Lleyton proposed to Kim at Eiffel Tower rumour! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:52 AM   #16
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
I thought they were already engaged?
if it's true then congratulations
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 09:39 PM   #17
country flag KaseyL

KaseyL has disabled reputation
Now this is also in an Australian paper, Daily Telegraph:

No bells for Hewitt

08jun02
REPORTS that Lleyton "C'mon" Hewitt has popped the question to his equally dynamic girlfriend Kim Clijsters are "absolute crap" according to Lleyton's dad.

Glynn Hewitt _ known in Adelaide as Clark Griswald, after the Chevy Chase character in the National Lampoon Vacation movies – said reports in a London newspaper that the world No. 1 had proposed to Clijsters were totally wrong.
"It is absolute crap and you can quote me on that," Mr Hewitt said.

"They have never been to the Eiffel Tower.

"It is totally wrong. I don't know where that's come from, but it's crap."

Hewitt, 21, and the Belgian, 19, who have been together for two years, are fiercely private about their relationship.

Clijsters said that she would consider living in Australia one day.

Kim, Queen of the US Open '05!

"Ships in harbor are safe, but that's not what ships are built for." (J. Shedd)
KaseyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2002, 09:45 PM   #18
Yan_ange

Yan_ange is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Kim and Lleyton Congrats

I heard about this report in Australia from a friend. I am a bit skeptical since it could have just been a rumour anyway.

However I did watch the match when John Alexander made the slip and said that Kim was Lleyton's "financee". Don't know whether that was a honest mistake or not. Anyhow, I hope that Kim will have a great Birthday today.

Happy 19th Birthday!!! Kim!

So Good Luck to both of them in tournaments next week!!
Yan_ange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2002, 09:51 PM   #19
country flag KaseyL

Congrats may be premature, there is now another article denying it. Both articles (one claiming it, report AAP, and one denying it) are in the thread about the topic.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 09:55 PM   #20
Yan_ange

Yan_ange is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Kim and Lleyton Congrats

I heard about this report in Australia from a friend. I am a bit skeptical since it could have just been a rumour anyway.

However I did watch the match when John Alexander made the slip and said that Kim was Lleyton's "financee". Don't know whether that was a honest mistake or not. Anyhow, I hope that Kim will have a great Birthday today.

Happy 19th Birthday!!! Kim!

So Good Luck to both of them in tournaments next week!!
Yan_ange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2002, 11:45 AM   #21
country flag KaseyL

Found further speculation:

Has Lleyton Finally Popped the Question?

Date: June 7, 2002, 8:22am

Is it true?! Are Kim Clijsters and Lleyton Hewitt heading down the alter?! Two British newspapers as well as a Melbourne TV station are confident with the news that the tennis darlings are soon to tie the knot.

According to the papers, Australian no.1 Hewitt proposed to the Belgian no. 4 while on top of the Eiffel Tower. The pair have been scurrying around Paris sight-seeing and even going to Disney Land after tragic early round losses.

The news is thought to have been accidentally leaked when Australian commentator John Alexander referred to Clijsters as Hewitt's "fiancée" earlier this week. When confronted about the comment, he claimed it was a mistake and a slip of the tongue.

According to a source from British paper The Scurra, the inseperable duo plan to inform their parents on Clijsters' 19th birthday this Saturday, while Hewitt is expected to make a formal announcement sometime by the end of the week.

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 11:47 AM   #22
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
DId he pound his chest and pump his fist when she said Yes?
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2002, 03:04 PM   #23
country flag angele87

angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by janie
DId he pound his chest and pump his fist when she said Yes?
Hahhahah

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future. - Shri Haidakhan Babaji

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. - Doug Larson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
angele87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2002, 03:13 PM   #24
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute
I love that this description of Lleyton
Quote:
Lleyton"C'mon"Hewitt
LMAO!!!!!!
Cilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #25
country flag Clijsters28

Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lleyton proposed to Kim at Eiffel Tower rumour!

Does anyone know why they split up.
Clijsters28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:54 AM   #26
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lleyton proposed to Kim at Eiffel Tower rumour!

This is quite a thread bump.

No one knows why they broke up. But there is a rather amusing thread full of silly rumours/theories:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=391542