Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Page 297 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #4441
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

She does better in tournaments with strong fields she will probs go out in round 1 because she expects to win the title...but then again she has Biljana now, so who knows. It'd be nice because then she'd defend her Madrid points and get close to top 20.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #4442
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Now's a good a time as ever for Lucie to score some Fed Cup wins, especially considering they'll be playing on hard at home and she has good records against the Italians.

Supposedly Lucie is playing in Stuttgart as she's been bumped to the maindraw, Stuttgart being faster clay will hopefully mean the transition won't be too bad after her Fed Cup exploits.
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #4443
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Playing Stuttgart too? That's quite a lot of tournaments but could work to her advantage as she is sitting at number 22 in the rankings with last years Stuttgart points off. She really could try to aim for that career high rank before Madrid points come off. A couple wins in Stuttgart followed by a good performance in Budapest could do it.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #4444
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Madrid points come off during the week of Budapest, so she really only has the Stuttgart week to gain a place or two and get her career high. Anyway, I'm just happy that with Madrid points coming off she won't rocket down the rankings And I also hope with all the surface changes and playing she doesn't get injured, because that's always possible with her.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #4445
country flag Davodus

This is nice:

CHARLESTON, SC, USA - Lucie Safarova had a phenomenal week at the Family Circle Cup, reaching her third Premier final and moving up to No.23 afterwards, one spot away from her career-high No.22. She also won her first WTA doubles title, alongside Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.

The Czech lefty spoke to the Charleston press afterwards...

On the singles final against Serena Williams...
"Serena was really on her game. She was killing everything. She's a champion, a really great player, and she deserved to win today. She was just better."

On the vocal support her coach, Biljana Veselinovic, during the final...
"Of course it helps to have that support. She's half of my team, and she's always there with me. She knows how I'm feeling. We make some plans before the match and I try to apply it, and if it doesn't work, like today with Serena, she's positive and just tells me to keep trying it. Sometimes the other player is better and you cannot do anything about it - but you will get another opportunity in a few weeks and try it again. That's one of the good things about tennis."

On the time in between the singles and doubles finals...
"I just showered, changed, ate something and then was going on the court!"

On winning her first WTA doubles title...
"It's amazing. We played our first tournament together in Miami as wildcards, and we did the quarters there. Here we got a second wildcard and we won it. So it's just amazing. I like to play doubles, I really enjoy it, and it seems Nastia and I really fit as partners together. It has been a great experience."

On how she had such a good week in Charleston...
"I picked up the clay very quickly. I like green clay. It's something between red clay and hardcourt - it's clay, but it's faster. I had a pretty good level at the tournaments before, so when I came here I felt really good. And I'm very happy the way I played here. Sometimes you can win and still not be playing well, but here I felt I was playing very well in the matches."

On her schedule going forward...
"Next I have Fed Cup in the Czech Republic, at home. But I'll go home and spend some time with my family before playing Fed Cup."

On getting to the Top 20...
"It was always the first goal since I started practicing with Biljana. Last year we set the goal of Top 20, and I ended up Top 25, Top 26. So we postponed it until this year! It's nice to be so close now. It's even more motivating for me.

"I will do my best to reach it."

http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...739358,00.html

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #4446
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
Madrid points come off during the week of Budapest, so she really only has the Stuttgart week to gain a place or two and get her career high. Anyway, I'm just happy that with Madrid points coming off she won't rocket down the rankings And I also hope with all the surface changes and playing she doesn't get injured, because that's always possible with her.
Man! you're such a ''Debbie Downer''

Thanks for the interview

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #4447
country flag Davodus

Thats just being realistic she injures her hamstrings/thighs all the time when she plays too much, so I hope it doesn't happen, but it is always a possibility

Old Apr 19th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #4448
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
Thats just being realistic she injures her hamstrings/thighs all the time when she plays too much, so I hope it doesn't happen, but it is always a possibility
I think the hamstring problem was a concern before she hooked up with Biljana and she was much slighter. Since then she's gotten much stronger and fitter and I don't think it's such an issue now. But of course, you never know what might happen.

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #4449
country flag Davodus

Well she had a problem with it from Brisbane until at least RG last year after a huge training block with Biljana...I think it's always gonna be a possibility for her as a problem, I think they just manage her schedule better since she got over that injury last year..but this isn't the best schedule for your big leg muscles, with all the surface changes. So hopefully she just keeps it in check and doesnt push it too hard if she feels a problem.

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM   #4450
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

She will face LI Na in fisrt round of Stuttgart

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 12:34 AM   #4451
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Good win Lucie!!!!! She likes playing Schiavone it seems. It will be tough to go to Stuttgart and immediately playing Li Na though.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 01:36 AM   #4452
country flag Davodus

Li Na is a tough draw, given she is defending RG champ hopefully she plays bad. But any opponent here was gonna be tough, and going from fast hard to clay isn't gonna be easy so whatever happens.

But it was nice to see her tough out that first set against Schiavone and then run away with it...hopefully now Kvitova just wraps it up and they get an easy win

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 02:12 AM   #4453
country flag Yellow Moon

Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of

not to mention she was lagging behind in the first set, yet managed to turn it around, big way
Yellow Moon is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:32 AM   #4454
country flag Davodus

Well she was up a break all set to 5-3 and she choked but it was good to save 3 SPs and then actually play a really great TB with some great winners and good points

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #4455
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread