Miami. 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #1
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Miami. 2012

On to the next one Masha, slay some Bitches
New Tournament, New Dress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #2
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami. 2012

If she doesn't withdraw (which I'm still not 100% sure about), I REALLY hope she draws Kim Even though I'd give Kim a slight edge on hardcourts (assuming she's inform), I just want to see them play atleast one more time before Kim retires, firstly for the sake of the WTA and also because for whatever reason Maria just always seems to be really up for it whenever she plays any of the old guard bar Serena. Probably her best tennis of 2009-10 was in those first two sets against Kim in Cincinnati (before the choke), and also the way she was so fearless against Justine at RG back in 2010. Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #3
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
If she doesn't withdraw (which I'm still not 100% sure about), I REALLY hope she draws Kim Even though I'd give Kim a slight edge on hardcourts (assuming she's inform), I just want to see them play atleast one more time before Kim retires, firstly for the sake of the WTA and also because for whatever reason Maria just always seems to be really up for it whenever she plays any of the old guard bar Serena. Probably her best tennis of 2009-10 was in those first two sets against Kim in Cincinnati (before the choke), and also the way she was so fearless against Justine at RG back in 2010. Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now
This also because I hate the fluke H2H with Clijsters, 5-3 in Kim's favour - 2 from '03 and another 2 matches ('05 USO SF and '10 Cinci final) that Masha should have won.

I'm not sure whether she'll play either but if she does I'd like a SF just for the points or a QF at the very least.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #4
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see some quality play as well as some quality wins if possible.

Oh and win the title. I'll be pissed the fuck off if she retires without a Miami title. I WANT IT BAD.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #5
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if her foot will really allow her to compete to her best in South Beach...I'm starting to think that her sluggish footwork may indeed be a result of some sort nagging injury. She was already very sluggish against Baby Anci and today it just got exposed big time by Azarenka. Anyway, if she's indeed fine I hope she reaches the final again and I PRAY that she is not facing belorussian in the final this time arround...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #6
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Come On Maria You Can Win This Title Xx
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #7
MaruSharapova

MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light

On to the next!

VenusSerenaAnaJJVika
Asians
MaruSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #8
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now
If she somehow puts that old fire on court it would be enough for at least another final.
Best of the luck for Miami, I hope in a good tournament and at least SF's.. then everything could happen!
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #9
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Well done James! Let's hope Maria can have enough rest so that she can be at her best in this tournament! However I don't expect her to go that deep in the draw and defend all her points from last year. A QF or SF would be nice! (obviously in my dreams she reaches the final and defeats Serena 61 62 winning the trophy but that's just a dream! )

The draw ceremony is supposed to happen today, am I right?

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #10
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Make QFs/SFs and play some decent tennis, please!
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #11
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
Well done James! Let's hope Maria can have enough rest so that she can be at her best in this tournament! However I don't expect her to go that deep in the draw and defend all her points from last year. A QF or SF would be nice! (obviously in my dreams she reaches the final and defeats Serena 61 62 winning the trophy but that's just a dream! )

The draw ceremony is supposed to happen today, am I right?
I think the ceremony is at 11:30.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #12
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
I think the ceremony is at 11:30.
What time for CET?
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #13
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
What time for CET?
19:30.
Am I the only one who thinks that Hodge or whatever did a terrible job with Maria, I mean, sure he brought consistency in her game and her FH looks more solid but I still believe that it's not what is gonna help her to win the biggest titles she needs to flatten her FH a lil more where are those lasso FH she was hitting back then the lack of aggressiveness in her game is really hurting her especially against Vika, Petra and Na.
Sth needs to be done cause otherwise she will keep reach finals just to lose them and enough is enough she better bring her best serve and tennis in Miami and I don't care what it takes just do it
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #14
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Although I don't have very high expectations for this one, if she's healthy and doesn't draw Serena in her quarter, she could easily reach another semifinal at the very least. But, I'm a little bit worried about that ankle I just hope that she'll play some nice tennis this and following week, and that her ground strokes will finally kick back in. I'm starting to miss the period when her serve was disastrous, but her ground game very strong

Good luck Masha Let's do some slaying
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #15
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
19:30.
Am I the only one who thinks that Hodge or whatever did a terrible job with Maria, I mean, sure he brought consistency in her game and her FH looks more solid but I still believe that it's not what is gonna help her to win the biggest titles she needs to flatten her FH a lil more where are those lasso FH she was hitting back then the lack of aggressiveness in her game is really hurting her especially against Vika, Petra and Na.
Sth needs to be done cause otherwise she will keep reach finals just to lose them and enough is enough she better bring her best serve and tennis in Miami and I don't care what it takes just do it
I don't think she needs a new coach. A lot players switch coaches all the time when their game sings perfect and it just doesn't work.
Do you really think Maria should hire a new coach just to beat one girl? He's done wonders with Maria. It's her own fault she can't bring it. She has all the tools.