Martic def. Jankovic 67 75 76 :) - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #61
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Martic def. Jankovic 67 75 76 :)

People really need to stop saying Jankovic is "back" or tipping her to return to the top 10....it's NOT going to happen. Her game has simply deteriorated too much. She remains on track to drop out of the top 20 this year.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 4th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #62
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

I was watching this match...Jelena wasn't even bad at all,but Martic played really well and just went for broke in important points...
Anabelcroft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #63
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone have video of this to upload?
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #64
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
People really need to stop saying Jankovic is "back" or tipping her to return to the top 10....it's NOT going to happen. Her game has simply deteriorated too much. She remains on track to drop out of the top 20 this year.
Dumb post (as usual).

There are actually no signs at all to indicate Jankovic is on track to drop out of the top 20 this year. Her standard of play, thus far this year, certainly will keep her in the top 20. Infact, for the year Jankovic has gained 791 ranking points which puts her 13th in the race rankings. So while I would agree a return to the top 10 looks unlikely, a drop out of the top 20 looks even more unlikely. Also for the record, Jankovic only just turned 27, she is not that old and should still have a couple more relatively decent years left in her. It should also be noted that this is only the 2nd time this year Jankovic has lost to a player ranked below her and today, Martic simply played great tennis to beat her.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #65
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Dumb post (as usual).

There are actually no signs at all to indicate Jankovic is on track to drop out of the top 20 this year. Her standard of play, thus far this year, certainly will keep her in the top 20. Infact, for the year Jankovic has gained 791 ranking points which puts her 13th in the race rankings. So while I would agree a return to the top 10 looks unlikely, a drop out of the top 20 looks even more unlikely. Also for the record, Jankovic only just turned 27, she is not that old and should still have a couple more relatively decent years left in her. It should also be noted that this is only the 2nd time this year Jankovic has lost to a player ranked below her and today, Martic simply played great tennis to beat her.
Actually, there's plenty of signs that she's going to finish outside the top 20. She's heavily relying on her flukish run to the final in Cincinnati atm, which isn't going to happen again, plus her form over the past couple of years has always been clumps of decent form followed by clumps of terrible form (meaning that after doing decently the last couple of months, on the pattern of the last 2 years she's probably due another terrible cycle of form any minute now, probably because she'll get dispirited by her recent losses). Not to mention that it's obvious to anyone who understands anything in tennis beyond scorelines that Jankovic's movement (the bedrock of her game) is vastly inferior compared to her peak.

Get back to predicting Errani and Kerber to make the top 10 or whatever delusional shit you're peddling lately
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #66
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She used to know how to play tennis
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #67
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
does anyone have video of this to upload?
Don't think so,I watched it online...Jankovic made very few UE,but Martic was braver in critical situations...Jankovic was leading 4:1 in the third set,had match point at 6:5,was leading 2:0 and 5:4 in tb and gave it away with an unforced error...
Anabelcroft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #68
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Actually, there's plenty of signs that she's going to finish outside the top 20. She's heavily relying on her flukish run to the final in Cincinnati atm, which isn't going to happen again, plus her form over the past couple of years has always been clumps of decent form followed by clumps of terrible form (meaning that after doing decently the last couple of months, on the pattern of the last 2 years she's probably due another terrible cycle of form any minute now, probably because she'll get dispirited by her recent losses). Not to mention that it's obvious to anyone who understands anything in tennis beyond scorelines that Jankovic's movement (the bedrock of her game) is vastly inferior compared to her peak.

Get back to predicting Errani and Kerber to make the top 10 or whatever delusional shit you're peddling lately
I actually haven't predicted either of those things although it is worth noting that as of now both are in the top 10 in terms of rankings earned this year and I do expect both of these girls to continue to have successful years. Kerber will likely finish 2012 ranked between 8 and 15 and Errani will likely finish 2012 ranked between 15 and 25.

As for Jankovic she had a dip in form last year, and at the start of 2011 I actually did predict she would fall out of the top 10. Yes, her game is not now at the same level it was when she was a top 5 player. But it has stabilized there has been not significant additional decline since last year.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Mar 4th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #69
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Can´t be bothered to make sarcastic remark about latest failure. Happily waits for return to top five.
This.

MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #70
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 5th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #71
country flag Dugavljan

Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice Dugavljan is just really nice

petra
Dugavljan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #72
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

JaJa's GOAT scoreline!

Juju Nostalgique is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #73
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone alert me to when Jankovic last won a tight match? I honestly can't remember.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #74
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Oh God. Can't you stick with your annoying little ponies?
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #75
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Oh God. Can't you stick with your annoying little ponies?