Yulia Beygelzimer cheering thread - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #181
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold
Re: Yulia Beygelzimer cheering thread

It's quite surprising that Yuliya isn't ranked higher than she is. My first question would be: Does she know how good she is? She's a very good ballstriker; looks as if she's got some touch; seems comfortable at the net; she moves well. She looks like a pretty complete player to me. The only thing that I don't like is her ball toss. With it being so high, I've got a feeling that it might hurt the consistency of her serve a bit. That's a small gripe on my part though, and I don't want to take anything away from her performance out there this week. IMHO, someone that can match groundies with people like Pennetta and Cibulkova deserves to be in the Top 100 at the very least.

PS: Kudos to those of you who kept this thread alive through the years -- David heads the list. She may be a bit of an underachiever, but she definitely deserves the recognition.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 14th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #182
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

Really interesting Jason, thank you.
A French lady Celine Aubry used to run a web-site for Yuliya and got to know Yuliya, - Celine said Yuliya has struggled with her motivation on and off during her career and has lacked 'killer instinct', main theory for this being that Yuliya is a kind, polite, charming girl and somehow this has translated into her tennis. Of course you can have these qualites and still be a 'killer' on court , but not in Yuliya's case. As for her game I agree with you Jason,- on clay in particular she is very strong. I really hope this week will boost her. It should!
David Barker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #183
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Yeh, if she has struggled with her motivation on an ongoing basis, that would definitely explain why she hasn't made more of an impact. That said, it's good that she's been able to hang in there and make something of her talent. Hopefully Barcelona does give her a bit of a boost.

Now that I've seen her play and am familiar with who she is, it got me thinking about where I might have seen her name before. Antalya? And, sure enough, the site that streams some of those clay-court tourneys has got archived videos of two of her matches. So for those of you that might have missed them, here you go:

http://www.tenistv.tv/index.php?eylem=izle&id=440

http://www.tenistv.tv/index.php?eylem=izle&id=451
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #184
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Its a shame that the first time she gets in any form, she doesnt get selected for fed cup

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #185
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Weird, cause it seems to me that she was selected in February

Civitavecchia

R1 Yuliya Beygelzimer (UKR) v (wc)Claudia Giovine (ITA) 75 64

Edit: some pics

Last edited by Losing Streak : Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #186

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Yulia Beygelzimer cheering thread

Yuliya won her second round match vs nmbr 3 seed Kiki Bertens (NED) yesterday 16 63 62.
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #187

Yuliya won her QF 36 64 76(5), phew! Had a mp at 65 fs, then trailed 15 in the tie break before winning the last 6 points , great fighting!
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #188

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 09:37 AM   #189
country flag Balkanac
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice

Yuliya has hit a hot streak Now wacth her not play until the French Open
Balkanac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 11:23 AM   #190

Yuliya is listed to play an ITF in Switzerland week of April 30.....important to keep this streak as she has 100+ points to defend in May. Hoping for a kind French Open draw too:
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 05:24 PM   #191

Yuliya into the final in Civitavecchi 46 64 63. Hooray!! :
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM   #192

Win it, Yulia
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 09:10 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithnareva View Post
Win it, Yulia
Absolutely , good Luck Yuliya
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkanac View Post
Yuliya has hit a hot streak Now wacth her not play until the French Open
When I initially read this, I thought why would Yuliya not capitalise on her good form? However you may be right, Yuliya
withdrew from Chiasso thursday which starts next week, and she has also withdrawn from Cagnes sur mer the next week.
Not listed now until May 14, ITF's in Prague and St Gaudens....hope she is not injured again? Mystifying.....
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #195

Hope she's OK!