** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 255 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 12:03 PM   #3811
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Uh... Weird... ok, I kind of get the picture. Well the comments about Serbia were imo distasteful. Can that show be seen online, too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 01:43 PM   #3812
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Uh... Weird... ok, I kind of get the picture. Well the comments about Serbia were imo distasteful. Can that show be seen online, too?
She puts all her interviews in YouTube.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:07 PM   #3813
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

fashionpova talking about fashion week
Quote:
MARIA’S ROLE MODELS: Maria Sharapova found lots of inspiration during last week’s New York Fashion Week. When she talks about the experience, Sharapova sounds like an aspiring ready-to-wear designer. “I’m putting the finishing touches on my fall-winter 2012 Cole Haan collection,” she said. “The use of a neutral color palette that Vera Wang showcased in her show — gray and blush — is found in my Cole Haan collection. In thinking about spring-summer 2013 for Cole Haan, I found the use of embellishment and rich materials at the Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta shows, and the lace detailing at Rodarte, to be very directional.” Sharapova collaborates with Nike on tennis apparel and Cole Haan on footwear and handbags. “This was my second visit to New York Fashion Week,” Sharapova said. She offered her own show reviews.

On Vera Wang: “The elegance of Vera Wang was breathless to watch. She worked elegant and romantic materials in a neutral gray and nude color tone.”

On Rodarte: “From patterned coats to knee-high lace-up boots, Rodarte had a clever energy, opening the show with one of my favorite U2 tunes.”

On Marc Jacobs: “It was the over-the-top hats and the fabrics that caught my eye — brocades, tweeds and tulles with pops of color on a palette of blacks and grays.”

On Oscar de la Renta: “A blend of a classic ladylike looks with a modern twist and intricate embellishment on traditional silhouettes or gorgeous ballgowns with tulle skirts that looked as if they could float down the runway. My favorite look was a white minidress adorned with paillettes and a puffed skirt.”

Even if Sharapova never designs rtw, she may have a career as a fashion critic.
http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fash...19?src=twitter

and I thought we were avoiding U2.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM   #3814
country flag lefty24

talking about her flats.
I absolutely love ballet so I'm glad she draws inspiration from ballerinas.
and I just got glitter flats, but WAY cheaper.

Quote:
She has a big match coming up — an exhibition at New York’s Madison Square Garden in March — but Maria Sharapova is also focused on fashion these days. The tennis star sat front row at several big runway shows this week (Vera Wang, Oscar de la Renta and Marc Jacobs, to name a few), and is continually hard at work on her Cole Haan accessories collection.

“I always imagined myself being involved in design, but I never thought [others would show] such good interest in [my work],” she tells PEOPLE. “I haven’t even been in the business for that long.”

Sharapova began designing footwear and handbags for the brand in 2008; brightly colored pumps, sandals and flats (like the Air Bacara Ballet, above) pepper her current collection.

“Flats were the first shoe I wanted to design,” she shares. Given that she stands at 6-ft., 2-in., that definitely makes sense. “My style is pretty laid back, but I do occasionally like to put on a heel.”

To that end, the bride-to-be finds lots of inspiration in her world travels — “It’s about the patterns, the way women carry their handbags, their essential go-to shoes,” she shares — and even delicate dancers.

“I have always been drawn to the details of the ballet,” she says, “from the lace on their shoes to the elegance and ease with which they dance. That was everything this ballerina [flat] represents to me.”

So which shoe is she sweet on these days? Perhaps unsurprisingly, it’s not a heel. Says the star, “I spent a whole month in Australia with warm weather, so I’ve been wearing my silver glitter ballerinas.” Tell us: Have you shopped Sharapova’s Cole Haan collection?

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...le-haan-flats/
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:43 PM   #3815
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Who is the opponent making the exhibition at msg a big match?
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:46 PM   #3816
country flag lefty24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
Who is the opponent making the exhibition at msg a big match?
It's probably the fed vs. roddick match. Plus the MSG exhibition always has a lot of hype around it.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 04:18 PM   #3817
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
uhm. okay then. Dont watch the episode that maria's going to be in because of 10 seconds of crude humour for entertainment purposes that happened 2 years ago.
lol, of course I'm going to watch the episode because Chelsea doesn't have anything to do with Maria, and plus, this is my only chance to watch a Maria interview in such a show live. I mean, even people from Serbia get E! channel xDDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by s teddy View Post
People make derogatory comments about Western countries all the time, but few people take offense. That doesn't mean that citizens of those countries don't have any national pride; they just realize that such remarks are not true, and they ignore them. Don't misunderstand me: I'm not at all condoning what Handler said, but this idea of not letting someone insult you is simply absurd. People are going to insult you. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Just accept it and don't pay those people any mind.
You are right, but I think the reaction of my country was due to the fact that people make fun of us TOO OFTEN. That is a fact. And in every distasteful joke, there is always a little bit of truth. And it is a fact that we are not a rich country, that we are not as developed as some of the West countries etc. So when somebody makes comments like that quite frequently (and I don't mean Handler directly), people do get offended and some even start thinking that the spoken stuff is a bitter truth. And then it becomes impossible to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
She's deffinetly gonna make some comment connecting her grunting to sex/orgasms.

I hope there's some chui Maria interaction.
God, I would actually love it if she would make some comments about grunting, and then Masha sends her to her righteous place xD But, I highly doubt that'll happen, since Masha stated couple of times that watching the show is her guilty pleasure, plus I think she is too respectful to make some Chelsea-like comments. Although, that "isn't she back in Poland yet" comment was just bitchy perfection

Anyway, can someone please tell me when is Masha on? I totally forgot, and I think I read it somewhere here
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM   #3818
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Sharps in Papermag

http://www.papermag.com/arts_and_sty...-sharapova.php
WowWow is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM   #3819
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
I have heard Maria described in a lot of ways...lithe....slender....Perfect condition....aggressive.....determined....beautifu l.......magnificent.....

This is a new one on me:

"despite being relatively petite"
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM   #3820
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

What about the words right after?

.."she's known for her hyper-speed"
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 06:12 PM   #3821
country flag lefty24

Quote:
I have heard Maria described in a lot of ways...lithe....slender....Perfect condition....aggressive.....determined....beautifu l.......magnificent.....

This is a new one on me:

truer words have never been spoken.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM   #3822
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:

This is a new one on me:

Relatively petite LMFAO xD she is freakin' 188 cm, how is that relatively petite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
What about the words right after?

.."she's known for her hyper-speed"
Ooh, they mentioned her famous hyper-speed... I mean, if she is not the fastest player on the tour, may I be damned xDD She is especially fast when she has to run for a drop shot... I can't help but laugh every time

I'll add another sentence that made a smile come out on my face: When she scored her first pair of Jimmy Choo heels, she slept with them under her pillow. What a queen

And they mentioned her forehand, but damn it, she has a KILLER BACKHAND

Last edited by Tennisvampire : Feb 23rd, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 08:16 PM   #3823
country flag lefty24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Relatively petite LMFAO xD she is freakin' 188 cm, how is that relatively petite?

Ooh, they mentioned her famous hyper-speed... I mean, if she is not the fastest player on the tour, may I be damned xDD She is especially fast when she has to run for a drop shot... I can't help but laugh every time

I'll add another sentence that made a smile come out on my face: When she scored her first pair of Jimmy Choo heels, she slept with them under her pillow. What a queen

And they mentioned her forehand, but damn it, she has a KILLER BACKHAND
Lol maybe they thought petit meant skinny.
And her backhand is my favorite shot.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 09:52 PM   #3824
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Martha should so do a reality fashion show after she retires.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 11:18 PM   #3825
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I would love it if Maria became a fashion desinger when she retires like Victoria Beckham. What I mean is being known for something else but always have a very keen interest in fashion before taking it to the next level and actually designing. That would be my dream.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread