BATTLE; STANFORD vs FLORIDA - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #16
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: BATTLE; STANFORD vs FLORIDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
This match is more of an exhibition match so I don't think Stanford will risk putting Ahn on the court but with a healthy Ahn and a favored UF, I think Stanford has the talent to upset UF during the NCAA's. Stanford matches up better against UF with Ahn in the lineup. I think Stanford can win it with a healthy Ahn and a more experienced Tsay.

SINGLES-
#1 - Gibbs vs. Will:
Stanford favored
#2 - Ahn vs. Embree:
Stanford slight edge (assuming that Ahn is healthy)
#3 - Burdette vs. Mather
UF slight edge

#4 - Tan vs. Cercone
Stanford favored
#5 - Tsay vs. Oyen:
Stanford slight edge
#6 - Li vs. Hitimana/Janowicz
UF slight edge
Mallory beat Mather 4 and 4 this year
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #17
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

lawl to me the real story is Will - If that diva can pull it together, she should carry the team to victory.
desariofan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #18
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
lawl to me the real story is Will - If that diva can pull it together, she should carry the team to victory.
Allie
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #19
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Yeah but all bets off during a big match, where Mal's biggest opponent is herself, not Mather.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #20
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Yeah but all bets off during a big match, where Mal's biggest opponent is herself, not Mather.
Mallory's biggest opponent is herself big match or not
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #21
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Lol oh Fantic! You're almost as obsessed with California as I am with Texas. However, that makes you hopelessly biased!
huh? I said STAN was the de facto best team last season, am I wrong? You know that UF squeaked out against STAN, when Ahn was out, right? How can that be biased? And I don't even like Stanford But I seem to root for the underdogs, since I've defended Stanford at my previous post, commenting on Gibbs, Tsay/Tan, etc.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #22
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
If Ahn isn't healthy, then it really won't be a battle. You'd have to concede the No. 6 spot to Florida automatically and Stanford won't be winning any matches against a great team like Florida spotting them a lead.

Get better Kristie! The good thing is that she was playing doubles against Oregon this past weekend...
I hear that Kristie is finally practicing and will be playing this Sunday!
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 04:36 AM   #23
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WAATC(All American) Cons. final ; Mal def. Joanna 1,2

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #24
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
WAATC(All American) Cons. final ; Mal def. Joanna 1,2
I stand corrected. I don't know why I thought it was 4 and 4? It was a beatdown lol
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #25
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
I stand corrected. I don't know why I thought it was 4 and 4? It was a beatdown lol
It was a clean destruction, Mal played an error-less game, a feat in itself

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #26
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with everything you said with the exception of:

Why? Because she played well in the fall? I think saying Mather is "a huge favorite" is major hyperbole. Which, granted, you are often prone to. Did Mather have better singles results this fall? Yes. However with the exception of her loss to Kate Turvy, Stacey has only lost to Robin Anderson (twice) and Denise Dy. It's not like she's not playing well either. Especially given it is her home court and she beat Mather here last year, you have to think this match is a toss-up.

I definitely disagree with you here. You may not be impressed with Tsay, but she wins matches and I think will have too much variety for Cercone.

Is this comment assuming a healthy Ahn (i.e. the Ahn that won Ojai)?

#1 - Gibbs vs. Will: Stanford favored
#2 - Ahn vs. Embree: Stanford favored
#3 - Burdette vs. Mather: Stanford favored
#4 - Tan vs. Cercone: Stanford favored
#5 - Tsay vs. Oyen: Stanford favored (In my opinion, but just for kicks let's give this one to Florida since you "aren't impressed with Tsay")
#6 - Li vs. Hitimana/Janowicz - Stanford favored.

Just so we are clear, you think Florida is stronger at positions #3-#6 if Stanford fields a full lineup? If Stanford has the above healthy lineup, I'd be willing to give you victories at #1 and #2 for Florida and still be confident in Stanford's chances of winning.
I think this board goes gaga over Stanford. I think UF could win any of those matches, whereas I'd be very surprised if Li won 6 singles. I'd call 1 and 2 toss ups. I'd say Stanford is slightly favored for 3, Florida is slightly favored at 4 and 5, and favored at 6. We shall see.
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #27
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
I think this board goes gaga over Stanford. I think UF could win any of those matches, whereas I'd be very surprised if Li won 6 singles. I'd call 1 and 2 toss ups. I'd say Stanford is slightly favored for 3, Florida is slightly favored at 4 and 5, and favored at 6. We shall see.
I hesitate to even post this and further engage you when I just flat out think you are wrong on many topics but why would you be very surprised if Li won at 6? She lost 6-4 in the third at #5 last year to Cercone, who is currently now playing #4.
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #28
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

In fact Li was INSTRUMENTAL in Stanford winning NCAA at Georgia, she WON the #6 singles then

God WHY am I defending Stanford here?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #29
country flag Amalgamate

“I’m very excited about the challenge,” Thornqvist said of Sunday’s match against the Cardinal. “Stanford’s a great team. I think they’re healthy now. We certainly have our work cut out for us.”

Yea, Kristie is at 100% Silly Roland.
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #30
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
“I’m very excited about the challenge,” Thornqvist said of Sunday’s match against the Cardinal. “Stanford’s a great team. I think they’re healthy now. We certainly have our work cut out for us.”

Yea, Kristie is at 100% Silly Roland.
maybe he is hinting that he got the insider's tip that Kristie is actually healthy and ready to play.
desariofan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote