Chris Evert Thread - Page 146 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 09:46 PM   #2176
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Have you guys noticed all the new great Chris matches coming in on youtube for the last couple of weeks ? What a treat
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 09:48 PM   #2177

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

For instance those highlights are just insane ! Great camera angle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmUrU...eature=related
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #2178
country flag laschutz

laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold

yeah, some great stuff like evert versus bettina bunge ( weht her?) in the 86 fed cup where chrissie's knee was so bad she had that huge knee brace on.. she would lose to sandra cecchini! in this fed cup tourney in 3 sets because of her knee...... in hindsight she shouldn't have been walking much less playing but did it for the u.s. and a friendly gesture to martina playing in prague since her defection...

also love the evert and shriver versus king and navratilova doubles exhibition tournament.. fun stuff to watch..

and the chrissie with jimmy world mixed doubles championship matches from 83 and 84....
laschutz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #2179

Chris Evert signs 4-year deal with ESPN

Chris Evert, who won 18 Grand Slam tennis major titles as a player, signed a four-year contract to continue as part of ESPN's broadcast team for the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open.

Evert, who joined ESPN last year, recently worked the women's final of the Australian Open on ESPN2. She'll be part of ESPN's coverage of the four majors, plus selected other events.

"The Grand Slams were such an important part of my life, and I am excited to be going back to them," Evert said in a statement. "I look forward to expressing the emotions, as well as the strategies, that the current players are feeling at these special events."

Evert, who previously worked as a commentator for NBC Sports, won seven French Opens, six U.S. Opens, three Wimbledons and two Australian Open titles.

"Last year we quickly discovered what Chris brings to our telecasts -- the perspective of having been at the sport's pinnacle, keen knowledge of the game today and a personality that sparkles with both candor and humor," said John Wildhack, ESPN executive vice president, production, in a statement. "She instantly fit well into our hard-working team and it's appropriate a champion of all the Grand Slam events will work all four for us."
http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id...ll-tennis-espn

Old Mar 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #2180
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

chrissie headed to LA to support Martina on DWTS!
http://chrisevert.net/CE-News.html
go girl!!
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #2181
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

I love Pam Shriver's response this afternoon when another commentator at IW asked her what she thought the hardest thing for Martina was going to be at DWTS- without hesitation, her answer was "wearing a skirt"!
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #2182
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

Daze ,i'm totally out off topic but do you know Guillermo Coria had a baby ,a son named Thiago
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2183
country flag mistymore

mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
Chris Evert signs 4-year deal with ESPN

Chris Evert, who won 18 Grand Slam tennis major titles as a player, signed a four-year contract to continue as part of ESPN's broadcast team for the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open.

Evert, who joined ESPN last year, recently worked the women's final of the Australian Open on ESPN2. She'll be part of ESPN's coverage of the four majors, plus selected other events.

"The Grand Slams were such an important part of my life, and I am excited to be going back to them," Evert said in a statement. "I look forward to expressing the emotions, as well as the strategies, that the current players are feeling at these special events."

Evert, who previously worked as a commentator for NBC Sports, won seven French Opens, six U.S. Opens, three Wimbledons and two Australian Open titles.

"Last year we quickly discovered what Chris brings to our telecasts -- the perspective of having been at the sport's pinnacle, keen knowledge of the game today and a personality that sparkles with both candor and humor," said John Wildhack, ESPN executive vice president, production, in a statement. "She instantly fit well into our hard-working team and it's appropriate a champion of all the Grand Slam events will work all four for us."
http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id...ll-tennis-espn

Chris is such an amazing champion. So happy to hear.
mistymore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2184
country flag mistymore

mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of

One thing I always wondered is why Chris stopped working for NBC. Does anyone know what happened?
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #2185
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by calou View Post
Daze ,i'm totally out off topic but do you know Guillermo Coria had a baby ,a son named Thiago
haha yes, yes i did. the 3 of them look adorable!! but thanks for thinking to tell me!
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #2186
country flag mistymore

Is Guillermo Coria with a new wife now? I was so sad when his first wife dumped him. He seemed like such a sweetie.
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #2187
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymore View Post
Is Guillermo Coria with a new wife now? I was so sad when his first wife dumped him. He seemed like such a sweetie.
one last quick 'off topic' ... no, he married carla coria in 2003, his first wife ~ and thats who he had the baby with. there was some tennis fan gossip about an affair somewhere along the line, but it never got past being tennis fan gossip, as far as anyone knows.
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #2188

Don't know if it's been posted before but here's a very insightful interview from a year ago. Chris is such a deep soul...all the angst she's had to deal with.
http://www.elle.com/Life-Love/Sex-Re...vert-Marriages
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #2189
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

The part about her advice to married couples. It's easier said than done and especially in hindsight. When you've been with someone 18 years, there are some things you can't bring yourself to saying or admitting. It is the strange thing about relationships. It's a good read, thanks for posting. She's looking great!
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #2190
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Thank-you so much Lightwarrior for posting that article, it was a brilliant read. It just goes to show, that you never know, what is going on, behind the public smile of your idol! Well done to Chrissie, for having the guts to speak out.
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote