On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 212 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #3166
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Caro/JJlena fans
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #3167
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Is there a fanbase of another player where they like Wozniacki or her fans?

But anyway, I for one like JJ.
Don't like her passionately,but aye DO like her a bit...would like to see her get her token Slam someday(she could definitely do it if her draw weren't that strong)...and then Dinara would be the only one in the Dubious Club.Unfortunately,HER situation can't be rectified barring some miraculous breakthroughs in spinal surgery(sigh.....)

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #3168
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Don't like her passionately,but aye DO like her a bit...would like to see her get her token Slam someday(she could definitely do it if her draw weren't that strong)...and then Dinara would be the only one in the Dubious Club.Unfortunately,HER situation can't be rectified barring some miraculous breakthroughs in spinal surgery(sigh.....)
she would have won a slam had she not tanked against McDouglas in '08
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 12:07 AM   #3169
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
she would have won a slam had she not tanked against McDouglas in '08
Honestly,if she gets that Slam title--especially if it's in her advanced years like Fran's was--I suspect that Serbian fans will appreciate that and she'll be remembered as Serbia's all-time best female player.True tennis fans will respect the fact that JJ battled for the elusive prize and that she wasn't some shallow joke of a mannequin who threw her career away to satisfy ragingly-horny hormones.I imagine that Jelena would feel happily vindicated by such recognition

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 04:17 AM   #3170
country flag bruce goose

For the record,I know that this is a classy bunch here that stays within good taste(I'm surely the worst offender there,huh?)so,with that in mind,I'll offer you other Caro fans amnesty if Petra manages to lose to the Grand Slam Punching Bag in her next match.I don't foresee that embarrassing outcome taking place but,if it DOES,then Petra and her fans DESERVE to catch some flak for it

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 05:02 AM   #3171
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the record,I know that this is a classy bunch here that stays within good taste(I'm surely the worst offender there,huh?)so,with that in mind,I'll offer you other Caro fans amnesty if Petra manages to lose to the Grand Slam Punching Bag in her next match.I don't foresee that embarrassing outcome taking place but,if it DOES,then Petra and her fans DESERVE to catch some flak for it
Cockroaches, Petra, Ana, Amnesty, and "The Seven Muppeteers"...

On a completely different subject...

How is the weather in Mexico?
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 06:31 AM   #3172
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll hold you to that one Bruce.

And I don't hate Petra. I just find her constant beating of my faves annoying.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM   #3173
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Raonic seems to want a 5 setter against Hewitt.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 11:26 AM   #3174
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I know. I'm a JJ fan and it bums me out that the two fanbases can't seem to get along.

It should be a good match. I'm looking forward to it.
I used to be a JJ fan. And I still do like her. But I very rarely go into her forum and the last time I posted there was the Fed Cup. It's just a nasty atmosphere there now and it didn't use to be.

To my mind - the reason the two fan-bases don't get along is totally the fault of the JJ fans - or rather two of the JJ fans there. I just went to have a look at JJ's forum and I see Lepa calling Caro "sly and opportunist". - and that's tame compared with the hatred for Caro he/she posted in the past. You do not get any Caro fans spewing venom at JJ calling her names and insulting her or constantly running down her achievement of getting to #1 here on Caro's forum.

I think it' is just a couple of them and a few others then may just join in. But I don't like it there. They turned on JJ as well in a nasty way when Caro beat her the last two times because of course it can never be that Caro did anything right. Her matches are never in her own hands.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 01:28 PM   #3175
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Raonic seems to want a 5 setter against Hewitt.
I am fairly shocked that Lleyton was able to beat Milos. I guess that the result was good for the home crowd but I think Milos may have been able to take a set off Novak, Lleyton has absolutely no chance.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 01:52 PM   #3176
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Cockroaches, Petra, Ana, Amnesty, and "The Seven Muppeteers"...

On a completely different subject...

How is the weather in Mexico?
Well,it's a big country,but here in the north-central desertlike region,it's predictably cold in the winter...yet not terribly so

My gf's dog was mostly welcoming when I visited her on Tuesday,but then he started barking fiercely after I got OUT of the car when she dropped me off....silly canine logic--or maybe he was desperately trying to compensate for what he HADn't done earlier

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 02:01 PM   #3177
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well,it's a big country,but here in the north-central desertlike region,it's predictably cold in the winter...yet not terribly so

My gf's dog was mostly welcoming when I visited her on Tuesday,but then he started barking fiercely after I got OUT of the car when she dropped me off....silly canine logic--or maybe he was desperately trying to compensate for what he HADn't done earlier
Sounds like love to me. either that or you're the only one that feeds him
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM   #3178
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Caro's friend Gus Hansen (the pro poker player) has just been knocked out of Aussie Millions Tournament of Champions so he might be in Caro's box tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gus.jpg (54.1 KB, 4 views)
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 03:32 PM   #3179
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't it him that lost like a million dollars when Soderling upset Nadal at the French a few years ago? And made him stop tennis betting altogether.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 02:12 AM   #3180
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I'll hold you to that one Bruce.

And I don't hate Petra. I just find her constant beating of my faves annoying.
Yeah,I'm a man of my word,but I'm obviously expecting Petra to take out the slutty garbage tomorrow.Her opponent is exactly what Bobby Riggs had in mind when he tried to disparage all WTA'ers as cute,dizzy armpieces in short skirts.For the sport's sake,we could use a few less of them,IMO