2012 Kim News - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 25th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #61
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future
Re: 2012 Kim News

Kim reveals her clay schedule.

Y. WICKMAYER/K. Clijsters
6 4, 7 6
An interview with:
KIM CLIJSTERS

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Can you talk about just what happened out there today? Seemed like you were having a tough time consistency off the ground, from what I could tell.
KIM CLIJSTERS: Yeah. I think the conclusion of the match today is that, you know, she, you know, definitely started off much better and was more consistent throughout, you know, the two sets, um, and I wasn't.
So, you know, still it was close. So, you know, it's in a way a little bit frustrating knowing that, you know, playing maybe not even 50% but still being that close is you know, on one hand, you're like, Ah, I could have beaten her, you know, with the way that I was playing and feeling, but she played good.
I mean, she served well, you know. But I did feel she was getting nervous to finish off the match as well, so I had a few opportunities there to get back into it and maybe win that second set.

Q. Is there anything in particular about the slow start? Was it that she got off fast and you're trying to catch up? Was there anything in particular?
KIM CLIJSTERS: Yeah, I think throughout the tournament I, um, I felt like, you know, playing outdoors again I have to get used to, you know, playing my matches again. In the beginning of the match I felt like I really had to find my rhythm, and she did that really well.
I mean, she came out and was playing really aggressively, was playing well, and, um, yeah, so she was, you know, better today.

Q. Sounds like you're chalking a lot of this up to lack of match play; is that fair to say?
KIM CLIJSTERS: I don't know. I mean, this is the way I have been playing these last few years since I came back.
So, um, you know, maybe a short period of playing outdoors again, it definitely took me a little bit longer to get used to it again.
I felt like today's warmup and yesterday's practice, I felt like I was starting to move better ask hit the ball better.
So too bad it just didn't work out in the match.

Q. What's your schedule like from now to the French Open?
KIM CLIJSTERS: Um, I'm scheduled to play Madrid and Rome, and then I'm gonna go probably a week practice somewhere on clay, maybe in Spain or somewhere, so...

Q. (No microphone.)
KIM CLIJSTERS: Yeah. I'm a little allergic to clay. No.

Q. It seemed a little bit warmer out today. Did that have any impact on how you were moving?
KIM CLIJSTERS: No. I enjoy playing in these kind of circumstances. I think it brings another challenge to the table, and it's you know, I know physically I worked harder in the last six months than I ever have, you know, so it's you know, to be ready in these kind of circumstances.
In Australia against Azarenka, the third set, you know, those are you need to be ready for that. It is a little bit more humid, I think. But, you know, that comes down to a few details here and there where you have to make sure that you've had enough fluids. Not just the day off, but leading up, the weeks before, it's really important to take care of what's ahead, and prevention wise, as well.

Q. So access to outdoor courts has been an issue for you? You're training Belgium? Is there anything you can do before Madrid and Rome outdoor to prepare for that?
KIM CLIJSTERS: Well, I'll be you know, the clay courts will open up in Belgium. Like I said, I'm going to be practicing on clay in a little bit of a warmer climate, I think.
Yeah, so just to get used to that a little bit again and to get used to the warmer climate and, you know, give yourself a good week of practice where you don't have to worry about is it going to rain, do I have to go indoors on hard court or not.
This is what my life is now. Our daughter goes to school. You know, I practice at home. I like being there.
Yeah, so...
I'm not gonna change (smiling).

Q. You're not just someone who can pick up and train in Florida like a lot of players do?
KIM CLIJSTERS:
No. No, I mean, that's not you know, my husband's side of the family, we live in New Jersey there, you know, so it's important for us to see our family.
So we wouldn't like to go to a place just because the climate is better and to, you know...
It's important to we love living where we live in Belgium and we love where we are in the States. So there is a good balance there.
So, yeah, there's no moving to Florida or anywhere else.

Q. Can you talk about how do you feel about Victoria's run this year? Are you surprised she's still unbeatable until today?
KIM CLIJSTERS:
Am I surprised? No. I was actually more surprised in the past that she wasn't able to, maybe not have this good of a run, but to you know, because she was a great player already in the past, but mentally she was, you know, so up and down. She was able to just go off during matches.
That has been, for me, the biggest change that I see in her. Okay, she's become a little bit of a better mover, but she's still the great ball striker that she's always been.
I think mentally she's just made the biggest change in having that extra confidence. You see that, you know, from the minute she walks out on court to when she steps off is there is a confidence that comes also through winning.
But she had matches in the past or tournaments where she's beaten some really good players, but then she would get down on herself or really disappointed against other top players. You don't see that anymore. I think she's matured in a way out on court.

Thank You, Kim

Last edited by Robert-KimClijst : Mar 25th, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #62
country flag Sarah<Kim-fan>

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute

nothing at all about an injury?
maybe then it was just a complete off day? (like the AO Petrova match?) strange...

good to hear she plans to play 2 tournaments prior to RG and a practice week in Spain, sounds like a good preparation...
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #63

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute

Bob Verbeeck saying Kim has a hip injury now. They did some exams in Miami and it's more or less the same problem she had in Brisbane. She has to rest but normally she will be able to play Madrid, with the golden hands of Sam (Madrid starts May 5th)

He doesn't kjnow about the rumours there is also another injury. Carl and Sam are on their way home. Kim is going to New Jersey to stay with her in laws for a week.
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #64
country flag Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute

Well it makes sense, does it? This woman knows how to play tennis so there is no way that she all of a sudden did not know anymore how to play tennis. If the body is healthy she is the best player on the women's tour right now. Unfortunately it has been a while since the body was healthy.
Does anyone know if she is still wearing her mouthpiece. Because I think that that made a huge difference and really helped her to get rid of all these small injuries. I would find it a pity is she no longer uses it.
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #65

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Dewulf Filip tweeted: Kim Clijsters will play Unicef Open Rosmalen in preparation for Wimbledon. #norumorthistime :-)

Also...

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...?articleid=170

Clijsters to miss four weeks with hip injury
AP - Wednesday, March 28, 2012

BRUSSELS (AP)—Kim Clijsters has a torn hip muscle and will need four weeks off the tour.

A statement from her management company on Wednesday said she’d been troubled with hip pains during the Sony Ericsson Open over the weekend in Key Biscayne, Fla. She lost to Belgian compatriot Yanina Wickmayer in straight sets.

Tests show “a small torn muscle” in her right hip, the statement said. She hopes to be back for the Madrid Open, which starts May 5.

Clijsters has said she plans to retire after the summer, highlighting her year with an appearance at the London Olympics.

Thank You, Kim
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #66

read somewhere she hurt her hip at the end of the warm up vs Wickmayer...
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 04:23 AM   #67
country flag toyec1

toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice

Hey, could somebody please tell me how I could get her autograph? Other than buying it (e.g. writing to her). I want an actual autograph (not printed).
Will she be at next year's Australian Open for some exhibtion?
toyec1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #68
country flag nicky

nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future

Kim skips the clay season! Hip injury is healing too slowly, and she can't get properly prepared.

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/tenni...jsters_geen_RG

Kim Clijsters has decided to skip the clay season. Rehabilitation of the hip injury is going slower as expected, and therefor she skips the Madrid and RG tournaments.
Kim Clijsters will only be able to resume tennistraining in a couple of weeks, and so she wil not play during the clay season. She focusses on the grass season, and wants to start again in Rosmalen (june 17th). After that Wimbledon and the olypic games are on her program. "It's a terrible pity I will not be able to prove myself one last time on clay", Clijsters says, "but my current physical condition does not allow me to be optimally prepared for RG." "Though I do look forward to planning a prolonged preparation for the unique grass court season with Wimbledon and the Olympic games as main goals."
nicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #69

so I definetely won't see her at RG...

maybe for the best, she'll be fresh for Wimbledon and Olympics, but of course also no match rythm... pff let's just hope the injury heals properly so she can at least play a couple of more tournaments at her top level!
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #70

I just want the injuries to be gone... Let her have one last injury-free tournament. Ugh. That's all I want. To see Kim get to go out on her own terms and show some of her best tennis before the end.

Hopefully she gets a lot of matches in at Rosmalen because the next two tournaments are the two biggest for her this year... I don't see her winning Wimbledon (though you never know) but she can definitely medal at the Olympics.

Thank You, Kim
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #71
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Smart decision in my opinion, despite the fact that I really wanted her to play another RG. Oh well
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #72
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

So gutted that she won't play RG probably for the best. Only she & her team knows her body best. Over the last few years she and red clay haven't been the best of friends

Ah well grass season & Olympics here we come
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #73
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #74
country flag toyec1

toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice

What are the chances of Kim playing next year! I hope she does!
toyec1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #75

She is definitely quitting at the end of this year. Her body can barely make it through this season, let alone two.

On her website it says: "Kim's recovery from a hip injury is taking more time than expected. Kim will only be able to resume her training sessions in three weeks time." So I guess she could have competed at Roland Garros but with very limited preparation which (as seen by last year) is futile. Best decision I think to skip the clay season if she cannot prepare properly for it.

My big question is: will Wimbledon seed her, and if so what will she be seeded?

Thank You, Kim

Last edited by Robert-KimClijst : Apr 18th, 2012 at 09:04 PM.