General Aussie Tennis News - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #406
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General Aussie Tennis News

Bridgette Beck's (won 14s nationals) Australian citizenship has come through, a little bit too late, she got refused to play Oceania Closed cause she was still listed as RSA.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 12th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #407
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Hey all, I know its ages away, but who do u fink will play dubs and mixed dubs at olympics as we dont really have any dominate aussie/aussie pairs?
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #408
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

This is what Alison Bai is up to - playing world Uni games in Beijing, representing Australia. She is blogging for TA.

http://www.tennis.com.au/news/2011/0...ity-games-blog
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #409
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Scary how long this Perth Arena is taking, they have been saying for a good 2 years now that the Hopman Cup will change venues in 12 months time...still not even close.

This articule is from July I think.
Quote:
Worries are building

The "squashed beer can" — as building billionaire Len Buckeridge likes to call the unfinished Perth Arena — is in the news again.

It's no secret that the outrageously overdue and over-budget 14,000-seat sport and concert venuels a bit like the mad woman in the attic — she's there but no one wants to take responsibility for her.

But according to IC's construction contacts, the chances of any event taking place in the arena by the end of 2012 — the latest opening date being mooted — are Buckley's and none.

"It's only quite recently that someone has realised they need to apply fire protection to all the steel — and there's a bloody lot of steel," one source said.

With the roof not completed, the site is still experiencing water problems and there are also big issues surrounding the fit-out.

By the time everything is tested, commissioned and operating, it will most likely be 2013 — a staggering six years after building began.

That hasn't stopped Mr Buckeridge laying much of the blame at the feet of his old foe, State Treasury for making too many changes during the project's troubled life.

IC wishes it had been a fly on the wall last year when the big Liberal Party donor went to a meeting with other builders, including Dale Alcock, and WA's rockabilly-loving Under-Treasurer Tim Marney.

Before anyone could enjoy a shortbread cream and a cuppa, Mr Buckeridge gave Mr Marney a big piece of his mind.

We're told the spark that lit the short fuse was a meeting Mr Marney had a few days earlier with the building magnate's son Sam Buckeridge to discuss problems with State Government building contracts.

This brings us back to the basketcase Perth Arena and the question of whether Mr Buckeridge is facing a $45,000-a-day bill because of the delays.

"That's correct," Mr Marney said yesterday "BGC Construction is liable for liquidated damages of $45,000 per calendar day if it fails to achieve completion by the contracted 'Date for Practical Completion'. That date is currently 19 August 2011.

"However, BGC has lodged a number of delay claims seeking an extension to the Date for Practical Completion, which have yet to be resolved. Both sides have claims yet to be resolved — and they'll probably remain unresolved for some time.
More recently
Quote:
Mould another blow for Perth Arena
06-Sep-2011 by AAP

A serious mould outbreak at the trouble-plagued Perth Arena is threatening workers' health and will lead to a further blow-out in costs, the construction union says.

The Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union (CFMEU) on Tuesday said the mould had been discovered at the construction project in Perth's CBD, which is already behind schedule and $340 million over budget.

CFMEU Western Australia assistant secretary Joe McDonald said the union had notified officials of the risk to workers.

"Perth Arena has been beset with numerous problems during construction, and this latest problem with mould could see panels being replaced and delaying the building process and cost further," Mr McDonald said.

"The arena is alleged to have had problems with water leakage and seepage from its underground car park, which may have contributed to this problem."

The project to build the state-of-the-art indoor sports and entertainment venue was originally slated to cost $160 million but has blown out to an estimated $500 million.

The project was announced in 2005 and was due to be completed in January 2009.

Premier Colin Barnett did not hide his frustration at the latest news, saying the mould was likely a result of a wet winter.

"This is a project which has been dogged by problems and this is just yet another one," Mr Barnett told reporters.

"I just wait and hope and pray this thing will be finally built and finished."

Neither the project's builders BGC nor its millionaire owner Len Buckeridge would comment on the setback.

In June, Mr Buckeridge said he was refusing to pay penalties of $45,000 a day after failing to meet a completion deadline and instead was preparing a counterclaim of $53 million.

The building magnate called the project the most disgraceful building he has worked on, likening it to a "squashed beer can"
http://www.wabusinessnews.com.au/art...=article_click

From the owner of the company building the stadium

Quote:
In June, Mr Buckeridge said he was refusing to pay penalties of $45,000 a day after failing to meet a completion deadline and instead was preparing a counterclaim of $53 million.

The building magnate called the project the most disgraceful building he has worked on, likening it to a "squashed beer can"

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #410
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

Georgina Carswell got herself a $400,000 scholarship to Pepperdine University in the US.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/news/l...e/2289497.aspx

Last edited by Sam21 : Sep 24th, 2011 at 05:51 AM.
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #411
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

The National Tennis League started today in WA. Some of the players confirmed to play are Moore, Rogowska, Sanders and Molik (not sure how that works if she is pregnant?) with Dellacqua a possibility to play.
The article was a bit confusing so not sure what the format is like but sounds interesting.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #412
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the NTL only includes WA, SA and VIC this year and will introduce other states later. Seems odd that they would start it without all the involved states being ready..
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #413
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

New videos.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM   #414
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Read an article today saying that Johanna Griggs won't be presenting seven's summer of tennis this year

I know that some people didn't like her style of presenting but I always enjoyed listening to her. Her tennis knowledge wasn't that great and she rarely had much of an idea as to what was going on but she was always enthusiastic about it

I wonder who they will get to replace her?

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:34 AM   #415
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

that sucks a bit, Griggsy was alright except for her lack of knowledge on anything tennis the first person i thought of was Helen Kapalos since channel 7 are about to sign her... i can't think of who else... Brynne Edelsten?
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:37 AM   #416
country flag Dani12

Kylie Gillies maybe?
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:30 AM   #417
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love Kylie to do it. She always does well with her news reports she does during it. @ Brynn that would be amazing

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:41 AM   #418
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Brynn no thanks

Glad Joanna is gone...Kylie would be great!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:00 AM   #419
country flag Sam21

ahh yes i forgot that Kylie did the news reports during the open... yeah i think she would be the best
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:21 AM   #420
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post
ahh yes i forgot that Kylie did the news reports during the open... yeah i think she would be the best
And she can even pronounce the hard names

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote