Off Season News + 2012 - Australia. - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 11:05 AM   #151
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Season News + 2012 - Australia.

It just sounds so bizarre... I wasnt that confident but to lose so convincingly to Zheng... Dont get me wrong, shes a really good player but Marion is supposed to be top ten. And only 7 winners? Embarassing, especially against one of the worst serves in the top 100. I know Na will drop below her if she loses before semis, but who else has she overtaken? Zvonareva?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM   #152
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah she's ahead of vera by about 100 points
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM   #153
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Watched only few points, it was very late, so I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. Shame. She had really nice chance to make good result here. Shame.
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 12:24 PM   #154
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM   #155
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Marion will be ranked at least 8 after AO. And in case of Na Li's defeat vs Kim Clijsters, She will be 7 and seed 2 with R1 bye in Paris.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM   #156
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

At least she'll have a new career high ranking but it wouldve been nice to get it off the back of a good result here!
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM   #157
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

It was such a flat performance, tbh. She didn't even hit a single return winner, made many return errors though, and her serve wasn't there either. Many of her shots were just sitting up. She did say in her post match interview: "I think either my ball was not going fast enough or she was extremely fast. I don't know what was going on. But I really felt I couldn't penetrate and I couldn't hit winners, which usually I can do quite easily". She didn't say that there was anything physically wrong though, so I guess it was just one of those days.

Jie played well, taking the ball early and redirecting, but even still, she had a negative winner to error ratio. I've seen her play much better.

I think we all expected too much. Bar 2009, her record in Australia is pretty poor.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 06:02 PM   #158
country flag FionaZiYi

FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light

Marion's movement on court was so poorly yesterday, I think she was probably overtrained, she needs a fitness coach besides her father to keep healthy, as she is already 27, her body can't afford to train crazily every day! BTW, I can't wait to see Marion again in China Open this year, she was so nice to everybody, she's a very good girl.

Ana Ivanovic Iroda Tulyaganova Jelena Dokic
Karolina SpremZhou Yi MiaoPetra Cetkovska
FionaZiYi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 07:29 AM   #159
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FionaZiYi View Post
Marion's movement on court was so poorly yesterday, I think she was probably overtrained, she needs a fitness coach besides her father to keep healthy, as she is already 27, her body can't afford to train crazily every day! BTW, I can't wait to see Marion again in China Open this year, she was so nice to everybody, she's a very good girl.
You know, she tried in 2004. She worked during 2 weeks with Pat Etcheverry. But she was so thin that she lost power. As we all know, she's not an athlet like the other top players. So, that's why she needs to be 100% ready. And she's not, she can be defeated.

She will reach her peak ranking after AO : 7

Paris indoor is the new goal. She can do something as seed 2.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM   #160
country flag Ferg

Such a relief after so long, both in 07/08 and in 11 stuck at #9.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 05:36 PM   #161
country flag heejin

heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice heejin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
You know, she tried in 2004. She worked during 2 weeks with Pat Etcheverry. But she was so thin that she lost power. As we all know, she's not an athlet like the other top players. So, that's why she needs to be 100% ready. And she's not, she can be defeated.

She will reach her peak ranking after AO : 7

Paris indoor is the new goal. She can do something as seed 2.

I think, if Serena win AO, she will be ranked 8.

See you, in Paris, Marion !
heejin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 07:48 PM   #162
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heejin View Post
I think, if Serena win AO, she will be ranked 8.

See you, in Paris, Marion !
Sorry, i forgot Serena. I didn't remember that a GS winner could earn 2000 pts.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 09:05 PM   #163
country flag Lighter

In this vidéo, Marion explains that she has never met this feeling to be overplayed, even vs Azarenka, Na Li or Kvitova. She explains that usually she always makes at least 15 winners. And during this match only 4 or 5. Even on returns of verve, she never surprised jie Zheng contrary to other matchs.

And she has at the moment no answers.
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 11:12 AM   #164
country flag Ferg

#7 spot confirmed then
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM   #165
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! New CHR