On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 233 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2012, 12:21 AM   #3481
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

On a different note, Martian Jeza has just apologized to me by PM for his behavior on her fan forum. And he followed it up with another PM where he asked me to post his apology to you guys as well. I see no reason to refuse his request, so here it is...

"Ik wil mij nog eens verontschuldigen tov de Caroline Wozniacki fans : schrijf het op haar forum section hier ! Ik weet dat ik te ver ben geweest. Echt."

Which translates something like this:

"I want to apologize to all Caroline Wozniacki fans: write these words on her fan forum here. I know that I went too far. I mean it."

In the earlier PM to me he admits that he has serious problems with 'anger management'(I believe he takes medication for it actually) and that he often says things in anger that he later regrets. He especially regrets having made that "Caroline should be punched in the face" comment he once made and says he knows he was way out of line with that one.

So, there you have it. I've kept my promise and posted his apology.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2012, 01:12 AM   #3482
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

You probably won't find too many people that are willing to like 'the unlikable';I applaud you just for being open to your present mindset.I'm not going to judge whether or not Martian is genuinely remorseful or not(wouldn't judge him as a person,period--only his actions themselves).If he IS truly remorseful,then I sincerely wish him well with those anger management issues,and he's almost surely young enough that we'd be wrong for calling him 'beyond redemption',so to speak

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 01:35 AM   #3483
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You probably won't find too many people that are willing to like 'the unlikable';I applaud you just for being open to your present mindset.I'm not going to judge whether or not Martian is genuinely remorseful or not(wouldn't judge him as a person,period--only his actions themselves).If he IS truly remorseful,then I sincerely wish him well with those anger management issues,and he's almost surely young enough that we'd be wrong for calling him 'beyond redemption',so to speak
I expect nothing in terms of how this will be received. Everyone must make up his or her own mind about that. He asked me to post his apology, I promised that I would do it (why not?), and so I did. Nothing more - nothing less.

Old Feb 21st, 2012, 07:09 AM   #3484
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if Martian was around here before me or not but I do remember his posts circa late 2010 and they were much more reasonable. He could still be very critical but at that time he wasn't nearly as...extreme... as he was the last few times he posted here. Of course at that time Caroline was very much ascendant so it was hard to be too negative about her and her results. If my memory serves me Martian disappeared from here for most of 2011 and I don't think he returned until late summer or early fall 2011 and his posts at that time were much more critical/negative mirroring her results.

Actually I think he is similar to me. I don't think he ever hated Caroline or was happy that she was struggling. I think he was frustrated that she was not fulfilling her potential. I felt/feel very much the same and sometimes I am accused of being too negative. I think (and hope) that the difference is that I never go too far while unfortunately Martian really went too far in his criticisms of Caroline and her game.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 08:29 AM   #3485
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Cool that Martian apologised.

Quote:
If it's not too much trouble,take some time to ponder whether or not Paul deserves a promotion with the Agency.If you decide that he's not quite ready,then break the news to him gently---you KNOw how much he looks up to you
How about a promotion to Emperor of the Republic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Actually I think he is similar to me. I don't think he ever hated Caroline or was happy that she was struggling. I think he was frustrated that she was not fulfilling her potential. I felt/feel very much the same and sometimes I am accused of being too negative. I think (and hope) that the difference is that I never go too far while unfortunately Martian really went too far in his criticisms of Caroline and her game.
Aye, basically it was the sorta OTT attitude and the way it carried on and on and on and it basically started taking threads off-topic.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM   #3486

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Man, you should have known. How likely is it that a "Chrissie-fan" would be a teenager?
That's actually a good point.
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 09:11 AM   #3487
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
So, there you have it. I've kept my promise and posted his apology.
Nice apology but I can't take it seriously!
I recently unfollowed him on twitter, because it was too much! He continues to slam her after every her loss match! It's not about being too critical it's about satying respectful! And he's not respectful to Caro, he often crossing the line in his comments & tweets, calls her stupid, idiot etc...
So I don't want him here Plus I don't think he's her fan anymore but I'm sure when she wins a slam he'll support her again!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 09:50 AM   #3488
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
I recently unfollowed him on twitter, because it was too much! He continues to slam her after every her loss match! It's not about being too critical it's about satying respectful! And he's not respectful to Caro, he often crossing the line in his comments & tweets, calls her stupid, idiot etc...
So I don't want him here Plus I don't think he's her fan anymore but I'm sure when she wins a slam he'll support her again!
To be honest I personally find it very hard to figure him out. I think he's sincere at the moment when he apologizes, but you can bet your house that he'll go psycho again next time she loses a match.

Old Feb 21st, 2012, 11:45 AM   #3489
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post

How about a promotion to Emperor of the Republic?
'Emperor' is too lofty of a title and might go to his head;I was thinking more like 'Viceroy'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 12:29 PM   #3490
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post

Oh, what a hardcore fan he is
I don't know much about him as I probably came to this forum after he got banned. But judging by what you are saying I am happy he's not around here anymore.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 12:59 PM   #3491
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm not sure if Martian was around here before me or not but I do remember his posts circa late 2010 and they were much more reasonable. He could still be very critical but at that time he wasn't nearly as...extreme... as he was the last few times he posted here. Of course at that time Caroline was very much ascendant so it was hard to be too negative about her and her results. If my memory serves me Martian disappeared from here for most of 2011 and I don't think he returned until late summer or early fall 2011 and his posts at that time were much more critical/negative mirroring her results.

I think he's frustrated that she's not Martina Hingis. He worships Hingis (even more than me ) and he freely admits that since she retired nobody else has been able to fill that void for him. He had hoped that Wozniacki would be the one, but now he basically blames her for not being Martina Hingis. Strange, but he's a strange guy. A Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde type if ever there was one.

Old Feb 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM   #3492

Quote:
'Emperor' is too lofty of a title and might go to his head;I was thinking more like 'Viceroy'
Emperor is fine.
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM   #3493
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

So is this thread soon going to renamed the "Avian Tapping Up Thread' or "Chihuahua Army Recruitment Thread"

I'm curious as to what percentage of a users posts being promotional in a section constitutes SPAMMING?
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 03:04 PM   #3494
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I was going to take that as a no, which is fair enough, but then this:

and I'm not so sure.
Since when in Blighty does a solitary man standing not constitute a queue?
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 03:04 PM   #3495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I'm curious as to what percentage of a users posts being promotional in a section constitutes SPAMMING?
31.7 recurring.
Closed Thread