2012 FED CUP Thread --- 1R vs Spain - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #31
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 FED CUP Thread --- 1R vs Spain

A red and white 2 piece.
Something similar to what she wore last time.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #32
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm coming into this tournament with fresh optimism. Sure, Maria just got a bit of a beatdown, but she made a final that none of us expected, played pretty well in every match before the final, and importantly, managed to sustain a reasonable serve standard throughout the tourament, not perfect, but improved.

There's currently a thread in GM about the top 5's trajectories in the last year, and it made me realise something nice. Currently, Maria has 7560 points. Coming out of last years AO, she had less than 3000 (2936) - an improvement of over 4600 points. That's seriously awesome, considering the lower end top 10 players don't even have 4600 points. All is not well, but it sure as hell isn't the doom and gloom we all felt the other day!

Tennis Tipping Rank: 117 (singles), 85 (doubles)
Doubles Titles: WTA Luxembourg 2013, ITF x5
killerqueen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #33
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
I'm coming into this tournament with fresh optimism. Sure, Maria just got a bit of a beatdown, but she made a final that none of us expected, played pretty well in every match before the final, and importantly, managed to sustain a reasonable serve standard throughout the tourament, not perfect, but improved.

There's currently a thread in GM about the top 5's trajectories in the last year, and it made me realise something nice. Currently, Maria has 7560 points. Coming out of last years AO, she had less than 3000 (2936) - an improvement of over 4600 points. That's seriously awesome, considering the lower end top 10 players don't even have 4600 points. All is not well, but it sure as hell isn't the doom and gloom we all felt the other day!
Yes, it's something Maria should be very proud of.

However, it's cold in high places, 3,700 of Maria's ranking points came from 3 slams alone. Hopefully Maria will continue to excel at slams and even better, to win 1 or 2.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #34
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Two wins Maria, its a must.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #35
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpoolshivank View Post
A red and white 2 piece.
Something similar to what she wore last time.
Thanks! I didn't know that!
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #36
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Hope she can win a match or two in Moscow
And don't get sick like she did last year.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #37
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Davai .
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 02:06 AM   #38
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

just don't get a cold there, will ya...killing spanish pushers on indoor hard shouldn't be much of an issue either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 02:26 AM   #39
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Yes, it's something Maria should be very proud of.

However, it's cold in high places, 3,700 of Maria's ranking points came from 3 slams alone. Hopefully Maria will continue to excel at slams and even better, to win 1 or 2.
or 10
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:10 AM   #40
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Will there be coverage?

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:25 AM   #41
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashabator View Post
Will there be coverage?
Just did some googling and found out it will be on Russian TV. So most likely it will be streamed online too
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:42 AM   #42
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

What's the surface?

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:42 AM   #43
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I'm looking forward to Fed Cup
No injuries or illnesses please

Lead Russia to victory
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:43 AM   #44
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by profesorakittens View Post
What's the surface?
Indoor hard courts
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:15 AM   #45
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Same venue where they played Kremlin Cup? God that surface is SLOOOWWWW.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote