr 20th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #726
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Btw the list for Trofeo Bonfiglio is out, Anett is currently 9th.

No Khromacheva this time so not sure if any of the girls ahead of her would be a real threat. Many (if not all) of them have gained points by only winning the tournaments in South-America. Then again, you never know with the juniors.
Why is it already out!!!! Citta di Croce was only released 2 days ago
Still, thats great!!!
Youre right about the list. IMO, the only players that can harm her are Gonzalez and Schmiedlova. Besides thaa, they are all phoneys!!!!
Anyway, she will be favourite to take this title. I was so surprised when I saw ash barty on G1 list, but whats even more surprising is that shes playing that only and not this!!!

250 points will be nice for her ranking, and she will be the first player in quite a while to old 2 GAs at the same time (was gavrilova the last???).

If she does win (sadly no dubs with indy, which shocks me cause a asked indy on facebook and she said she would be playing dubs with anett all year in juniors and maybe seniors [i wanted them to play tallinn 10K V for dubs, with anett not playing singles]) she will go up to no. 5 assuming she doesnt get any doubles points and that danilina makes trofeo bonfiglio as one of her counted tourneys

Last edited by chingching : Apr 20th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 02:12 AM   #727
country flag chingching

Anett should have played fes. She wouldnt have needed a wildcard to play qualies

Anyway, here is a clay training picture:

Last edited by chingching : Apr 21st, 2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 11:20 AM   #728
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

You shouldn't be so confident. It's girls juniors after all Anett is the best on the list, but who knows...
I don't think Montserrat Gonzalez is a threat, as she's been awful lately. But there are a few other good clay courters out there, such as Chalena Scholl, Viktoria Kan or even Varvara Flink. Also, you shouldn't underestimate Danilina. Yes, she's whored some points, she's not as good as her ranking suggests, but she's won Copa Gerdau after winning all the macthes in straights and she defeated some good girls this year, including Marianna zakarliuk and Danka Kovinic. Danilina and Schmiedlova should be the only real rivals for Anett here.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 12:32 PM   #729
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
You shouldn't be so confident. It's girls juniors after all Anett is the best on the list, but who knows...
I don't think Montserrat Gonzalez is a threat, as she's been awful lately. But there are a few other good clay courters out there, such as Chalena Scholl, Viktoria Kan or even Varvara Flink. Also, you shouldn't underestimate Danilina. Yes, she's whored some points, she's not as good as her ranking suggests, but she's won Copa Gerdau after winning all the macthes in straights and she defeated some good girls this year, including Marianna zakarliuk and Danka Kovinic. Danilina and Schmiedlova should be the only real rivals for Anett here.
If you cant win a 10K in almaty, you cant beat anett. Im telling you, she will not lose to danilina. Chalena cant really play the red clay, flink and kan are good but I didnt notice them. Schmiedlova is good, but danilina cant do any damage
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 02:22 PM   #730
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
If you cant win a 10K in almaty, you cant beat anett. Im telling you, she will not lose to danilina. Chalena cant really play the red clay, flink and kan are good but I didnt notice them. Schmiedlova is good, but danilina cant do any damage
You're a lost cause We shall wait and see. However, I hope you're right.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM   #731
country flag chingching

Quote:
You're a lost cause We shall wait and see. However, I hope you're right.
I know like danilina
I hope you are joking because I like you right now. Lets not make that change
BTW, no hating on me or anett here. I have to take it everywhere else, but this is my sacred ground

Last edited by chingching : Apr 21st, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM   #732
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
I know like danilina
I hope you are joking because I like you right now. Lets not make that change
BTW, no hating on me or anett here. I have to take it everywhere else, but this is my sacred ground
Yeah, I was chaffing, didn't mean to insult you

BUT...if Anett is not going to be big someday, I won't hate her, I'll hate you
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:37 AM   #733
country flag chingching

Quote:
Yeah, I was chaffing, didn't mean to insult you

BUT...if Anett is not going to be big someday, I won't hate her, I'll hate you

The qualies are into their last round of qualifying. The draw will come out tonight in australia, I think. I hope anett gets a qualifier but lets hope its not maryna zanevska. She is 41-3 since last october
Anyway, Anett is good on clay so hopefulyy she will be able to get some points here

BTW, WTF is annelyl pokras. She keeps playing tournaments in Juniors and Qualies and is losing first round in all of them. In Vic 10K qualies, she lost to some spaniard 6-0 6-0!!!!!

Last edited by chingching : Apr 22nd, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM   #734
country flag chingching

Anett has a great draw :
1)Bibiane Schoofs (NED) v Cagla Buyukakcay (TUR)
Eva Fernandez-Brugues (ESP) v Pemra Ozgen (TUR)
(Q)Ana Savic (CRO) v (Q)Maryna Zanevska (UKR)
(7)Madalina Gojnea (ROU) v (wc)Yesmine Kharrat (TUN)

(3)Vesna Dolonts (RUS) v Ines Ferrer-Suarez (ESP)
(Q)Despina Papamichail (GRE) v (Q)Sara Sorribes Tormo (ESP)
Kristina Kucova (SVK) v (Q)Raluca Olaru (ROU)
(5)Sandra Zaniewska (POL) v Lenka Wienerova (SVK)

(6)Nastassja Burnett (ITA) v (wc)Ons Jabeur (TUN)
Conny Perrin (SUI) v (Q)Audrey Bergot (FRA)
(Q)Lesley Kerkhove (NED) v (LL)Vanda Lukacs (HUN)
(4)Anna Floris (ITA) v (Q)Marina Shamayko (RUS)

(8)Leticia Costas-Moreira (ESP) v Richel Hogenkamp (NED)
Lina Stanciute (LTU) v (JE)Anett Kontaveit (EST)
Nastja Kolar (SLO) v (wc)Yosr Elmi (TUN)
(2)Arantxa Parra-Santonja (ESP) v Elena Bogdan (ROU)

It's a shame she chose not to play doubles, there are only 8 teams so she might have made a semi or a final

Anyway, these are the players in her quarters recors recently:
Lina Stanciute:
Won all her matches at fed cup (against unranked nobodies) but lost to ons jabeur 1-6 7-6(5) 6-0. perhaps had match points and choked

Leticia Costas-Moreira:
Last played at Acapulco and had to retire against Rampre. The tournament before at Moneterrey she won a match before losing to Marossi. Her only succesful match this was a win over Edina Gallovits-Hall 6-2 6-1

Richel Hogenkamp:
Is in the better of form between her and Moreira. Has had no great results recently except this week at civitavecchia she made the quarterfinals, defeating larriere and monticone, before losing to brazilian pereira in straight sets.

Nastja Kolar:
Has come off 2 underpar performances at fed cup. No wins of note. Has a lot of potential though

Yosr Elmi:
has never won a maindraw match. Her only win came in the firat round of a 10K qualies draw. The only way she'll get through is if Kolar and then Bogdan/Parra Santonja forfeit.

Elena Bogdan:
Has won no maindraw matches this year, but has had a lot of success in doubles, has done well in WTA qualies and has lost to good players in Maindraw mainly.

Arantxa Parra Santonja:
Hasnt't really played any singles, except a few losses to good players. Her last match was first round loss to up and comer Garbine Muguruza Blanco, 3 and 3.

I think Anett has the possibility of a Semi Final with this draw, and shouldn't be underrated

Last edited by chingching : Apr 22nd, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:59 PM   #735
country flag Dan_Doe

Anett should beat Lina Stanciute and then Moreira\Hogenkamp. But Parra Santonja is hard to be defeated on clay. Kolar shouldn't be an easy one either if she makes the quarters.