Zvonareva Olympic hopes in danger? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #16
country flag Pvt. Kovalenko

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of
Re: Zvonareva Olympic hopes in danger?

She withdrew from the semifinals of the Fed Cup because of injury to the shoulder. Looks like she asked to Tarpishev, to do this. And already said will do the same for the Olympics, if she's not feeling 100%.

Independent of this, what a "nice work" Tarpishev is doing right now, putting this kind of pressure over her

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Sorana Cirstea / Petra Kvitova

Anastasia Myskina / Maria Sharapova / Elena Dementieva
Pvt. Kovalenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #17
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by profesorakittens View Post
The bigger question for me is if Sveta is willing to pair up with Vera. Their road to the AO doubles title had some tension as Sveta was doing a lot of the work, and IIRC, Sveta wasn't too happy with Vera's play during those two weeks.
Well they played Indian Wells & Miami together (albeit unsuccessfully) so I don't think that's much of an issue.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:23 AM   #18
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Kovalenko View Post
She withdrew from the semifinals of the Fed Cup because of injury to the shoulder. Looks like she asked to Tarpishev, to do this. And already said will do the same for the Olympics, if she's not feeling 100%.

Independent of this, what a "nice work" Tarpishev is doing right now, putting this kind of pressure over her
She can't go in London as a tourist. If she is not ready,she should leave the place for another girl. It's Olympics and russian fans will not justify her withdrawal in first round. All her matches i saw this year were pathetic without any sign of improvement Tarpishev is responsible for the result in London and he can not afford sending not ready player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #19
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

How many players per country for singles?
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:47 AM   #20
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
How many players per country for singles?
4 players, for doubles +2 more

you can check all details below
http://2012.itftennis.com/media/80030/80030.pdf

Last edited by NashaMasha : Apr 13th, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #21
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jamierbelyea View Post
Vera and Kuzzy virtually assured themselves a spot by winning Melbourne in my opinion. With Kirilenko/Petrova winning in Miami it seems unlikely they'd split them up, in favor of putting Vesnina in when both teams seem to be clicking right now.
Whilst that is true, doesn't beimg top 10 in doubles guarantee selection providing a partner is available and it won't push the number of representatives above 6.
However, this may seem irrelevant as I fully expect Nadia to be top 10 in doubles after the clay season.
In which case Kiri/Petrova it is.

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #22
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeh37 View Post
Whilst that is true, doesn't beimg top 10 in doubles guarantee selection providing a partner is available and it won't push the number of representatives above 6.
However, this may seem irrelevant as I fully expect Nadia to be top 10 in doubles after the clay season.
In which case Kiri/Petrova it is.
No, limit is 6 , 7 players can be from 1 country only with WC , but when ITF will be giving WC they will pay attention to the number of players from each country , thus it is almost impossible
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #23
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by profesorakittens View Post
The bigger question for me is if Sveta is willing to pair up with Vera. Their road to the AO doubles title had some tension as Sveta was doing a lot of the work, and IIRC, Sveta wasn't too happy with Vera's play during those two weeks.
Don´t need to be friends or speak to each other to win Olympic gold, even if they are not exactly as talented as Becker and Stich.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #24
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

She deserves to go, already has a bronze and reached Wimbledon F. Would be stupid to send someone else. Sharapova, Kirilenko and Zvonareva are locks IMO.

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60 LAUREN DAVIS 60 76
CAMILA GIORGI 46 63 75 BOJANA JOVANOVSKI 63 36 75 VENUS WILLIAMS 64 76
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 62 62 EKATERINA MAKAROVA 64 62 ANA IVANOVIC 63 64
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #25
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Like I have been saying Zvonareva has some sort of injury that doesn´t allow her to put any weight onto her shots, whether it´s shoulder or hip. It has been pretty obvious for a while and she is just trying to get through to the Olympics (most likely for Doubles at this point). But she cannot even compete on clay, when she is healthy. I don´t like her chances, when it comes down to Top 10 or she is out. It´s probably going to be Sharapova, Kirilenko, Petrova and Kuznetsova, mainly for the Doubles and Mixed competitions.
Yeah, I feel bad for her. She was so close to being no. 1 just over a year ago and now is not even a factor. Seems resigned to her losses as well, so it must be an injury.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #26
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, what has Pavlyuchenkova done that Zvonareva hasn't? She made the USO QF as well, and at least won some matches recently (and even made the YEC SF) unlike Pavlyuchenkova.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #27
country flag mistymore

mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of

Isnt each country allowed 2 doubles team. She would make it for doubles even if she doesnt for singles.
mistymore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #28
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
She deserves to go, already has a bronze and reached Wimbledon F. Would be stupid to send someone else. Sharapova, Kirilenko and Zvonareva are locks IMO.
she will deserve only if she reaches QF of any Rome/Madrid/RG , otherwise she will go to London to make photos of Big Ben and St Paul's Cathedral

Quote:
Isnt each country allowed 2 doubles team. She would make it for doubles even if she doesnt for singles.
i guess so either
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #29
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova and Kirilenko are the only locks, along with Petrova for the doubles. Makarova could prove a wise choice on the big OG stage. However, singles wise the remaining two spots will be filled by a risk regardless. Its not like any of the others have even hinted at doing well.

Masha - Singles
Kiri - Singles & Doubles
Makarova - Singles
Petrova - Doubles
Sveta - Doubles
Zvonareva - Doubles

Additional Singles would be between Sveta & Vera.
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #30
country flag mistymore

mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1_and_uh_noone View Post
Anyway, what has Pavlyuchenkova done that Zvonareva hasn't? She made the USO QF as well, and at least won some matches recently (and even made the YEC SF) unlike Pavlyuchenkova.
Yeah it would be biased to have Pavlyuchenkova play over Zvonareva, even in singles. Unless her rank is higher by then which seems unlikely.
mistymore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote