Maria and the Koalas - AO 2012 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 12:47 AM   #106
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and the Koalas - AO 2012

Hmmm. Hope this isn't serious.

Tennis Channel showed maybe 1 minute of this match.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 01:31 AM   #107
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

I actually liked her play in the beginning. Its just that Kvitova is super strong, tall and on top of that also a lefty. I just hope she doesn't get frustrated and continues to play well. She needs a better ranking and chances to get one are still there in the next months. Seeing some other 3rd round matches she could easily got one or even two rounds further.

I'm not sure, but she wasn't exactly lucky in grand slams with her draws.
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 01:31 AM   #108
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaduh View Post
kvitova is unloading on every shot, doing whatever she wants.
Where has Maria's variety been against Petra in their last 2 matches? Makiri has ernough variety of shots to keep Kvitova off balance, doesn't she? Her last 2 matches against Petra have been so one sided. Petra served great in both matches and Masha struggled mightily on serve against Kvitova. That's a bad combination to have.

It was alarming to see Maria retire down 0 - 6 - 0 - 1. Petra served very big and very accurately in thier last 2 matches and that may have crushed Maria's spirits and sort of intimidated Little Masha. I hope her thigh injury isn't too bad because it would ruin her start to the year.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Jan 21st, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 01:58 AM   #109
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Where has Maria's variety been against Petra in their last 2 matches? Makiri has ernough variety of shots to keep Kvitova off balance, doesn't she? Her last 2 matches against Petra have been so one sided. Petra served great in both matches and Masha struggled mightily on serve against Kvitova. That's a bad combination to have.

It was alarming to see Maria retire down 0 - 6 - 0 - 1. Petra served very big and very accurately in thier last 2 matches and that may have crushed Maria's spirits and sort of intimidated Little Masha. I hope her thigh injury isn't too bad because it would ruin her start to the year.
I didn't really see either of these matches but maybe Maria just hasn't had time to use her variety due to Kvitova's pace.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 03:10 AM   #110
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

well Kiri has dropped the mixed dubs, lets hope she can continue on with Nadia. She has a ton of points to defend.
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 07:04 AM   #111
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

I fell asleep before the beginning of the match... At least I didn't miss anything

And Maria is injured
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 02:08 PM   #112
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I didn't really see either of these matches but maybe Maria just hasn't had time to use her variety due to Kvitova's pace.
You're probably right. According to the statistics in the last 2 Kirilenko / Kvitova matches Petra served great and dominated Maria with her big and accurate lefty serve and off the ground. Petra won all 7 games yesterday against Makiri but Makiri only made 3 UE's in 7 games. The problem was Petra only made 4 UE's in 7 games and had an amazing 20 winners in the 29 points she won to Masha's measly 4 winners in 7 games. Maria played okay for sure but if Kvitova brings her A game Maria has no chance. That's the reality of it. And then you factor in Maria's leg injury and she had to retire from the match.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 02:16 PM   #113
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Kiri
I couldn't watch it but I hope the injury is nothing too serious
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 05:59 PM   #114
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Maria is supposed to play doubles tomorrow, I hope she's fine and that she will win with Nadia !
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 04:06 AM   #115
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

I left Melbourne as the doubles match was starting.. arrived in Sydney to see she had to retire after 3 games. I got to see her a lot though but vs Petra was the only match I couldn't see and she got injured. It's my fault.
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:29 PM   #116
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Nikkie still jealous you got to see her many times