Early entries - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #46
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future
Re: Early entries

italians in quali ?

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles :

Dubai '14, Charleston '14
Madoka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #47
country flag tenisboss

tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckMila View Post
italians in quali ?
Qualifying list will be out on 20th March
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #48
country flag Le Tenisse

Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold

Ormaechea how far of MD now? Thanks
Le Tenisse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #49
country flag tenisboss

tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tenisse View Post
Ormaechea how far of MD now? Thanks
She is not here.
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #50
country flag Juan

Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zako View Post
does anyone knows the closer hotel to the tournament? it's a real shame that organization dont care and even dont answer my email. After this, how can they blame about small number of spectators?
The fact about this tournament is that it was really close to being cancelled, finally it wasn't but expenses were cut down to the minimum and they even dispensed with most of the tournament staff. 3 weeks ago the former organizers sold the tournament to non-Spanish investors (Sandra Reichel leads the new management team). My guess is that the new organizers will run the tournament this year with minimum budget, just to move it to another place next year.

So that's the reason website was no longer updated and probably no one ever read your email.
There's a new website for the tournament at http://www.barcelonaladiesopen.com although it is really poor and many parts are still missing.

However, I hope you enjoy it if you finally come! At least the entry list does not look too bad
Juan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #51
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
[...]My guess is that the new organizers will run the tournament this year with minimum budget, just to move it to another place next year. [...]At least the entry list does not look too bad
  1. As the entry list already includes two Top 20 players, it show to those with basic knowledge that tournament isn’t run on low budget (eg it’s naïve to expect that Julia Görges will appear at IS Barcelona the week after P700 Charleston if the organizers didn’t sweeten the deal for her).

2. Your guess about the future relocation of the tournament is not in line with MatchMaker’s intentions outlined in their press release on 2/14/12 (bolding is mine):
Quote:
”[…] Barcelona has a huge potential as a world capital for a great WTA tournament, "said Sandra Reichel. "Initial discussions with political representatives of the City have confirmed the impression that this important event will stay in Barcelona. The acquisition of the license is an important investment for our company and we are confident that we can develop this event in the near future. Even closer cooperation between Upper Austria, Salzburg and Catalonia will arise in the course of this engagement. This can be both athletic, both in the economic field, "adds Reichel.
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #52
country flag Juan

Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Observer View Post
  1. As the entry list already includes two Top 20 players, it show to those with basic knowledge that tournament isn’t run on low budget (eg it’s naïve to expect that Julia Görges will appear at IS Barcelona the week after P700 Charleston if the organizers didn’t sweeten the deal for her).
  2. Your guess about the future relocation of the tournament is not in line with MatchMaker’s intentions outlined in their press release on 2/14/12 (bolding is mine):
Ok, that was only my opinion as I don't have any information about it

As far as I know, the tournament did not ever pay any kind of appearance fee to any player. That's the reason why Spanish #1 Anabel Medina never played this tournament and played Estoril and Fes instead. And despite not paying any appearance fee, some Top-20 players played it: 2008 #18 Peer, 2009 #14 Cornet #15 Pennetta, 2010 #17 Schiavone #20 Rezai, 2011 #12 Bartoli. I don't know if it was the WTA trying to promote the tournament, or it was player's own decission. And I don't know if new organizers have changed the policy and have paid Goerges, but it wouldn't make much sense paying a top player and not promoting the tournament at all (I have been looking for tournament info for over a month and didn't find anything 'til yesterday, 3 weeks before the tournament begins)

And concerning the second point, I really hope it is true and they keep and develop this tournament in Barcelona, but the fact is that in the past very few people has attended the tournament and it had minimum relevance in Spanish media. So when foreign investors buy the tournament, it is easy to think that they can move it elsewhere, and of course if they are holding it in Barcelona this year, they are not going to say that they want move the tournament.
Juan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #53
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

yeah they dont pay appearance fee in barcelona . so if goerges is there, its not because of that and this year the tournament will be cheaper in organization and that kind of things, so no way
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #54
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Marta in Q?

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #55
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zako View Post
muchas gracias spiceboy!

Do you recomend any hotel in the centre? What about metro tickets price?
Also, do you know where to buy tickets online for this event?
I went in 2010 and I just bought tickets on the day. I know the venue has changed but I still doubt there's going to be a riot for tickets.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #56
country flag tenisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
Marta in Q?
Q List will be out on Tuesday
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #57
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Quote:
[...]As far as I know, the tournament did not ever pay any kind of appearance fee to any player. […]
I neither talked about Arantxa Sánchez Vicario’s possible expenses nor does this say anything about the way the new tournament owner will promote the event.
Quote:
I don't know if it was the WTA trying to promote the tournament, or it was player's own decision.
WTA‘s obligation is the appearance of either one Top 20 player OR four Top 50 players, but they don’t have to pay any compensation if this obligation is not fulfilled.
Quote:
And I don't know if new organizers have changed the policy […]
Make up your mind if Barcelona’s new Tournament Ownership run the event the way they do it in Linz & Badgastein for years or they way Arantxa Sánchez Vicario might have done it.
Quote:
[…]it wouldn't make much sense paying a top player and not promoting the tournament at all.
As tournament ownership switched hands less than two months before the start of the event, is a huge drawback. MatchMakers first priority is to find a title sponsor and they way they do it is to present Top players as participants (Peter Michael Reichel: “Perhaps we are able to present a top-10 player”). As both Peter Michael and her daughter Sandra travel to tournaments in order to talk to players and their agents, decide, if they have something substantial to offer other than a helping how to enter a tournament.
Quote:
[…] I really hope it is true and they keep and develop this tournament in Barcelona […]. So when foreign investors buy the tournament, it is easy to think that they can move it elsewhere, and of course if they are holding it in Barcelona this year, they are not going to say that they want move the tournament.
I don’t know if you had the time to read the new ownerships intention in my previous post:
Quote:
”[…] Barcelona has a huge potential as a world capital for a great WTA tournament, "said Sandra Reichel. "Initial discussions with political representatives of the City have confirmed the impression that this important event will stay in Barcelona. The acquisition of the license is an important investment for our company and we are confident that we can develop this event in the near future. Even closer cooperation between Upper Austria, Salzburg and Catalonia will arise in the course of this engagement. This can be both athletic, both in the economic field, "adds Reichel.
I hope, they are successful (in finding a title sponsor), but time will tell.
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #58
country flag krul

krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all

Chak?
krul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #59
country flag tenisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by krul View Post
Chak?
No
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #60
country flag tenisboss

Q List headed by Bratchikova, Dominguez Lino, Bremond, Rus

Also IN Q Arruabarrena-Vecino, Rampre, Larriere, Muguruza Blanco and Koehler

Last IN is Burnett

TOP ALTs Bogdan, Sirotkina, Remondina, Ferrer Suarez