On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 224 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:31 AM   #3346
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
They should just get back to how it was in the past. Four slams - four different court speeds. That includes making Wimbledon faster again and the FO slower.
Am a big supporter of that four slams/four surfaces proposal...try to exert some of your influence to pull that off,okay?

So far,only Burisleif has answered as to whether or not I should change or keep the thread title due to Caro's ranking drop

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:39 AM   #3347
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Am a big supporter of that four slams/four surfaces proposal...try to exert some of your influence to pull that off,okay?

So far,only Burisleif has answered as to whether or not I should change or keep the thread title due to Caro's ranking drop
I thought I answered already. Change it please.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:44 AM   #3348
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I thought I answered already. Change it please.
I thought you asked the question?
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:46 AM   #3349
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I thought you asked the question?
Yah that.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 02:08 AM   #3350
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro,the #1 Sunshine Queen

Okay,the title has been slightly modified...since no one offered ANY alternatives,Besame los juevos if you don't like my changes

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 02:53 AM   #3351
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro,the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Okay,the title has been slightly modified...since no one offered ANY alternatives,Besame los juevos if you don't like my changes
If your going to keep changing it, then why not just stick to the tittles original literary reference, i.e. everything before the colon?
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 03:32 AM   #3352
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
If your going to keep changing it, then why not just stick to the tittles original literary reference, i.e. everything before the colon?
Well,I'm not going to constantly change it...the only reason for the slight modification is that the original title mentioned Caro's #1 WTA ranking...and,in retrospect,that may have been somewhat short-sighted since,for the next few weeks at least,she won't honestly hold that position.

The new title is a bit vaguer and doesn't require any modification if/when Caroline regains the #1 ranking

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 03:47 AM   #3353
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Well,I'm not going to constantly change it...the only reason for the slight modification is that the original title mentioned Caro's #1 WTA ranking...and,in retrospect,that may have been somewhat short-sighted since,for the next few weeks at least,she won't honestly hold that position.

The new title is a bit vaguer and doesn't require any modification if/when Caroline regains the #1 ranking
As you wish, tis superfluous to the essence but doth not offend me to war.

Space after the comma pls... It is a punctuation mark you know.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:08 AM   #3354
country flag Protoss

Quote:
I think it'd be a bit better if there wasn't a #1 before "Sunshine Queen".
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:33 AM   #3355
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Is there humour in Paradox?

I'm partial by the double act of the two kittens in the mess. It's like a kind of dark satirical stupidity manifested with obsessively frequent references to the opposition, and a delusional foundation that Sunshine and another element are some how interdependent. The almost cult status that this dependency evolves into when in a rational sense it has no theological or practical relevance to life at all, progresses into opposition to opposition through slight that brings about opposition, in what is paradoxical in it's simplicity and profoundly humorous when you consider it is a situation that exist in a species intelligent enough to put members of it's kind on the moon to kick rocks.

Ironic really.
It's sorta like I've stepped into a Julio Cortázar novel.

It actually would be funny if you made posts like that in GM.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 03:33 PM   #3356
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
It's sorta like I've stepped into a Julio Cortázar novel.

It actually would be funny if you made posts like that in GM.
"And do you accept the idea that there is no explanation?"
Julio Cortazar
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 03:53 PM   #3357

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
"And do you accept the idea that there is no explanation?"
Julio Cortazar
Ah, but can you follow it up with an Italo Calvino one for a good rep?
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 04:06 PM   #3358
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Ah, but can you follow it up with an Italo Calvino one for a good rep?
I don't think i have read his work, "Novels as dull as dishwater, with the grease of random sentiments floating on top." Italo Calvino
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 04:12 PM   #3359

Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Apparently I can't give you one (a good rep) at the moment.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:02 PM   #3360
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Just found out Bones doll @emilydeschanel is on Twitter. Weeeee!!!!
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread