Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - World Group II...again... - Page 176 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #2626
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - One step closer to being back in WG! Play-Off in Apr

Christina McHale - Feb. 5

I have to run and catch a flight to Paris tonight for my next tournament but wanted to write one last quick entry about our victory this weekend! I am so excited we won. The weekend and the whole week could not have gone better. I think we prepared really well so I am really excited for the team and I’m so happy we could end on such a great note with the doubles win.

I definitely think has been a great preparation week for me and hopefully for Paris I can continue playing well. I think this week will definitely help me for my upcoming tournaments!

MJF February 5

I am so proud of each and every one of my players. They all contributed to this victory. Christina was exceptional. I thought she played really well both days. I am so proud of her. Serena competed extremely well and found a way to win even though she was not playing her best. She showed the kind of champion she is and how she rises above adversity.

It was so great to see Venus back out there for the doubles match. She had such a good week of practice and really got better reach day. I thought she played really well and hit the ball really well. Liezel I have had every tie and I know what I am getting with her. She once again came through big in practice and in the match and it was great to have Sloane as part of the team this week as well.

It doesn’t happen very often that you win a tie 5-0. In France two years ago, we clinched the tie in the third singles match, so this is the second time we have clinched in three since I have been captain. It is nice, usually you are on the edge every time, but it was great to get through the first three matches and then finish strong, winning the fourth and fifth.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #2627
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - One step closer to being back in WG! Play-Off in Apr

I said it wasn't definite that the 4 teams I named as potential opponents would stay that way because of the ranking changes, I was right. Ukraine got bumped down due to their loss and Australia's win.

Potential opponents:
Ukraine
Japan
Slovak Republic
Germany.

I am loving the options so long as we do not draw Germany. If we DO get Germany, it should be on grass. Petkovic hates it. Goerges hates it. Lisicki likes it, but so what the others are at a big disadvantage.

They changed the time of the draw making. Not until Tuesday the 14th

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #2628
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

On Tuesday, we will find out who USA plays. Where the ties would be:
Japan - Away in Japan.
Germany - Home in US.
Ukraine and Slovak - First meetings, so decided on day of draw.

Japan would pretty much mean no Williams Sisters. No way they would go there in April after Miami and Charleston. EDIT: Unless forced to of course.

Last edited by Uranium : Feb 11th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #2629
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Thanks for the update

Has anyone watching Davis Cup on TTC ? Wow, what a day for Team USA. That Fish match was amazing!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #2630
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute

The US drew Ukraine in Ukraine, so it will most likely be on indoor clay. Serena has no choice but to play Vee has fufilled her requirements with the tie against Belarus I think. The Ukraine team may have been dangerous 4 years ago, but Alona is MIA, Kateryna is horrid. Tsurenko has turned into a Fed Cup GOAT, but honestly I don't see much trouble in this at all.
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #2631
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Loving it. I think even the team of Beth, Christina, Vania, Liezel could beat Ukraine. But IIRC Serena signed up for both ties in 2012. So Serena is a nice added boost against Kateryna and Lesia, maybe Alona if she returns. Indoor Red Clay is definitely most likely. Finally a good draw for USA.

Serena and Venus have most likely never been to the Ukraine, so that new place factor is also an added boost to them both maybe coming. But unlikely for Venus since she plays Charleston. Serena, like I said, signed up for both ties last year to satisfy for Olympics.

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #2632

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - One step closer to being back in WG! Ukraine in Apri

Ukraine seems like a pretty good draw to me Do Serena, Vania and Beth have to play in order to qualify for the Olympics ? That is if Beth and Vania's rankings are high enough

Last edited by CrossCourt~Rally : Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #2633
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - One step closer to being back in WG! Ukraine in Apri

Beth fufilled the requirements, and I'm pretty sure Vania has too.
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njay16 View Post
Beth fufilled the requirements, and I'm pretty sure Vania has too.
Thanks!
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #2635
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Loving it. I think even the team of Beth, Christina, Vania, Liezel could beat Ukraine. But IIRC Serena signed up for both ties in 2012. So Serena is a nice added boost against Kateryna and Lesia, maybe Alona if she returns. Indoor Red Clay is definitely most likely. Finally a good draw for USA.

Serena and Venus have most likely never been to the Ukraine, so that new place factor is also an added boost to them both maybe coming. But unlikely for Venus since she plays Charleston. Serena, like I said, signed up for both ties last year to satisfy for Olympics.
So does Liezel, and also Charleston ends on April 8 and the tie is scheduled on April 21-22 so I don't see why Venus could not go

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2636
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Venus likes her rest in between events. I don't think she'd fancy going from Miami to Charleston, a week off, and then to Ukraine. She has qualifying for Olympics on her mind, so she needs rest for Madrid and Rome. The big points for her ranking. Plus her condition, I doubt she'd go. Love for her to prove me wrong though.

Old Feb 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #2637
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

March 6 is the due date for the venue, so we should know hopefully before then.

The actual tie is April 21-22.

Old Mar 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #2638
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

McHale is up for the Fed Cup Heart Award.

Also, we'll find out where the tie will be played in the next 2 days.

Also II, did some searching and Serena did say she would play both ties in 2012, so I was right on my memory.

Last edited by Uranium : Mar 4th, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #2639
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

The April tie will be at the Superior Golf + Spa Resort in Kharkiv. Outdoor Red Clay. Outdoors....in April...in the Ukraine. Interesting

Old Mar 6th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #2640
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - Outdoor Clay in April in Kharkiv, Ukraine...Yay?

Ukraine will probably be the team of Kateryna Bondarenko, Lesia Tsurenko, Olga Savchuk, and Yuliya Beygelzimer again.

My bet for the US team is Serena, Christina, Liezel, and Vania. I can't see Beth wanting to make the trip. She doesn't even like to go to China and Japan, let alone to Ukraine.