Mona Barthel - Page 189 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #2821
country flag zenko

zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice
Re: Mona Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
Really? I think just the opposit. She has won mostly every time she was the favorit player. If she had not played against Vika every tournament, she would have been some more victories now. No fighting spirit? What player do you mean? Definitely not Mona
What about the match against Wickmayer in Paris?Yeah, there was fighting spirit but on Yanina's side.) Mona has to take a lesson how to develope a fighting spirit from Andrea. Nowadays due to her health problems Andrea has nothing to do and will be glad become a Mona's teacher
zenko is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #2822
country flag zenko

zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice zenko is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mrs. B* View Post
I think I kinda understand the point but then again I don't. I mean if we talk about fighting spirit, just think of the previous match against Vika.
First of all Mona didnt want to lose third mach in a row against Vika, besides Vika may be had a virus and it was first macht in the tournament, so no such a big motivation to play for Vika.
zenko is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #2823
country flag .TheGroke.
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

.TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute .TheGroke. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, she didn't want to lose three times in a row and that's why she fought as good she could.

No one is unbeatable, anyone can have a bad day when they just can't win. Who knows what was the deal with Mona today?! Maybe she was sick. Can't say. I'm sure she still did the best she could.
I'm not saying Mona wouldn't need to work on that aspect but she definitely has fighting spirit.
.TheGroke. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #2824
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has disabled reputation

omg -she lost a match, no Drama
she is young, it´s her first real year on WTA-Tour, and so it´s just normal to have good and bad matches.
and maybe Makarova was just better today.
Maingoal should be to reach RG seeding, and thats still possible.
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #2825
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

First weak tournament this year, but not the end of the world. She won't get into Top 20 in a flash, as some might think.
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #2826
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

The bright side is, now she has something that she can do better in the next year in Miami
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #2827
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Some people in here
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #2828
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I disagree on her supposed lacking of fighting spirit. Because she is very calm doesn't mean that she is not fighting. On the contrary, she is very cool-headed, always überfocused and I think it's definitely a plus. She's not wasting energy stupidly, overcelebrating on every earnt point and being uncollected. She seems to be learning with every match, as she's been improving constantly.
Keep going, Mona.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #2829
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Yea, I'm very surprised and also sad, that Mona lost to Makarova

But the reality is, this is the first season of Mona on the wta-tour therefore these things need to happen, because she must somehow gain experience
it will be nice yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84
The bright side is, now she has something that she can do better in the next year in Miami
absolutely right! and defending the victory would be a good stress
silesia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #2830
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

From a German report:

Quote:
I didn't feel so well (physically), and she has played very well and confidently, moved me around a lot.
http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/...d19348736.html

Last edited by CillyUltra : Mar 24th, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #2831
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Mir ist zu Ohren gekommen, dass sie leicht am Fuß verletzt aus dem Jankovic match herauskam und deshalb nicht ganz fit war gegen Makarova, zu schade und einfach Pech.

Gute Besserung Mona
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #2832
country flag davidwatts

davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice davidwatts is just really nice

http://www.mona-barthel.de/:

"I lost today against Makarova. She played really well, made few own mistakes. Unfortunately I didn't feel physically well and so I wasn't able to play my best tennis."

"Ich habe heute gegen Makarova verloren. Sie hat sehr gut gespielt, wenig Fehler gemacht und mich viel laufen lassen. Leider war ich heute körperlich nicht ganz fit und konnte nicht mein bestes Tennis spielen."
davidwatts is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #2833
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I also had the feeling that she wasn´t 100% fit, as there was a longer break at 1-5 in 1st set, now I am quite sure that he had a medical timeout there, I am sure that also bothered her a bit but probably isn´t too serious as she weren´t forced to retire!
And as I said before, Makarova was beatable for sure but also no drama to lose against her, she still is playing an amazing year so far.
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #2834
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Not to forget, it`s Mona`s first year that she plays on the WTA tour.
New surroundings, better opponents, she somehow breaks new ground.
Leaving beside physical problems, she`s no high flyer or machine and just can smash all her opponents in a row.
Mona performances and improvements this year were great, so imo there`s no need be impatient with her.

Last edited by joy division : Mar 26th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #2835
country flag dolffanog

dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all dolffanog is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenko View Post
Mona's play is unstable. She can win against Jankovich and then loose to a player situeted below her in the ranking. If everything goes ok she wins a match if not she isnt capable to fight against all odds. That's what I like in Andrea Petkovich that's what lacks Mona - fighting spirit, to hope, to fight to the last point even if she has a bad day.
what a load of crap!
dolffanog is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread