irish tennis - Page 77 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 01:28 AM   #1141
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Could've been Lynsey McCullough, if she was talking about doing Fed Cup training, she's the 4th member of the team. And she has dark hair and most definitely isn't from Cork, I believe she's from somewhere in Ulster. I hope the players don't read this and see you exposing their gossiping about each other
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:32 AM   #1142
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

what is bowtell's game like, has she the potential to make the top 100 in a few years time???
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 11:01 AM   #1143
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Could've been Lynsey McCullough, if she was talking about doing Fed Cup training, she's the 4th member of the team. And she has dark hair and most definitely isn't from Cork, I believe she's from somewhere in Ulster. I hope the players don't read this and see you exposing their gossiping about each other
Thats very possible, her accent wasnt particularly thick but it sounded like she was from somewhere up the country. Sure what harm if they do
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 11:02 AM   #1144
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
what is bowtell's game like, has she the potential to make the top 100 in a few years time???
I remember reading a match report from someone on TF who went to an ITF who said her forehand is definite top 100 material, but her movement and a bad backhand are holding her back.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 12:11 AM   #1145
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Love the gossip Keep up the good work
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 10:07 PM   #1146
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

amy bowtell unfortunately lost in three sets to the czech rep's martina borecka in sunderland.

better luck next time amy
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #1147
country flag chr1st0

chr1st0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Amy Bowtell won her first singles title in Estonia today
chr1st0 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #1148
country flag Ferg

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #1149
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Sinead Lohan also won a Grade 4, so it's a great week all round for the women
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #1150
country flag polly

Bowtell claims Estonian spoils

AMY BOWTELL gave Irish women's tennis a huge lift by capturing her first world ranking singles title as an adult.

The 18-year-old from Greystones, Co Wicklow, seeded No 6, won the $10,000 event in Estonia, edging No 4 seed, Russia's Polina Vinogradova, on a 7-6 5-7 6-4 scoreline in the final.

It was third-time lucky for 552-ranked Bowtell as she was runner-up last month in England to the Netherlands Richel Hogenkamp, and in July 2010 to Britain's Tara Moore.

Bowtell's feat marked the first title win by an Irish woman player in a world-ranking event since former national No 1 Kelly Liggan won a $25,000 top prize in Portugal in August 2006.

There was another Irish title success in the ITF U-18 Circuit Grade 4 event in the Netherlands, when Tramore's Sinead Lohan powered her way to the girls' singles crown.

Playing her second world-ranking tournament of the year, top seed Lohan beat unseeded French opponent Fiona Ferro on a 6-2 1-6 6-4 scoreline.

This marked Lohan's first singles title since the Grade 5 event in Cobh last August.

World No 1 Victoria Azarenka strolled to the Qatar Open title with a 6-1 6-2 win over
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #1151
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

Congrats Amy

First of many titles I'm sure.

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 11:24 AM   #1152
country flag Tipp

There's live scoring available for the tournament Amy's playing in Sweden this week, you can find it here: http://www.proteamonline.se/customer...ontentId=55768

She's on court now in the first round, up 5-2* in the first set.

Edit: Well, nevermind, took the first set 6-2 and her opponent retired.

Last edited by Tipp : Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 01:37 PM   #1153
country flag polly

well done to amy bowtell
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 11:28 AM   #1154
country flag polly

hard luck to amy, she lost to eva hrdinova 64 75

i found this articlePress Release Date: 20th January 2012

Amy Bowtell is Ireland's emerging tennis talent after her success in the second round of the Womens ITF Tournament.

Bowtell, who is sponsored by GoHop.ie, revenged her defeat at the hands of Anna Fitzpatrick a year ago by defeating the 8th seed in the Womens $10,000 ITF Tournament tournament currently being held in Sutton, England.

Bowtell lost 6-1 6-1 to Fitzpatrick last time they faced each other but yesterday Bowtell emerged victorious, winning 6-4 7-5.

Next up is 2nd seed, Tara Moore. Bowtell and her partner Lemoine have also advanced to the final of the doubles event, despite being unseeded.

Bowtell, who is only 18, is currently ranked 561st in the world and is the number 1 ranked Irish female tennis player.

Ireland are playing England in a friendly fed cup match in Castleknock tennis club next Wednesday 25th of January, if you wish to view Irelands emerging female talent.
For more information visit GoHop.ie or call 01-2412389.
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #1155
country flag TennisElite

TennisElite is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone seen Amy play recently?
Any clear reason why the jump in performance this year or is it just a natural age progression?
TennisElite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote