Pac 12 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 16th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #61
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
You 've got so much knowledge, but I'd say those freshman came in that way, and for this year, it is debatable result's show improvement for the player longer on the team.
Well, I've seen those Fab 4 before such as in the National, and imo they improved.

Who would've thought that Morton would beat Tsay so easily? Morton was good, but not THAT good in her junior years

Kaitlyn Ray? I think she definitely improved from her junior years.

Robin? Is this the same Robin was was outclassed by Krista last year at the National?

McCall Jones was losing to Desirae Krawczyk(I LIKE Desirae as a player a lot, mind you Just for reference) before she went to UCLA. Since entering UCLA she had some nice matches against TOP NCAA players.

IMO UCLA coaches are pretty good.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Apr 16th, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #62
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

So CAL plays AT Stanford this weekend.

CAL should 'strike while the iron is hot' (When STAN is reeling from the shock )

I like to see a different matchup in sgl #1.

Let Mal play #1, since she seems to be playing well.

Jana and Gibbsy met twice already, at NCAA semi and also NW R semi last year.

Did Mal and Jana ever meet before? Could be real interesting, no?

It's good for Stanford since Gibbsy beat Zsofi recently? so
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #63
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
You 've got so much knowledge, but I'd say those freshman came in that way, and for this year, it is debatable result's show improvement for the player longer on the team.
I think your comment is more appropriate on Stanford, not UCLA.

Now Stanford gets(or picks) the creme de la creme, no?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #64
country flag fantic

In fact, Zoe fared worse and worse against Jana, too..

10/7/2011 Riviera/ITA Women's All-American Championships Round of 16 #8 Jana Juricova #10 California Loss 6-2, 5-7, 7-6(6)

11/4/2011 USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiates Championships Round of 16 #8 Jana Juricova #10 California Loss 6-3, 6-3

4/14/2012 Dual Match Pos. #1 #8 Jana Juricova #10 California Loss 6-1, 6-0

No more 'scandals'

I think she'll need to acquire some more weapons during the off-season..

Can she at least serve better, for now..?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #65
country flag fantic

from UCLA website;

"The only thing up in the air is figuring out which team will get the Pac-12's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. Assuming UCLA beats USC, the Bruins will get the automatic bid if Stanford downs Cal on Saturday. The only way UCLA will not get the automatic bid with a win is if Cal wins. The Bears own the head-to-head over UCLA by virtue of a 4-3 win in Berkeley on April 13."

"Speaking of Ray, she won her 26th straight match against the Cardinal, improving to 29-2 overall and 21-0 in dual matches. She is tied for the team lead in singles wins with Anderson, who is 29-6 overall."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 02:35 AM   #66
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

USC women take out No. 1 UCLA 4-0

Congrats fantic
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 03:23 AM   #67
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post

Congrats fantic
I guess the UCLA men's team beating USC makes it even.

I'm a UCLA fan. I have to give props to the USC girls for showing up today to play. Hopefully UCLA bounces back strong!
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 03:24 AM   #68
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

6-1 UCLA's only win came at #5 with Van Nguyen beating De Simone.

Great win for USC. Scandalis scandalizing Anderson in straights
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 05:43 AM   #69
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I guess the UCLA men's team beating USC makes it even.

I'm a UCLA fan. I have to give props to the USC girls for showing up today to play. Hopefully UCLA bounces back strong!
Glad to meet a UCLA fan here! UCLA is definitely the team of the year, blanking Duke and defeating STAN at Taube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post

Congrats fantic
Thank you dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
6-1 UCLA's only win came at #5 with Van Nguyen beating De Simone.

Great win for USC. Scandalis scandalizing Anderson in straights
And that sole win was in 3.

And, 'Scandal' is not over
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Apr 21st, 2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:07 AM   #70
country flag fantic

Don't you LOVE upsets, the prime reason why we enjoy sports!

Let's finish the 'upset week', Bears!
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:17 AM   #71
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Don't you LOVE upsets, the prime reason why we enjoy sports!

Let's finish the 'upset week', Bears!
No more upsets! Let's go Card!

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:50 AM   #72
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
No more upsets! Let's go Card!
are you going there tomorrow? Can we expect another high quality photo of Gibbsy (whining)?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Apr 21st, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:59 AM   #73
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

fantic, who is that maya girl on the team? i knew the coach went to israel and i guess recruited her? I've seen her on some of the girls facebooks but I don't know who she is does she play?

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 07:23 AM   #74
country flag fantic

'maya girl'? I think she's a medical girl (what's the proper name, can't remember ) she massaged KK's back after her win

Oh and the Israel girl is now playing at Miami, Zimmerman
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 07:32 AM   #75
country flag fantic

so I have to root for coach Gallien's alma mater Pepperdine tomorrow, so can't watch CAL at STAN, I expect a match report from 'Amal and Co.'
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles