Anett Kontaveit - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #646
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Btw I have been to Sibiu, when it was Capitol of culture
I haven't been in Sibiu when it was the capital of culture to be honest
I'm only studying here, so spending much more time here than home.

Did you like it?
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #647
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Another good win for Anett, really happy for her! But the next opponent is quite tough, Annika Beck has played in three 25k finals this year already and the few losses have been to top 200 players only.
Anyway, now Anett's ranking goes up to 485 or so and by the end of April she has a realistic chance to aim for top 400 if she gets at least some wins in Tunis and Chiasso.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #648
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

So Anett lost after her serve totally disappeared. Well, I actually did not believe she'd win anyway, but after that first set my hopes went up of course. Too bad about the bagel though, that is now her second during a short period of time

Next up Tunis and onto clay. Interesting to see what she can produce there.
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #649
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett lost 46 63 60. She was leading 64 33 Game point when everything fell apart (she got nroken the last 7 service games of the match )

First, Dan Doe, I did like Sibiu. It was a beautiful eritage town, my second favourite place in Romania behind Sinaia, a ski resort near Brasov. It was much nicer than Arad and timisiora was nice but not as nice. Second, I think that Anett has to think of a better schedule after her loss to Annika today. I think its great that she is trying the big stae as she is more than capable but I think she has to cut out what shes doing with playingg ridiculously hard 25ks. She can get the seame experience playing easier WTAs or 50-100ks. I mean if she makes QF at tunis and chiasso that would be an achievement, and she would only gain 28 ranking points and about 1000 in cash. if she played for example Bastad and Baku, she could make the maindraw and maybe win a round, putting her ranking points at around 50 and prize money at around 3000. I think its good she want to play hard opponents, it does nothing but good, but if you are only allowed 12 a year, you should try and make the most out of them you can.

A schedule for example could be:
Australia G1
Australian Open
Fed Cup
10K Tallinn
25K Bath
WTA Copenhagen
25K Tunis
25K Chiasso
Trofeo Bonfiglio
French Open
25K Kristinehamm
25K Ystad
Wimbledon
WTA Bastad
WTA Baku

Thats a start and if she played those tournaments she could easily be top 250 by the end of the year. n Baku, a WTA 2nd round or QF is almost on the cards given last years draw and you cant really expect this years to be any better
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #650
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Just a comment her on Diana Marcinkevica, how badly must anett have played to have lost so badly!!!! Diana just lost 2nd round of a 10k in coratia to someone just inside the top 800 in straight sets. She also lost to belinda bencic, a swiss junior this year in straight sets and she lost to clothile de bernardi in amiens 60 64 who anett beat 1 and 3 in stockholm. That loss simply puzzles me.
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #651
country flag muusa

http://sport.delfi.ee/news/tennis/ee....d?id=64224331

Some comments from her coach Märten Tamla. Says that Anett was a bit tired from the previous matches (and that caused the problems on serve) and that game point she had in the second set on 3-3 was about 3-4cm out. Says that the tournament overall was a positive experience of course.
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #652
country flag muusa

Quote:
Just a comment her on Diana Marcinkevica, how badly must anett have played to have lost so badly!!!! Diana just lost 2nd round of a 10k in coratia to someone just inside the top 800 in straight sets. She also lost to belinda bencic, a swiss junior this year in straight sets and she lost to clothile de bernardi in amiens 60 64 who anett beat 1 and 3 in stockholm. That loss simply puzzles me.
Yea, it is a real mystery. Not the general fact that she lost, but how she lost. Anett must have had a really really bad day.
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #653
country flag chingching

These are 2 points from her vs. mladenovic
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #654
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
http://sport.delfi.ee/news/tennis/ee....d?id=64224331

Some comments from her coach Märten Tamla. Says that Anett was a bit tired from the previous matches (and that caused the problems on serve) and that game point she had in the second set on 3-3 was about 3-4cm out. Says that the tournament overall was a positive experience of course.
If only she held
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #655
country flag chingching

Anett updated her facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/anettkontaveit.tennis
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #656
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Tamla said about the loss to Marcinkevica that he doesn't make a big deal out of it, Diana just had a super day (also admitted herself after the match).

The match against Mladenovic had been tough. Anett was serving very well, and had better movement, so when she was able to keep the ball in play, the points went her way.

in Estonian: http://ohtuleht.ee/472039
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #657
country flag chingching

Yeah, I guess it was just out of the blue. It still shocks me though. Anyway, why didnt anett say she would play copenhagen???
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #658
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
typical junior results, btw, Diana is definitely not that bad
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #659
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe no one asked her?

Probably they didn't know if they'd get the WC (she/her coach talked about the schedule sometime in January/February if I recall). It's not like they give weekly updates in the press/somewhere else about what's new
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #660
country flag chingching

So does anyone think that Anett will play any more Wtas this year. I think that she should play at least 1 more as she was unlucky to get annika and she was unlucky not to win. I think she could have beaten all of the qualifiers on her day