Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 77 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #1141
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

I think of a lot of positives. Especially the mental toughness it takes to serve out both sets.
Another positive is that if she can hold serve like that, she can become a contender on grass.
I wasnt even thinking Wimbledon & Olympics the way she was playing before this match, but now I want to see her serve against Maria.
Holding serve makes you a threat everywhere, especially grass
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #1142
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy for Caro. What a win. Amazing. She must be so thrilled. It's actually another one on the list of things that "Caro will never do" that we can strike off. When Sereana was coming back at her in the 2nd set after Caro was 5-1 up - that was nerve racking. It was please please Caro do it. And she did it. Was it on the 2nd match point?

Now please beat Sharpie.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #1143
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Kinda like Caroline in her USO match last year against Serena.
Ha ha you beat me too it. I read that "only played at 20% comment" by Serena this morning and that's exactly what I immediately thought. But I haven't been able to come here and read or post on this forum until now.

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #1144
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I am so happy for Caro. What a win. Amazing. She must be so thrilled. It's actually another one on the list of things that "Caro will never do" that we can strike off. When Sereana was coming back at her in the 2nd set after Caro was 5-1 up - that was nerve racking. It was please please Caro do it. And she did it. Was it on the 2nd match point?

Now please beat Sharpie.
No, I think she only needed one.
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #1145
country flag terjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
No, I think she only needed one.
Even better. I had gone to bed drifting in and out of sleep but had my laptop beside me with just livescores - not watching a stream. Combination of really needing the sleep and nerves why I wasn't a good fan and glued to following what was going on closely.

Old Mar 29th, 2012, 06:24 AM   #1146
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

She won set 1 on first SP, won the match on first MP and broke in every game she had BPs!

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Mar 29th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
C. W. Fields is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #1147
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

No disrespect meant to the remaining players,but I'd say that SW was the most daunting foe left in the draw for Caroline.With that obstacle finally overcome,Miami is realistically winnable

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #1148
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
No disrespect meant to the remaining players,but I'd say that SW was the most daunting foe left in the draw for Caroline.With that obstacle finally overcome,Miami is realistically winnable
Yep, she was won against every other player left, If she can beat Sharapova I'm not too worried about the final.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #1149
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
She won set 1 on first SP, won the match on first MP and broke in every game she had BPs!
I apologise in advance if anyone finds the following inappropriate but when Caroline has statistics like that it gives me an erection.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 07:20 AM   #1150
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline is the first match at 1:00pm local time. Weird, the official tournament site is slower to update than the WTA site.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Stadium (from 13.00hrs)
1. Caroline Wozniacki vs. Maria Sharapova
2. ATP: Mónaco vs. Fish (NB 15.00hrs)
3. ATP: Bryan/Bryan vs. Paes/Stepanek
4. ATP: Djokovic vs. Ferrer (NB 19.00hrs)
5. Marion Bartoli vs. Agnieszka Radwanska (NB 21.00hrs)

Old Mar 29th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #1151
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, dodged a bullet there. I have to catch a train at six in the morning tomorrow so the night match would have really messed me up

Good luck girl

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #1152
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

I might not miss this then!

Just a little worried about this being a day match. Doesn't she usually perform better against the top players in evening matches?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #1153
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
I might not miss this then!

Just a little worried about this being a day match. Doesn't she usually perform better against the top players in evening matches?
I forget, what time of day was the 2010 US Open match against Maria? Late afternoon? I think most players prefer to play at night so she should be fine.

Old Mar 29th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1154
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I forget, what time of day was the 2010 US Open match against Maria? Late afternoon? I think most players prefer to play at night so she should be fine.
It started about 4 pm New York time.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #1155
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a few thoughts on Caro's match against Serena:

I thought Caro hit her backhand very well. The forehand was solid/good but was too loopy/top spinny at times and landed too short on some occasions.

Caro's 1st serve was very good but not quite enough of them went in (59% 1st serve in %). It needs to be a bit higher, maybe 65% against Sharapova seeing as Caro's 2nd serve was poor/mediocre (they tended to be slow & or short)

I thought Caro's return of Serena's 1st serve was mediocre with a lot of returns landing short (service line or so) and not pressuring her but her return of Serena's 2nd serve was pretty good as she was able to pressure Serena and put her on the defensive. That 1st serve return particularly of big 1st serves needs some work.

Caro moved very well getting back a lot of powerful shots.

Caro's mental game was pretty good as she generally took her chances.

I liked the more aggresive play from Caro. There were some times that I thought she should have redirected the ball/pulled the trigger a lot sooner though.

Overall, it was a very good match.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread