On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 219 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #3271
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

So any predictions for the men's final? I think it'll be Nadal in 4. Djokovic doesn't seem to be as good as last year and Nadal seems better than last year. Plus the court surface is pretty slow which would make it difficult to hit winners/finish the point against Nadal and Djokovic may be somewhat fatigued.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:09 AM   #3272
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Yeah,the fatigue factor will probably help Rafa a lot against the man who dominated him last year...it'd be impressive if Nole pulled this off

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #3273
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I'm tired of the slams just being won by Djokovic or Nadal.
Well, it is a change from Nadal or Federer winning all of the slams.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #3274
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
If you're implying that Nole is a bit of an actor sometimes,then you're in good company.Though aye DO feel that he's legitimately hurt and didn't play near his best,I take sort of a balanced attitude towards Nole:

By Star Male Athlete standards,he's a lot more likable than many of the nasty pricks we see in the sporting world.On the other hand,he's hardly the saint,IMO,that many of his fans make him out to be.I can't speak authoritatively on when he's faking or exaggerating injury,but aye WILL say that his claims of innocent friendships with a couple WTA stars are ludicrous when you look at the facts.I suppose he deserves some small measure of credit for not being a braggart over his romantic exploits;however,I suspect that his gf,Jelena,has long since purchased an Ivanovic dartboard if any such items are available.Nole has apparently been in that relationship for over five years,so there's no reason why his 'close,platonic friend' Ana couldn't ever have greeted the person whom Nole has practically been married to--the one who's been such a huge part of his life.Strangely,though,one can't find one solitary photo of Ana having lunch...going to a movie...or going shopping...with Nole AND his gf...no newspaper clippings mentioning that,either.....probably just a media oversight,huh?
Novak and Ana, huh? No wonder he always looks so tired.

...No, I don't think that he fakes being injured. But I think it's probably a minor injury that he uses to get the crowd on his side and to give his opponent a false impression of how he's doing. After one hour yesterday he had that "I can't go on. I think I'm gonna give up at the next change of ends" look on his face, but he kept on sprinting like Usain Bolt and doing those splits like Kim Clijsters for the next four hours. But yeah, he seems like a nice guy. Someone who takes his tennis very seriously, but not himself. Great sense of humour too.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #3275
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Well, it is a change from Nadal or Federer winning all of the slams.
I could live with Roger winning all of the slams.
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #3276
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I could live with Roger winning all of the slams.
Heh. Unfortunately he'd be lucky to win on more slam in his career now.

What do you think about Christ Evert as a commentator if've you had a chance to hear her commentate? I'm just curious cuz of your nick.

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 28th, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #3277
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday is a big day for Serbia: both Grand Slam tennis final and Euro Cup handball final! I hope only Djokovic wins (the handballers will be playing Denmark!).
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #3278
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
What do you think about Christ Evert as a commentator if've you had a chance to hear her commentate? I'm just curious cuz of your nick.
I haven't heard her. I have a dvd of the 2001 Capriati vs Clijsters FO final where she was co-commentator and she did ok I think, but that's obviously not enough to have an informed opinion.
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #3279
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Delighted that Vika won a Slam, hopefully this will motivate Woz to play better now that she's down to the third best of her generation, technically. She's now in a similar situation to 2009 when Vika and Aga were both ahead of her and she played the role of the challenger who wanted to move upwards.
Also, here's hoping Caro finally gets that win over a #1 this year now that she isn't #1 anymore
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #3280
country flag Protoss

Woah...Caro actually has replied to fans on Twitter.

No, I wasn't one of those in case you were wondering.
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #3281
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidal1402 View Post
Delighted that Vika won a Slam, hopefully this will motivate Woz to play better now that she's down to the third best of her generation, technically. She's now in a similar situation to 2009 when Vika and Aga were both ahead of her and she played the role of the challenger who wanted to move upwards.
Also, here's hoping Caro finally gets that win over a #1 this year now that she isn't #1 anymore
Caro should definitely use Vika's win as motivation. It's been a rough few months but as we see in women's tennis things can change very quickly.

Quote:

No, I wasn't one of those in case you were wondering.
Never stop believing Pro. She'll answer you one day.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #3282
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When you lose before the semis I guess you have a bit more time to kill.

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #3283
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

And for the record, Chris Evert is a terrible commentator. A lot of what she says about the players are hilariously off. I just don't get the sense she pays much attention to women's tennis outside of the majors TBH.

So for once GM is right about something.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #3284
country flag DownInAHole

Chris is certainly not as knowledgeable as she could be but I kind of like her. I would rather hear from someone who has actually been there and won a ton of slams than a "smarter" non player. Her and Pam Shriver make me laugh.

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #3285
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't say it's much of a surprise. I was just hoping that he'd win this slam with Fed out.

I'm tired of the slams just being won by Djokovic or Nadal.
If you're TIRED now,then you'll be absolutely EXHAUSTED in a couple years

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread