On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 213 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 10:14 PM   #3181
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Wow. What an ending to the Patriots/Ravens game.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 10:33 PM   #3182
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I used to be a JJ fan. And I still do like her. But I very rarely go into her forum and the last time I posted there was the Fed Cup. It's just a nasty atmosphere there now and it didn't use to be.

To my mind - the reason the two fan-bases don't get along is totally the fault of the JJ fans - or rather two of the JJ fans there. I just went to have a look at JJ's forum and I see Lepa calling Caro "sly and opportunist". - and that's tame compared with the hatred for Caro he/she posted in the past. You do not get any Caro fans spewing venom at JJ calling her names and insulting her or constantly running down her achievement of getting to #1 here on Caro's forum.

I think it' is just a couple of them and a few others then may just join in. But I don't like it there. They turned on JJ as well in a nasty way when Caro beat her the last two times because of course it can never be that Caro did anything right. Her matches are never in her own hands.
The problem often is I guess that we judge an entire fanbase on the actions/posts of a minority who don't really represent that players' fanbase but just make the most noise. In the past I've visited Sharapova's and Serena's fan forums a few times expecting people there to be less than welcoming because I support Wozniacki. There ARE those kind of fruitcakes of course, but many are perfectly nice people who don't 'hate' Caroline and some don't even visit GM because they consider it as vile as we do.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:26 PM   #3183
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
IKR? GO PATRIOTS!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:49 PM   #3184
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
The Ravens are like Jets clones: A bunch of f--king loudmouths who TALK a big game and never get it done...at least not for the last decade-plus.Some folks in the NFL thread tried to say that Chupapija Flacco played a good game....a forced throw into triple coverage with no pressure on him...plus two missed bombs that would've been easy TDs...and ZERO 4th quarter points against the absolute worst,sieve-like defense in the league.The Ravens deserve to have their stadium blown up if they bring that dickwad back to play QB next season

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:57 PM   #3185
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
The Ravens are like Jets clones: A bunch of f--king loudmouths who TALK a big game and never get it done...at least not for the last decade-plus.Some folks in the NFL thread tried to say that Chupapija Flacco played a good game....a forced throw into triple coverage with no pressure on him...plus two missed bombs that would've been easy TDs...and ZERO 4th quarter points against the absolute worst,sieve-like defense in the league.The Ravens deserve to have their stadium blown up if they bring that dickwad back to play QB next season
I wouldn't go that far in calling them like the Jets. Their coach is no Rex Ryan clone.

But one thing I loved is that the Patriots D was called crappy all season due to stats. But when it mattered the most, when Brady had a shit game, they stepped up and bailed him out. Goes to show how stats don't always tell the story. But we Caro fans know that already.

Till it's golden again
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:00 AM   #3186
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Have they actually managed to introduce a credible drug testing programme in the NFL/AFL yet?
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:06 AM   #3187
country flag JadeFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Have they actually managed to introduce a credible drug testing programme in the NFL/AFL yet?
There's a drug testing program but it's not like tennis. From what I know it's not as rigorous as tennis. Kinda surprising given that Roger Goodell the NFL commissioner is gung ho about making a better image for the league.

Till it's golden again
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:24 AM   #3188
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
There's a drug testing program but it's not like tennis. From what I know it's not as rigorous as tennis. Kinda surprising given that Roger Goodell the NFL commissioner is gung ho about making a better image for the league.
Thanks, It's always been fascinating that the policing can be a negotiation rather than a medical health driven issue. I guess Balco fallout will kick in eventually.

I haven't really watched the sport since it was dominated by the Redskins with Joe T, Joe M, and Dan still running the plays back in the day...
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 01:22 AM   #3189
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
At the very least,even elite players get punished harshly...unlike baseball where the front office tips off their all-stars...so it's FAR from a complete failure.The shortcomings result mostly from the cleverness of certain offenders who use hard-to-detect masking techniques

Btw,I'm not gonna gloat cuz there's nothing to brag about;it was kind of a no-win situation for Petra b/c it's an embarrassment for a top player to lose to the Mannequin/Fraud...yet there's no reward--other than moving on--if you win.It's sorta like if actors Russell Crowe or Wesley Snipes,who have masqueraded as boxers in the movies,challenged Vitali Klitschko to a match.If either actor even caused a cut on Vitali's face,then all the boxing fans would snicker at him...so he'd have to completely annihilate his foe to get due credit...and even THEN he wouldn't get much

For the record,I've decided to support Caro if she and Petra meet in the final...w/o ANY rancor towards Petra,of course....I just feel that the title would be much more important for Sunshine at this stage

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 01:43 AM   #3190
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
At the very least,even elite players get punished harshly...unlike baseball where the front office tips off their all-stars...so it's FAR from a complete failure.The shortcomings result mostly from the cleverness of certain offenders who use hard-to-detect masking techniques.
The big problem is the length of time (3 days) that the substance is detectable is very short. That is the logic behind Bio Passports (which have largely only helped to target some testing) and out of competition tests. For an Olympic sport, tennis would appear to be quite lax on the OofC tests... It's bizarre to me just how much damage athletes are prepared to do to their bodies in the quest for success, and how little can be done to counter it with the current methods and approach... Maybe the wrong people are being held accountable?

-----

Back to your NFL talk... Are the Sea Hawks still around, and if so are they still as bad as when I used to cheer for them (1980's)?
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 02:10 AM   #3191
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
The big problem is the length of time (3 days) that the substance is detectable is very short. That is the logic behind Bio Passports (which have largely only helped to target some testing) and out of competition tests. For an Olympic sport, tennis would appear to be quite lax on the OofC tests... It's bizarre to me just how much damage athletes are prepared to do to their bodies in the quest for success, and how little can be done to counter it with the current methods and approach... Maybe the wrong people are being held accountable?

-----

Back to your NFL talk... Are the Sea Hawks still around, and if so are they still as bad as when I used to cheer for them (1980's)?
If I follow you correctly,you're saying that law enforcement doesn't deserve our wrath for aberrant behavior as long as they're doing their best to apply proper techniques...and that we should direct our displeasure mostly at the violators and criminals....I would agree with that.

The Seahawks are very much still alive,and they even went to the Super Bowl 6 years ago......though the game didn't go down to the wire,the Seahawks flubbed a couple great opportunities that could've possibly tilted the contest in their favor...in recent seasons,they've floundered in mediocrity

Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 02:20 AM   #3192
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
If I follow you correctly,you're saying that law enforcement doesn't deserve our wrath for aberrant behavior as long as they're doing their best to apply proper techniques...and that we should direct our displeasure mostly at the violators and criminals....I would agree with that.
I was thinking more of follow the money and the ones that demand the extra performance for their employees. The implications for health can't be ignored really. So if you classify illegal drug distribution as criminal, then yes.

Quote:
The Seahawks are very much still alive,and they even went to the Super Bowl 6 years ago......though the game didn't go down to the wire,the Seahawks flubbed a couple great opportunities that could've possibly tilted the contest in their favor...in recent seasons,they've floundered in mediocrity
Well I never, and as for mediocrity, thats a step up from always last
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 02:45 AM   #3193
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Patriots/Giants rematch is on!
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 02:58 AM   #3194
country flag JadeFox

A Superbowl rematch? Something tells me that the Patriots will be motivated. Good.

Till it's golden again
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 04:25 AM   #3195
country flag bruce goose

Having both my gals in the QFs of the AO has offset the disappointment of the Ravens embarrassing 4th Quarter meltdown against the absolute worst defense in the league.There are at least 20 QBs out there who could've led us to victory today,and we may have been able to win even with Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley instead of Dickhead Choker Joe.The worst part is that,b/c we lost by a close score,the front office will falsely reason that we're just that close to breaking through...and they'll bring back the bum next season

Closed Thread