Kanepi gunning for top 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2009, 09:51 AM   #1
country flag MRUK

MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light MRUK is a glorious beacon of light
Kanepi gunning for top 10

Hey guys,

hope u are all enjoying the clay. just watching the white socks go reddy/orange is enough to keep me entertained.

Anyway, got an interview with Kaia up this week.

It's at the usual place is anyone fancies a read. If not, then you've probably been to the blog before and vowed never to return lol.

Personally, don't think she is top 10 material...more like top 15...maybe
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #2
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kanepi gunning for top 10

thanks a lot for Kaia interview

I really hope she can reach top 10 but sadly her last results have not been encouraging in that direction.
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #3
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's time we reopen commenting in this thread. If Kaia can put her result at Australian (which as it turns out wasnt too bad) behind her, I think she has a great shot at making top 10. With Kim and Serena likely to be gone by the end of the year, that puts her ranking at 23. There are many players in the top 10 (stosur, kvitova, bartoli) who have lost early at grand slams while they were in top 10. I believe that Kaia has a huge opportunity and we should use this thread to analyse her ranking and discuss her rise to the top.
Goal: First Estonian to be top 10 in professional Tennis.
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #4
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

She needs roughly 2100 ranking points to make it. iven that she has next to no points to defend until Tokyo, good luck to her as she has a very legitimate chance
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM   #5
country flag chingching

I thought I should reactivate this thread as Kaia has returned and will hopefully be able to play a full schedule for the first time in many years

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:18 AM   #6
country flag chingching

OK as normal I reactivate this thread
Anyway, Kaia gained 100 Points this week and in the projected rankings will go up to #25 She is only 1652 points off the Top 10 and doesn't have any points to defend until Estoril really Also, she has not played 16 Tournaments and has a lot of 1s from early losses which will fall off so she won't even lose some of her lower points She definitely has a shot at bettering her Career High before RG and let's hope this year she will actually be able to continue without Injuries, losing motivation and sponsor disputes

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.