Anett Kontaveit - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #421
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Another long game but Anett manages to hold
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #422
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

3-4*
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #423
country flag Tennisfan06

Had a BP but of course, she misses it and now Anett is serving to stay in the match
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #424
country flag Tennisfan06

4-5* Must Break!
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #425
country flag Tennisfan06

lost 46 46 Had so many chances...
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #426
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I am so disappointed. If only she was seeded 4, then she would make the final. I hate it how she is better but gets a ridiculously hard draw but if she lost to putintseva at orange bowl then she would definately have made the final.
I guess it's the nature of tennis I hope she can get up to no. 4 in the rankings but when her asia points drop off, we must hope that grace mins drop off first
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #427
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Way too many double faults as well
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 04:48 AM   #428
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the live comments, chingching

Tough luck today Maybe she'll learn more of it
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #429
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

10 DFs from Anett, that is really disappointing, considering the scoreline was so close. And yes, this ridiculous draw is indeed frustrating. Oh well, let's hope it'll be better next time.
So the next junior event she is playing will be in May, for RG warmup? Unfortunately she is going to lose some good points from Asia soon and then drop in the rankings.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #430
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Thanks for the live comments, chingching

Tough luck today Maybe she'll learn more of it
Tahts okay. I actually enjoyed doing them and I know how frustrating it is to just look at a live score. The double faults were frustrating and they came at key times. Although, Anett really does go after her second serve and won a lot of points from the second serve (a few unreturnables and even an ace). I dont think she really got control of the lefty serve from townsend and some really really really stupid unforced errors. Besides that though, she didnt play too badly and it didnt seem like she served 10 because they were quite evenly spread. Still, to average one double a game is way too much
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #431
country flag chingching

Anett should go and play these tournaments in america to get some experience:
$50,000 Osprey, FL Clay USA 26 Mar - 01 Apr 2012
$25,000 Jackson, MS Clay USA 02 Apr - 08 Apr 2012
$25,000 Pelham, AL Clay USA 09 Apr - 15 Apr 2012
$50,000 Dothan, AL Clay USA 16 Apr - 22 Apr 2012
$50,000 Charlottesville, VA Clay USA 23 Apr - 29 Apr 2012
$50,000 Indian Harbour Beach, FL Clay USA 30 Apr - 06 May 2012

They are all on clay which she likes (orange bowl is on the same green clay) and the us 50ks are easier than the european ones. Also there are no tournaments in europe this year. They other great thing is none of the lower ranked players playing indian wells and miami will play these cause these are on clay and it would be a waste of time adapting. Although teh tournament in osprey may get people preparing for charleston. Still, she doesnt have to play all of them and it would be a good way to get around 100-150 points
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #432
country flag chingching

Apparently Anett is the new sharapova (although apparently softer, thank god)
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenni...124-1qfph.html
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #433
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Apparently Anett is the new sharapova (although apparently softer, thank god)
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenni...124-1qfph.html
The grunting. I was actually surprised when I saw someone's video from Orange Bowl, Anett was rather loud. I don't remember her being this vocal in the Fed Cup matches

But now that I watch this video from December 2010, she's pretty loud too (the surrounding noise makes it less noticeable).
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #434
country flag chingching

Sabina Sharipova led Townsend with a double break in the 3rd 4-1. I am shocked that Anett didnt do as well. She is a better than Sharipova. She might have made the final given that Khromacheva is gone
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #435
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

There is a small story about Anett in today's "Postimees". It is not saying anything specific about her future plans, but mentions that she will stay in Australia a bit longer and then fly to Israel for Fed Cup. I wonder if the Fed Cup matches will be streamed, would really like to see Anett playing.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote