** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 245 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #3661
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

MUCH better.
I actually was expecting a R1 loss considering her injury and she had Dulko R1.
So good to see she is in the finals, and about the defence, Maria has surely increased her defensive skills under Hogstedt

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #3662
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely! Her serve regressed, but she picked up her newfound ROS and 'counterpunching' ability as a result.
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #3663
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe I'm saying this but the serve really got her through to where she is right now. I mean the DF's are there but she isn't coming with those on crucial moments of the match. In contrary is her serve who has been saving her throughout the tournament.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #3664
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

if you guys were doubt her chance against dulko in the first round, sorry to say, you're not a real fan.

i'm delusional and even picked her to be the champion in my FITD and now i'm the contender to win the title

i always believe maria in every single tournament, and always expect her to be the winner, honestly.

deep in my heart i know i'll always believe in her. my inspiration. Maria Sharapova.

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #3665
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktincredible View Post
if you guys were doubt her chance against dulko in the first round, sorry to say, you're not a real fan.
Its very easy to say that now that she is in the finals.
But never have I lost faith in Masha.For any player to haven't play any warm up tourney cuz of injury and come into slam and to start off against someone whom she has lost to before, there are chances to lose.You never know abt her match fitness and so the doubts.
But you have mixed two very contrary subjects.
Even I pick Maria as the winner in every tournament she plays.

Old Jan 26th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #3666
country flag Shivank17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktincredible View Post
But never have I lost faith in Masha.For any player to haven't play any warm up tourney cuz of injury and come into slam and to start off against someone whom she has lost to before, there are chances to lose.You never know abt her match fitness and so the doubts.This doesn't make me a 'not -real' Masha fan,IMO.
You have mixed two very contrary subjects.

Old Jan 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #3667

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpoolshivank View Post
But never have I lost faith in Masha.For any player to haven't play any warm up tourney cuz of injury and come into slam and to start off against someone whom she has lost to before, there are chances to lose.You never know abt her match fitness and so the doubts.This doesn't make me a 'not -real' Masha fan,IMO.
You have mixed two very contrary subjects.
sorry i wasnt trying to offend you

i'm just dissapointed some of the fan here was doubt her chance even in the very first round.

yes i always pick maria to win in my FITD because i always believe she'll win the tournament

i dont know if it's delusional or a true love

doesnt matter anyway as she's now making us proud!!!!

Old Jan 26th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #3668
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Nick's Picks
2012 Australian Open – Women’s Final Prediction and Breakdown
Maria Sharapova vs. Victoria Azarenka

This is definitely going to be one of the louder finals you have ever heard! Both women grunt and both are known to shriek so I suggest your purchase a set of earplugs and sit back to watch a battle with a ton on the line. The winner not only receives $2.3 million dollars, but also the title and the #1 ranking in the world! Let’s breakdown each player…

Maria Sharapova

I am very familiar and friendly with the Sharapova family as Maria has been a part of the IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy since she was 9 years old. Looking back to her early years, I must say that her father, Yuri, had a big influence on her life. Yuri stayed on the court hours and hours per day, not only watching every move she made, but also wrote down everything I said. He had a limited background in tennis, but was very wise to put her int he hands of the coaches who had great experience. Believe me when I say, Yuri was a big factor in her success, but let’s not put aside that he knew when to step aside and hire a full-time coach (Michael Joyce). This was a big decision and the results have been tremendous. Maria is now working with Thomas Hogstedt and they seem to be a great team.

Sharapova’s game is very simple. She stands close to inside the baseline taking the ball early. She hits it hard and flat from both sides, has quick preparation on her backhand side, goes for broke on the return of serve, will angle her shots when she moves the opponents deep behind the baseline, has worked on her serve which has really become a weapon, is extremely strong mentally and loves to hit the swinging volleys. Her best asset though is her will to win. She always finds a way, no matter what and if she loses it is only because she has run out of time!

Victoria Azarenka

Azarenka is one heck of a player and will match Sharapova grunt for grunt with her powerful shots! She is a big hitter with a powerful, killer forehand. She plays the important points very well and this is a sign of a champion. She often lets her opponents off the hook by not coming up and hitting a few swinging volleys, has a solid backhand and will constantly put pressure on her opponents throughout the match. She has yet to lose this year, and I know she doesn’t want that first “L” now!

Nick’s Pick – This is not an easy match to pick, but to me this comes down to forced and unforced errors. I don’t know Azarenka as well as I know Sharapova, but I know for a fact that Sharapova will not have any mental lapses. If Sharapova serves well I give her the edge, but regardless this is going to be close. There is no way I can pick against my girl, Maria! Sharapova in three sets!
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #3669
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Just because we don't always pick her to win, doesn't mean we're not real fans. I'm just more realistic with her chances. She's not going to win ALL her matches, we all know that. And sometimes I do doubt her chances but I'm VERY happy when she proves me wrong and it NEVER means I'm going for the other person.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #3670
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice words from Nick. It's pretty clear Pova means more to him than just being a former student.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #3671
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn Fabray View Post
Just because we don't always pick her to win, doesn't mean we're not real fans. I'm just more realistic with her chances. She's not going to win ALL her matches, we all know that. And sometimes I do doubt her chances but I'm VERY happy when she proves me wrong and it NEVER means I'm going for the other person.
well said
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #3672
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

The reason I like reading her interviews is that she's giving realistic answers and doesn't muck around giving official responses like Wozniacki. Azarenka is pretty good too in press conferences.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #3673
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you. You said it much better than I ever could.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #3674

Quote:
even i declare myself as a die-hard fan, i never expect her to win ALL her matches though

that's ridiculous and delusional (even you are serena fan for example).

if you're doubt her (sharapova) chance against kvitova or azarenka that's normal. but if u doubted her chance against dulko (yeah i know what happened in 2009) but seriously who will stand beside her when everyone doubting her?

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #3675
country flag Shivank17

Quote:
Exactly.

Closed Thread