Is Serena Past Her Peak and Will Never Win a Slam Again? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is Serena Done Winning Majors?

She Is Not The One 30 46.15%
She Will Win More 35 53.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #1
country flag tonybotz

tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future
Is Serena Past Her Peak and Will Never Win a Slam Again?

Is Serena Done?!
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:00 AM   #2
country flag TheWizardHat

TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice TheWizardHat is just really nice
Re: Is Serena Past Her Peak and Will Never Win a Slam Again?

Yes. Serena will not win another slam.
TheWizardHat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:01 AM   #3
country flag tonybotz

tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future

if she loses wimbledon this year, i will be extremely surprised. i think that's her best hope - but if she plays like she did against Makraova, she'll be out.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:11 AM   #4
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of

After this year, she is done. With the Olympics coming up, she may win that one...but thats not considered a Grand Slam.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:12 AM   #5
country flag Annie.

Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute

I know this isn't a Venus fan asking if Serena is past her peak??
Annie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:36 AM   #6
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

I think she will win another major, but no one can claim she isn't past her peak. Her peak is long behind her.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:39 AM   #7
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O

LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute

Leave Rena alone. She can still surprise you.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:44 AM   #8
mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes she's past her peak but can certainly win Slams no doubt about it. Just because she played one crappy match against a player playing out of her mind in Oz doesn't mean she is done. She's a ferocious competitor and can win at the US and Wimbledon, whether she will or not....time will tell.
"She brought a fresh approach. It's for that that people loved to see her play.It's for that too that I hated to play her, I dreaded her unpredictability. I had lots of problems to sort out. It was seriously gruelling, a constant battle of tactics. Her exit is a huge loss. It's not like we will find a new Mauresmo tomorrow" - Justine Henin on Amélie Mauresmos retirement

Getting Married in Ireland? Check out my website at http://www.ymweddingvideos.com/
mauresmofan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:46 AM   #9
country flag tonybotz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
Yes she's past her peak but can certainly win Slams no doubt about it. Just because she played one crappy match against a player playing out of her mind in Oz doesn't mean she is done. She's a ferocious competitor and can win at the US and Wimbledon, whether she will or not....time will tell.
TWO crappy matches - the US Open loss against Stosur was total WTF. Not to mention losing to Bartoli at W...
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:54 AM   #10
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

No, she isnt done. She has some more fight in her. All the greats lasted a pretty long time.... Graf was winning slams at 30 and Nav was getting to Fs in her late 30s. Serena is more physically gifted than either of the other two ladies, so I cant see why she cant continue for a while longer. Whether she wants to or not, thats a whole different story.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:55 AM   #11
mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybotz View Post
TWO crappy matches - the US Open loss against Stosur was total WTF. Not to mention losing to Bartoli at W...
Both Stosur and especially Bartoli probably played their absolute best against Serena. Stosur used her kick serve to great effect and even her backhand wasn't breaking down. I couldn't believe the level of Bartoli in that Wimbledon match, she played ballsy tennis - all risk and all reward. Had she been even a fraction off her game Serena would have turned it around and Serena played pretty damn good considering she hadn't been able to play for almost a year.
"She brought a fresh approach. It's for that that people loved to see her play.It's for that too that I hated to play her, I dreaded her unpredictability. I had lots of problems to sort out. It was seriously gruelling, a constant battle of tactics. Her exit is a huge loss. It's not like we will find a new Mauresmo tomorrow" - Justine Henin on Amélie Mauresmos retirement

Getting Married in Ireland? Check out my website at http://www.ymweddingvideos.com/
mauresmofan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:58 AM   #12
country flag lang26

lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold

Not worry about Serena at all she will win at least 5-7 more slam before her carrer over if not more. As far her past her peak. She always pick up her game when it time for majors so she peak again lol. I more Worry about Venus due to the fact her health problem and Losing early in the slams.
lang26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:41 AM   #13
country flag Renalicious
Queen Cockroach

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Oh please. It's Serena f*cking Williams. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if somehow she manages to win all the other grand slams this year.

She's not done. She'll win at least two or three more.
makarova, diatchenko, keys, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:42 AM   #14
country flag Renalicious
Queen Cockroach

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

(Personally I think she will win about 4 or 5 more.)
makarova, diatchenko, keys, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 02:13 AM   #15
country flag le bon vivant
maman.

le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute

No, no, no. You don't make this thread for a 13-time slam winner.

█████████████████ʘ
le bon vivant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote