Caroline Garcia - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #421
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline Garcia

yes you are right. But well Azarenka is just at her peak level right now, she beat radwanska 2 and 2 despite being injured so you cant have her as a real point of comparison

Caroline needs more matchs, more tournaments to improve cause as you said she still doesnt know how to win cause she doesnt believe in her enough. She has big potential but doesnt know how to use it yet.

I still think she has to be more complete player to make real impact on the tour.

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #422
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline draw Jankovic in first round of Kuala Lumpur

so pissed seing girls like radwanska,jankovic playing in such tournament asking for wild cards, pff like if they need it

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #423
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

crap draw

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #424
country flag améliemomo

bad programme.she should have gone to Bogota/Monterrey/Acapulco. Look at Timea Babos reaching her first wta finale

Old Feb 26th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #425
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo View Post
yes you are right. But well Azarenka is just at her peak level right now, she beat radwanska 2 and 2 despite being injured so you cant have her as a real point of comparison

Caroline needs more matchs, more tournaments to improve cause as you said she still doesnt know how to win cause she doesnt believe in her enough. She has big potential but doesnt know how to use it yet.

I still think she has to be more complete player to make real impact on the tour.
No, I was wrong as I was too quick to read a particular scoreline as encouraging when most likely it wasn't.

Playing KL MD may not be such a bad idea. She could enter a few challengers I suppose, but she'd find a way to lose in them just the same and it would be much more damaging for her confidence. Or would it? When the problem isn't skill level but competitiveness/learning how to win, what do you do? And what kind of coaching you give to such a player? E.g. what should her coach do after seeing her lose a 3rd set TB to someone "who has never been a player and probably never will be"? Upbraid her for a full hour? Or just say "Forget about it" and let her go out with her hussy of a doubles partner who only has an eye for boys?
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #426
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Comment on latest disaster, same as posted at GM:

There's choking, and then there's Caroline Garcia.

Brain freezes completely at the slightest hint of pressure. "Brain freezes completely" is to be taken literally - the stuff she does at crunch time makes no sense whatsoever, it's just completely random, and she even stops moving her feet. It's pure panic.
Old Feb 28th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #427
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

3mps!

nothing else left to write.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #428
country flag améliemomo

very tough loss but come on dont be so harsh on her. She showed great level there, once again like you said the finish is not there. She doesnt know how to win a match but she's improving.

at 40-15 I was praying for a "miracle" like an ace or serve and volley but then I remembered this is her second biggest match on the wta level against a top10-15 player,her first was against sharapova last year

her backhand is still a big weakness, and her serve could be improved, such at her returns, should be playing more doubles imo to come to the net more often

she withdrew to the Nassau 100K so should not be playing in the USA imo. Perhaps getting ready for the clay court season...

Old Feb 29th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #429
country flag Corswandt

Quote:
very tough loss but come on dont be so harsh on her.
I would never.

Caroline

All fanbases, even those of overachieving hackballers, always claim that their faves are immensely talented, but "choking" and "being a headcase" prevents them from reaching their full GOATential. Only in Caroline's case that's more than true.

I mean, the way she completely freezes under pressure, regardless of setting, opponent and/or level of competition, is quite unlike anything I've seen before, and we've all seen horrendous choking many, many times. It's so bad that it might prevent her from successfully transitioning to the pro level. I'm not saying that will happen, or even that it's likely to happen, but at the moment it's an actual risk that can't be disregarded. And of course Caroline herself is aware of this. At crunch time she's shit scared because she knows that she'll get tight, and that there's nothing that she can do about it.

Quote:
should be playing more doubles imo to come to the net more often
Where she'd get passed left and right, like everyone else these days. Maybe you're on to something though - if instead of staying glued to the baseline to frame routine rally shots into the stands she'd foolishly rush the net to get passed, she'd be able to claim that there was nothing she could do, hadn't her opponent hit a winner after all?
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #430
country flag améliemomo

being passed when you're at the net is a risk that should be taken cause it's worthy of big courage imo and on match point you should make something "special"

and also BECAUSE it is very RARE to see a player coming to the net, with her natural power she should work on sequences at training to find a way to come to the net easyly and finish it off

if only she could have amélie as her coach, hopefully she'll be the new fed cup captain next year, caroline could improve so much with her

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM   #431
country flag améliemomo

Great news guys!

Caroline will play Indian Wells quallies, that's why she withdrew of the american ITF tournaments, she got a wild card

she sent some pics of her there,she seems happy and focused

you can see them on her Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Caroli...56547437741171

Last edited by améliemomo : Mar 4th, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #432
country flag améliemomo

Her draw in qualies

(10)Alexandra Panova (RUS) v (wc)Caroline Garcia (FRA)
Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB) v (13)Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA)

Go!

Old Mar 5th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #433
country flag Corswandt

So a WC. Friends in high places.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #434
country flag Geoffrey91

Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future

Lost 64 64...

Caroline had 11 break points but oncly converted 1 of them. Actually Panova had only 3 break points but still managed to convert all. Bad stats for Caro again. She should have won this kind of match now !

Irena Pavlovic

Kristina Mladenovic
Geoffrey91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #435
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Since that Sharapova collapse, her problems to take opportunities have been worsening with every tournament.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote