Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux! - Page 75 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #1111
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of
Re: Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
I'm still proud though. We're now talking about what Maria needs to do to beat the #1 and no longer crying about losses to #99999.
Yup. Baby steps. We'll be there.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #1112
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Who else thought Azarenka's antics after she won was a disgrace? Maria is worth more than a million of her in my eyes.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #1113
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Who else thought Azarenka's antics after she won was a disgrace? Maria is worth more than a million of her in my eyes.

"This is my home!"
kiiiiiiind of blows any case we got against other players' post match antics, though....
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1114
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

It's a very good result nonethless! One year ago we would've never thought that Maria could have been in such a position again! Let's hope she can surprise us and improve once more!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #1115
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post

"This is my home!"
kiiiiiiind of blows any case we got against other players' post match antics, though....
Really? I don't think so coz it twaz an isolated incident as opposed to a routine display of heightened arrogance, that is, assuming you don't consider blowing kisses to the crow followed by a mild fistpump arrogant now.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #1116

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Really? I don't think so coz it twaz an isolated incident as opposed to a routine display of heightened arrogance, that is, assuming you don't consider blowing kisses to the crow followed by a mild fistpump arrogant now.

Isolated incident or not, it was arrogant, rude, uncalled for, unnecessary and I hated it! Like, WTF was she thinking?
It's a severe dent in Masha's armour of elegance, grace and class that will not be overlooked by Vikatards...
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #1117
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
I don't understand her fluke returns on Vika's 90 MPH firsts. It's gross. What's next? Getting aced by Aga? Oh, wait...

Anyway, at least this wasn't as bad as AO. (Although, Maria has been trying to tell us that she was mentally unprepared for that AO final. Just can't say it in those words because she's supposedly ~mentally strong~ ) Aside from better returning, I honestly can't figure out what she can do to get over this Vika hump. Take even more risks? She can't finish at net because Vika can get pace on everything. So, go down the line more then close at net? Grow some balls and stop being Vika's b*tch?

I love this little bit she said after the final:
“I still don't think I was as aggressive as I should be, as I can be. I think that's the key really right now. But, yeah, it's okay. I mean, we're gonna play against each other a few more times, so I'll have time to change that.”
She's the one assuring everyone that it's okay. God bless you, Maria.
Train only for Vika! Forget everyone else, she should fucking tailor her game just for beating Vika. Lol I'm kidding not really

Quote:

"This is my home!"
See the thing is only hard core tennis fans really know how arrogant that actually was. Vika is just arrogant across all sports. That said, she's kinda deserving and I kinda don't reckon she should change. I dunno, maybe try to find some way to be the tennis rockstar without being insulting.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #1118
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Isolated incident or not, it was arrogant, rude, uncalled for, unnecessary and I hated it! Like, WTF was she thinking?
It's a severe dent in Masha's armour of elegance, grace and class that will not be overlooked by Vikatards...
And by you apparently (your really dont look at things with even a hint of fan bias do you?) I actually didnt mind it. Would have been better if she had won the whole tournament so it sort of backfired. Even the classiest players have had an off moment in their career and on the other side of the coin there have been some far more classless moments by some far more classless players.

Last edited by Andy. : Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1119
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Disagree on the second point though. I just think it's hard to argue with the very sudden and vast improvement when you compare her results in the couple of years before she linked up with Hogstedt, to her results in the year since
I do admit that with bringing him along her game stabilized and some major improvements were made compared to the horrific 2009/2010. However, there has not been a single change in her game for months now, it seems that they ain't working on adding something different to her repertoire. Moreover, the things he says to her in the on-court consultation ( "she is gonna choke";"go pusher mode") are just making no sense, at all and lack any kind of insightful piece of advice/tactics that can be applied during the particular matches. I believe she needs someone who has worked on the ATP like Brad Gilbert (OK, maybe not the best example) who has a different approach/perspective.

Anyway, it is silly to think that she will ditch him since it has been seen that Maria rarely makes any changes. I wish Yuri comebacks, though. Having him on court will make miracles for her confidence.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #1120
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
She won fair and square i can't deny that. However her behaviour upon winning was a disgrace. She is a cocky B****and im not impressed.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan View Post
And by you apparently (your really dont look at things with even a hint of fan bias do you?) I actually didnt mind it. Would have been better if she had won the whole tournament so it sort of backfired. Even the classiest players have had an off moment in their career and on the other side of the coin there have been some far more classless moments by some far more classless players.
Nope. I was like "Biiiiiiiitch! You won this tournament ONCE! Have some respect for a two-time champ before declaring this your house!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
She won fair and square i can't deny that. However her behaviour upon winning was a disgrace. She is a cocky B****and im not impressed.

You talking about Masha or Vika?
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #1122
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You talking about Masha or Vika?

Stop it already.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #1123
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
Not to mention how much I hate how this matchup makes her look: much worse than she actually is.
This

Quote:

"This is my home!"
Was this something that Maria said?
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1124
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #1125
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

GAH I knew it. Before the match I was certain thet Maria's footwork would be the deciding factor. Although I didn't watch the match (fortunately), comments from you guys just reaffirmed how Maria has been struggling with her groundstrokes simply due to the lack of footwork. And like most people, it remains a mystery to me how she can generate so few BPs from Vika's mediocre serve with a supposedly 'lethal' return game

Oh well, customary grumbling session post-loss. Expected but not easy. On to Miami.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote