Ana's post AO swing (up to IW/Miami) - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #106
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's post AO swing (up to IW/Miami)

Linguae, of course she won't tank. It's ridiculous to think that Ana will tank Dubai. She would be happy to reach the final, we can't imagine that amount of happiness.
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #107
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Please, Ana

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #108
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
Tank job
I never know if you are serious or joking
It's not classic tank-job which Ana doing lately, because she never starts some match with intention to lose. But seems to me that several months ago Ana make some "strategic" decision to play 100% seriously only at events with day-play and day-bye schedule (I'm doubt that hers coach or management have anything with that). Only exception of that rule will be just three others day-to-day WTA events: premier mandatory Madrid and Beijing, and Olympic Games (and maybe two-day event FED CUP)! According to another my theory about Ana called "plan A and plan BS" Ana have big problem to beat any TOP50 opponent with hers back-up game.

So Ana arrive in Dubai, already reach there more money than all future Dubai winners in next 5 years (signing exclusive contract to be global brand ambassador of WTA Dubai general sponsor) and will play seriously there hers first match. Thats why is good fact that 1st round opponent is seeded player and WTA big name Schiavone.

That's why my expectations of Ana in Dubai is focused only on 1st round match vs Schiavone (why she traveled at all if she not play seriously 1st match), and for real big expectations I will wait first next non day-to-day event (Indian Wells two-weekers).

And BTW (for the future you should to know): I'm always joking and I'm always serious - in same time

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #109
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
It's not classic tank-job which Ana doing lately, because she never starts some match with intention to lose. But seems to me that several months ago Ana make some "strategic" decision to play 100% seriously only at events with day-play and day-bye schedule (I'm doubt that hers coach or management have anything with that). Only exception of that rule will be just three others day-to-day WTA events: premier mandatory Madrid and Beijing, and Olympic Games (and maybe two-day event FED CUP)! According to another my theory about Ana called "plan A and plan BS" Ana have big problem to beat any TOP50 opponent with hers back-up game.

So Ana arrive in Dubai, already reach there more money than all future Dubai winners in next 5 years (signing exclusive contract to be global brand ambassador of WTA Dubai general sponsor) and will play seriously there hers first match. Thats why is good fact that 1st round opponent is seeded player and WTA big name Schiavone.

That's why my expectations of Ana in Dubai is focused only on 1st round match vs Schiavone (why she traveled at all if she not play seriously 1st match), and for real big expectations I will wait first next non day-to-day event (Indian Wells two-weekers).

And BTW (for the future you should to know): I'm always joking and I'm always serious - in same time
Well, then, as long as she got herself a contract. In that case she needn't bother at all.

WTF profession tennis is. You only need to have one good season and you have accommodated for generations of offspring. Meanwhile in other professions you need to give your best day in and day out just to keep your daily job, not to mention scientists who barely see the light of day to prove centuries long standing conjectures, and can't even buy themselves a roof over the head.
I am turning into a hater of the whole profession just by following Ana.
A hater or a communist.
But... it's only because of fools like me follow the sport in such large numbers...

Last edited by JAS_ : Feb 20th, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #110
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

It's just Srbija's opinion. Ana has enough money. She doesn't need to play tennis for money anymore. If she cared about the money so much, she would do some tournament whoring and get those appearance fees. She can do that, but she doesn't. No matter what I think about her attitude in this moment, I'm sure that she wants Dubai title more than any money award. As I said, it's ridiculous to think that Ana came just to sign a contract and tank some matches. I'm sorry, but it's just absurd that some Ana's fan believes that she's such shallow and materialistic person. If it's some joke, it's in a very bad taste.
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #111
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
It's just Srbija's opinion. Ana has enough money. She doesn't need to play tennis for money anymore. If she cared about the money so much, she would do some tournament whoring and get those appearance fees. She can do that, but she doesn't. No matter what I think about her attitude in this moment, I'm sure that she wants Dubai title more than any money award. As I said, it's ridiculous to think that Ana came just to sign a contract and tank some matches. I'm sorry, but it's just absurd that some Ana's fan believes that she's such shallow and materialistic person. If it's some joke, it's in a very bad taste.
I am so confused. Who is the true speaker of Ana's mind and interpreter of Ana's actions - you or Cp6uja?
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #112
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Even if some people will go and kill me now.I have feeling that Ana doesn´t care anymore sicne she earned a lot on sponsor deals and they still keep coming so she knows even if she sucks she gets nice money...But that is just my feeling which I sometimes have looking at her results and matches

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #113
country flag Cajka

Quote:
I am so confused. Who is the true speaker of Ana's mind and interpreter of Ana's actions - you or Cp6uja?
Well, you have two options. To believe that she came there because she wants to make a good results or to think that she just came there to take money from those sheikhs and to tank the event after beating Fran, because she's just too VIP to play tennis few days in raw.

And, as I remember, she looked sooo happy when she won those titles in Bali and Linz. It makes me believe that she really wants the titles.
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #114
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Well, you have two options. To believe that she came there because she wants to make a good results or to think that she just came there to take money from those sheikhs and to tank the event after beating Fran, because she's just too VIP to play tennis few days in raw.

And, as I remember, she looked sooo happy when she won those titles in Bali and Linz. It makes me believe that she really wants the titles.
Well, there are more than just two options. I believe in the third.
That she will tank against Francesca.
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #115
country flag Cajka

Anyway, if she was really materialistic, she wouldn't tank those matches. Staying relevant and winning something would help her to get much more prize money and more sponsor contracts. I'm really surprised that she signed anything considering her performances. But, yes, there's also a possibility that she doesn't care about anything, tho. And it includes Dubai, sheikhs, IW and all other non-golf "irrelevant" things. Dunno 'bout that, really.
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #116
country flag hanji

hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice hanji is just really nice

Cetkovska's playing so bad against JJ right now.

I'm pissed off. How could she beat Ana last week!?
hanji is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #117
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Because that was Ana who looks like a lost puppy on court sometimes, we know.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 06:10 AM   #118
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in Dubai. Who knows where Schiavone's at these days...
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 01:39 PM   #119
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, then, as long as she got herself a contract. In that case she needn't bother at all.

WTF profession tennis is. You only need to have one good season and you have accommodated for generations of offspring. Meanwhile in other professions you need to give your best day in and day out just to keep your daily job, not to mention scientists who barely see the light of day to prove centuries long standing conjectures, and can't even buy themselves a roof over the head.
I am turning into a hater of the whole profession just by following Ana.
A hater or a communist.
But... it's only because of fools like me follow the sport in such large numbers...
Not true at all.

You also have to look like Ana. Or Anna K.

If you don't look like her, as soon as you stop playing well your source of income disappears (the big money, anyway).

I don't think Ana tanks any matches. Winning is something that makes her as giddy as a schoolgirl. But she does get a bit confused oncourt. She wants to win quite a lot, but she gets... emotional when she plays.

When under pressure you need to be able to process things logically. Stay calm and figure out what to do to give yourself the best shot at winning. Ana stops being logical when she steps on court. Well, maybe she never is logical. Her mindset screws her over in tough matches. She can't make the right decisions. But she wants to win. Really wants it. Maybe too much. If you can get the balance right, it's good to play freely, play like you don't feel fear.

Anyway, Schiavone is there for the taking, more than ever before. It's actually a good draw.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM   #120
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Hercog is up 3-1 in the third against Hantuchova and Ana will play right after