Wiktorowski's words of wisdom - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM   #1
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute
Wiktorowski's words of wisdom

Agnieszka does not have a star status so she is rarely covered and interviewed by English/American press, but there's an interview with Wiktorowski after pretty much every Agnieszka's match and before major events (he seems to be her coach as well as the PR guy). I thought it'd be nice for non-Polish fans to know the contents of those interviews, however I'd like to gauge if there's any interest in them before committing myself to translating them (it might turn out quite time consuming).

So, do you guys want me to do it?
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:25 PM   #2
country flag fede33

fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of
Re: Wiktorowski's words of wisdom

clear that if !

Forever: Hingis|Davenport|Henin|Dementieva|Safina
fede33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:52 PM   #3
country flag SwingVolley93

SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute

YES
SwingVolley93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:56 PM   #4
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future

Any news from Polish medias is welcome, of course
Jerem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 11:35 PM   #5

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/austra...06/story.shtml
On the upcoming match with Georges:
Quote:
-Goerges is definitely going to be a tougher opponent than Galina Voskoboeva from Kazakhstan whom she defeated in the previous round. Although they've never played with each other, we know more or less what we should expect, which is good serve and forehand, particularly reverse forehand as the German's favorite hit. She'll be trying to attack and take initiative in rallies as she's an athlete playing aggressive tennis.

-Agnieszka will have to be very careful on her own serve, and especially she won't be able to afford a single moment of lack of focus. She can't give away points freely, Georges might take advantage of it and not relinquish her lead afterwards. Additionally, Aga will have to hit low and fast balls, hitting higher balls would prompt Goerges to attack. Concentration, consequence and patience might be the decisive elements leading to victory [I think he wants to tell pushing is the plan for the match ]

-We don't think about Azarenka yet, it's a long way to quarterfinals. Ahead of us is Georges and match that we have to win in order to think about the quarterfinal. On Sunday Agnieszka will have to play under pressure, because she's the favorite, at least looking at rankings. In past some upsets occurred in such circumstances, but not recently, so she should be fine.
About the won doubles match:
Quote:
-Today's match was as unnoteworthy as the previous one, because the opponents were not able to engage Agniela in any way. Most importantly it was short, so Agnieszka did not lose any energy before the important singles match.
Hopefully the translation is intelligible, translating into a foreign language is more difficult than I remembered it (I haven;t translated anything in ages).
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 11:39 PM   #6
country flag Otlichno
Splendid#man

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 12:01 AM   #7
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future

No, not pushing
Thank you a lot, good job
Jerem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 09:41 AM   #8

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/austra...89/story.shtml
Quote:
Agnieszka is already in the second week of the GS tournament. It's a good time for the first summaries?
Tomasz Wiktorowski: There'll be time for them after the last match. Now we have QF ahead of us, definitely the most important match in the tournament. So far she showed very good and smart tennis, so we're looking forward to future matches optimistically. However we're aware that it's going to be the first with a higher seeded opponent. I wish Viktoria was on our side... [? That's what he actually said, I don't get it myself]

(...)
The Belarussian didn't have any strong opponents, pretty much none of them forced her to any greater effort.

TW: She had 4 easy victories because she's difficult to stop. She hangs around the baseline where she hits the balls very quickly, right after the bounce. That way she takes away twice as much time from the opponents' reaction time window, making them appear slower.

Agnieszka also likes to hit the balls right after the bounce.
TW: Yes, they both have great timing, but Azarenka has definite physical advantage over Agnieszka.She's simply much stronger and hits the ball much harder.

Radwańska is 3-6 H2H, which means there are some ways to beat the Belarussian?
TW: We have some ideas for the QF, but we have yet to work them out and I won't be discussing them ahead of the match. She needs to push Azarenka beyond the baseline which won't be easy. She can't afford any errors and she has to fight for every ball. In Sydney SF Agnieszka ran out of steam after the heavy 3setter against Wozniacki. Now she'll only play doubles on the day before the match against Azarenka.

Like before the encounter with Goerges. The victory over the German was surprisingly easy.

TW: She was reaching most of the balls with slight delay. Due to the fact she was moving slowly, she couldn't position herself properly and was missing the court. Actually she wasn't able to keep up with the pace in any longer rally, and she couldn't finish them off after 4-5 balls. She had similar problems with speed also during her match against Oprandi, we could also see it during her training.

Radwańska's team was spying Goerges' every step before the match...

TW: No, we weren't spying her. We watched a few games in her R3 match against the Italian. It also turned out we were training at the same time, so we observe her on court a bit.
I skipped the part where they discussed rankings.

Last edited by Simugna Help : Jan 22nd, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM   #9
country flag SoBizarre

SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
I wish Viktoria was on our side... [? That's what he actually said, I don't get it myself]
He meant Victoria as victory personification.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM   #10

I didn't think of that. Thanks.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 07:53 PM   #11
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #12
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute

Wiktorowski seems to be a no-nonsense, technical coach. Just what she needs

Anything on his commentaries from Doha/Dubai?
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #13
country flag mateusz2904
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Wiktorowski seems to be a no-nonsense, technical coach. Just what she needs

Anything on his commentaries from Doha/Dubai?
He works as a commentator for Eurosport and he usually speaks wisely, but I don't like other guys there and I use English.

TT SINGLES: 4 Olomouc'11, Barcelona'12, Olympics'12, French Open'13, Charleston'14, Bad Gastein'14, Baku'14, Montreal'14
TT DOUBLES: 2 w/AdeyC Bogota'10'11, Karuizawa'10, Montpellier'10, Birmingham'11, Poitiers'11, Bratislava'11, Zawada'12, Bad Gastein'13'14, Wimbledon'14
mateusz2904 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #14

I haven't translated anything for a long time. This one should be very interesting as Tomek discusses a lot of issues we've been talking about frequently in the past few months. It's really tough translating stuff (particularly from Polish to English, from English to Polish it's not difficult at all ), so please don't pay attention if something sounds unnatural.
Quote:
Q:YEC begins on October 23rd. Will Agatha recover physically by then?

Tomasz Wiktorowski: Is she going to fully recover after the entire season - I'd answer no to such a question. But she'll definitely be able to prepare prepare to those 3, at most 5 matches. We know what awaits us there and these 2 weeks [of rest] should be enough to play a good tournament there.

Q: How will you be preparing for YEC?

TW:Up until now Agnieszka had free time. On Tuesday we'll do the first training, a very light one,just an introduction. We're going to practice in Kraków, next Tuesday or Wednesday we're going to Istanbul where we'll continue our preparations.

Q: Do you pay attention to the draw or is it not going to matter on such level?

TW: As far as Istambul is concerned, we've achieved our first goal. Agatha is fourth in the rankings while Serena is third, which means they can't draw each other. [] But all girls are unpredictable and have had a great season. The American is the most dangerous. If she's prepared mentally, she should be out of reach for other players. Though the Wimbledon final against Agatha was actually close.

Q: The conditions in the Sinan Erdem Dome stadium are not easy.

TW: You have to be careful not not to fall down. The surface is like sand paper. It's campletely different from all other surfaces throughout the year. The stadium is not too big, so during the match it becomes really hot in there. When we practice without the audience, it's not that tough, but when the seats are filled, it's really unbearable.

Q: Rafa has been complaining for a long time about too demanding tournament schedule. Agatha often plays with many tapes. Are you going to play less frequently next year?

TW: This year we found Agatha's limits. We know that 2013 will look differently. The number of tournaments played by Agatha will be smaller for sure. I can't tell you how much at the moment. As a top 10 player she has to play the big tournaments. We'll choose two smaller tournaments and all the other plans we'll be modified

Q: What's you view on Agatha's performance in the Asian swing?

TW: Any final of a tournament such as Tokyo is satisfactory, no matter what happened a week earlier or later. The Beijing performance is overshadowed by the small injury picked up in Asia. Though a third in a row loss against Li gives us stuff to think about. It should be a sign to treat this match-up more seriously. On the other hand I don't thtink she should expect more of herself. Her injury could ecome more serious and force her to withdraw from YEC.

Q:What was the injury?

TW:It's a strain of quadriceps femoris muscle. The tapes partially cancelled the effect of the injury, but the injury itself was still there. It was risky, particularly when playing at 100%. Knowing that, Agatha could chase everything down.

Q: You said earlier that Agatha is still looking for a balnace between offense and defense. What will her game look like next year?

TW: Our goal is definitely to preserve everything that has been effective for Agatha. If something is a weapon, there's no point in changing that. We can do some tweaks, eg. add some winning shots or shots that force errors from the opponent. But we're not aiming at Agatha hitting many winners in a match at any cost. There's no need or possibility of that. We want to retain what's there and possibly improve it. Agatha is one of players with biggest untapped potential. Girls who are betting on raw pace of their shots are going to hit the wall at some point - they won't be able to hit any harder. We'll be trying to add more winning shots ad improve serve, but it's not crucial to achieve success

Q: Agatha never finished a season with such a high ranking. Aren't you afraid it's going to be more difficult next year?

TW: Definitely. Her opponents will have nothing to lose when playing against her. But Agatha's forte is staying consistent throughout the season with several standout results. Next year there are also going to be standout results. I don't know where and when, but they're definitely going to happen.
http://eurosport.onet.pl/tenis/wikto...wiadomosc.html
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #15
country flag Dokisit

Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all

Thanks for your time in translating his comments.
Good info in addition to 2 of his expectations of Aga I heard via Eurosport.

1) that she stays healthy
2) that she never gives up.
Dokisit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote