Jessica Moore - Page 142 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #2116
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all
Re: Jessica Moore

Someone must have news on jess whether on break or quit?
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #2117
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

She played National Tennis League finals for Dalkeith during the second week of the aussie open...lost to Sally Peers like 4-2 5-3 or something like that....but dominated in doubles where she and Marissa beat Polak and Wlodarczak easily...

Word is singles career is finished but is still considering playing some doubles events...not sure when or where though...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #2118
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Oh ok thanks for info. Might be smart move to continue in dubs. Would be good to see her back asap
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #2119
country flag sutho12

Oh ok thanks for info. Might be smart move to continue in dubs. Would be good to see her back asap
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #2120
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Now would be a good time to act while she still has a good doubles ranking, so she can get into small WTA events. If she had a reliable partner who she could play with every week, say Lertcheewakarn for instance, she could do alright.

If she's playing small WTA's or large ITF's she may as well play singles qualies for a hit, doubles-only players don't get a lot of matches.
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 05:17 AM   #2121
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

I'm sorry to hear that Jess might be thinking of quitting. To me, she's a girl with talent and has got the ability to make it as a pro. Maybe she felt that she just hadn't got the rewards to be expected with the amount of effort that she had put in over the years. I won't claim to be an expert on her; I just didn't watch that many of her matches. That said, I do remember the match that she played against Liv back at the '10 wildcard playoff, and she definitely made an impression on me there. Liv easily won the power stakes in that match. That put Jess on the defensive in a lot of those rallies, but she scrambled and fought to get back everything that she could. It was clear to see that she really wanted to win that match, and she showed a lot of heart out there. I couldn't say anything bad about her attitude off of that performance, and that's an all-important attribute for a pro. Technically there were some clear pros and cons, and this is where things got complicated. For starters, she had good velocity on her first serve, and I thought that could be a weapon for her. On the other hand, she played with a lot of spin, and that had a clear downside. Yes, her groundstrokes were consistent, but there was no real pace or depth on her shots. In rally after rally, Liv was just running her around until she was far enough behind in the point that Liv could finally put her away. The other thing that bothered me is that even though she had a scrambler's mentality out there, she just did not have the foot speed to be successful with that approach. Defensive players have to be able to get a million balls back if they're depending on coaxing errors out of an opponent who is playing well; Jess did not look like a Wozniacki to me. Alright, so what's my verdict? Yes, I could definitely see her struggling to make it as a pro with the game that she showed that day, but I wouldn't describe it as hopeless. IMHO, Jess just needed a coach who could identify the weaknesses in her game and address them. Job #1 would be to get her some more power on her groundstrokes; she needed to be hitting through the ball more and flattening those strokes out. I think that that adjustment alone would have guaranteed her a successful future. Foot speed doesn't matter nearly as much if you're able to hurt people with your groundies, but I think even that weakness could've been remedied. Forget about people that talk about fast-twitch fibers all day long -- as if speed is something that you're either born with or without. If you're slow and you want to get faster, you've got to focus on developing your leg strength, and that means hitting the gym... hard.

Anyhow, whatever will be, will be. I hope that she gives it another shot, but if this life isn't for her, I'm still wishing her all the best.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM   #2122
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Jess actually overachieved given her talent due to some lucky draws. Unfortunately like you said, she didn't have the power or depth in her shots to ever give top 150 players a tough match.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #2123
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Jess is back ! She qualified in Ipswach she had a bye in round 1 won round 2 6-0 6-1. Then the final quallie round 6-2 7-5. She takes on Miharu Imanishi in the first round a winnable match. Lets go Jess
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #2124
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #2125
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

very happy to see Jessica playing again. Good luck in round 1.
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 02:08 AM   #2126
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbal View Post
Jess is back ! She qualified in Ipswach she had a bye in round 1 won round 2 6-0 6-1. Then the final quallie round 6-2 7-5. She takes on Miharu Imanishi in the first round a winnable match. Lets go Jess
She just beat Imanishi 6-1 6-0 wow! LIttle break must have done her good!
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 02:12 AM   #2127
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Wow the early signs are very impressive for Jess! She's lost 11 games in 4 matches (including doubles), although admittedly, she's hasn't played any tough opponents yet. But still, very happy to see her back and clocking up WTA points already
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 02:22 AM   #2128
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

It is really great to see her back and winning matches. I hope that she gets to face Bella in R2, that could be a very interesting match.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 08:02 AM   #2129
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Jess
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 07:24 AM   #2130
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Jess
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote