Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:02 AM   #1
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

The last volume has passed 5000 posts, time to start a new one. It's not the most positive of times with Caro just losing the #1 ranking and firing her coach, but while there isn't much we can do about that we can at least try to keep a civil tone here, even if we're somewhat frustrated about the way Caro's career is going right now. Ok?

Volume 4
Volume 3
Volume 2
Volume 1
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:33 AM   #2
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

The ending of that last thread was... dramatic. It's weird when DIAH is the most positive person out of that conversation.

It's hard to say what caused Team Caro to split from Ricardo so soon. Judging from the article from the Interviews and Articles thread, it seemed like things didn't mesh well. Chemistry is an important part of a coach/player relationship so if it wasn't working out then it best to cut it off now before things get too deep.

I'm just taking the wait and see approach.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM   #3
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
The ending of that last thread was... dramatic. It's weird when DIAH is the most positive person out of that conversation.

It's hard to say what caused Team Caro to split from Ricardo so soon. Judging from the article from the Interviews and Articles thread, it seemed like things didn't mesh well. Chemistry is an important part of a coach/player relationship so if it wasn't working out then it best to cut it off now before things get too deep.

I'm just taking the wait and see approach.
Yeah, that's basically the only thing we CAN do. We will see in the coming months where her game is at. Hard to say for an outsider who's right or wrong.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 10:58 AM   #4
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

There was articles suggesting Sanchez would be evaluated post AO. I personally expressed scepticism, but it must have been correct. If you know something isn't working, it's best to acknowledge this and act accordingly.

That other 'observers' will cry 'knee jerk reaction' and 'panic' etc etc shouldn't bare any weight. If Caroline didn't feel it was working, as she had hoped, no point in continuing.

If Caroline can find her form from 2nd half 2010, 1st half 2011, I'd personally be pleased.

Many posters and 'experts' want Caroline to severe ties with her father. It's not up to any of us though. It's up to Caroline and just because most of us don't live in a similarly tightly knit family, it doesn't mean the Wozniackis cannot have good family relations.

It's her life. It's her family. It's her business. Not ours.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 12:10 PM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

When a parent is coach, a new coach has to get along with that parent. He has her ear every day. Her parents are 2 people Caroline trusts.
Anyway, lets see how she plays now. Last year she only lost 1 match from AO loss to Miami loss, all titles & a final in between
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM   #6
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Am a huge supporter of the family bonds from which Caroline draws strength;however,it seems pretty silly....am using a 'nice' word here....to quit on a new strategy after less than 1 month...and only TWO tourneys.It's somewhat similar to my people who take English classes for two weeks and then quit cuz "it's too difficult".Honestly,if Caroline is THAT omniscient such that she can know something would never work after such a short time,then she's so wise that she doesn't need coaching at all.

Caro has proven that she's not a lazy fraud like one other gal who's become a joke with her coaching carousel....she's willing to put in the work.Therefore,it's natural to at least speculate that Piotr disapproved and talked Caro out of the coaching relationship

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 05:06 PM   #7
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reminded of the debate regarding the 'Director of Football' approach.

Joey Bandaid as the opening pic
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM   #8
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Even if she does not perform optimally the next six months, there is a good chance she'll still stay in top 5. There is a pretty big gap between #4 and #5. The #1 position is far, far away at this point.
There is a very good chance Vika will jump into a huge lead over everyone else (like Woz had when she was at 10k points) and keep it until the US hardcourt season.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 07:13 PM   #9
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

On the subject of BH Slice. Any opinions on how effective it is against the the more extreme BB's out their? IIRC Caro mixed in some BH CC Slice at the USO vs Maria, and they were either beaten DTL for a winner or completely threw Maria and forced a shot straight in the net from a controlling position.

I'm sort of hoping she keeps on developing the shot as part of her arsenal.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 07:20 PM   #10
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest problem is still lack of conviction when a killshot is right in front of her. It drives me crazy every match.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM   #11
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Even if she does not perform optimally the next six months, there is a good chance she'll still stay in top 5. There is a pretty big gap between #4 and #5. The #1 position is far, far away at this point.
There is a very good chance Vika will jump into a huge lead over everyone else (like Woz had when she was at 10k points) and keep it until the US hardcourt season.
Viktoria does have an all court game, grass arguably being her weakest surface, so she could build up quite a lead. Petra did win Paris last year but otherwise she had a rough run last February/March so she could gain quite a few points if she does well this year. Maria appears to be skipping Doha and Dubai, Caroline would be doing herself a huge favour with deep runs at either or both of them.

I'm hoping that Caroline's clay schedule this year is not quite as hectic as it was in 2011.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM   #12
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
On the subject of BH Slice. Any opinions on how effective it is against the the more extreme BB's out their? IIRC Caro mixed in some BH CC Slice at the USO vs Maria, and they were either beaten DTL for a winner or completely threw Maria and forced a shot straight in the net from a controlling position.

I'm sort of hoping she keeps on developing the shot as part of her arsenal.
I'm glad she is moving away from that ugly looking two handed backhand slice. I can not recall the Sharapova match but I'm definitely hoping she develops the confidence and ability to use "new" shots when she really needs them. We have often seen her try new things against very low ranked opponents, with varying degrees of success, but not so often when she gets deep into tournaments.

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM   #13
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post

I'm hoping that Caroline's clay schedule this year is not quite as hectic as it was in 2011.
The only possible change I see is that she might not play Charleston, but Copenhagen is just a few weeks later. It'll be more or less the same.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM   #14
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
The only possible change I see is that she might not play Charleston, but Copenhagen is just a few weeks later. It'll be more or less the same.
Charleston ends on April 8th and Copenhagen starts on April 9th (though they will probably push Caroline's first match back to the 10th). I really hope she skips Charleston. If she does she will be going from Miami (hardcourt) to Copenhagen (hardcourt) to (presumably) Stuttgart (clay), that makes a bit more sense plus it will give her some rest. April actually doesn't look too hectic with her likely playing Charleston (April 2-8), Copenhagen (April 9-15) and Stuttgart (April 23-29), although if she does go deep in Miami things may get a bit dicey (she could play the final on March 31st). May could really be packed if she plays all of the following: Madrid (May 5-13), Rome (May 14-20), Brussels (May 21-26) and then Roland Garros (May 27-June 9). To give herself any hope at all at Roland Garros she really should skip either Rome or Brussels.

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM   #15
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Well most top players play both Rome and Madrid, the sensible tournament to drop would be Brussels. But I have a feeling she'll be playing there again, especially since she's the defending champion.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread