25k Fort Walton Beach - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #31
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of
Re: 25k Fort Walton Beach

yeah, it starts to look hopeless for her to ever come back, even to the top 200. she would have to win those 25k events easily if she wanted to get back to the top level. but as long as she has fun and thinks it is worth it, let her play. i think she's free to retire any time when she feels like it. like you said, she isn't a child anymore, she can make decisions on her own (who's her coach, where and when she plays). i always thought it would be best for her to get another coach and to work on her fitness a lot more, but again, she's no child anymore, she has to realize for herself what's best for her and what she wants.so we'll see what will happen in the future....

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đài J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #32
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

I think at some point it becomes a situation which some of these players just fear having to go out in the real world and do something else. That Wimbledon SF was almost a curse. Had she not had that result, she likely could have gotten a full tennis scholarship at a great school and be living a fulfilling life as a young professional. Now, at 31, she is traveling from low-level ITF to low-level ITF and losing early. I'm not sure what motivates someone to continue a career like this, when she hasn't been a factor in the main tour for years. She is still young enough to get an education and make her mark in this world in a professional career, but as far as tennis as a means to provide a comfortable retirement it doesn't look like that will happen.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #33
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

It is Alexandra's life and she will conduct it according to her liking.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #34
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneru View Post
It is Alexandra's life and she will conduct it according to her liking.
Absolutely. I just question whether she has a voice of reason in her life. She's 31, probably losing a lot of money traveling to tournaments and losing early, and still young enough to do something else with her life. If she ever needs to take care of herself financially in the future it won't be from her tennis winnings or endorsements.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote