Jelena Ostapenko - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #1
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Jelena Ostapenko

Biography

Name: Jelena Ostapenko
Born: 8th June 1997 (16 years old)
Birth Place: Riga, Latvia
Age Started Tennis: 5 years old
Coach: Jelena Jakovleva
Favourite Surface: Hard
Favourite Players: Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters
Career High WTA Ranking: #636
Career High ITF Junior Ranking: #14
Career High Tennis Europe 14&U Ranking: #3
Career High Tennis Europe 16&U Ranking: #2

Career Highlights

2008 12&U Vitas Gerulaitis Memorial Cup Champion
2008 12&U King Of The Court Finalist
2008 12&U Open des 10/12 Champion

2009 14&U Vilnius Mayor's Cup Champion
2009 14&U Babolat Cup Finalist
2009 14&U Calvia Open Finalist

2010 14&U ITF/Tennis Europe Development Championships I Finalist
2010 14&U ITF/Tennis Europe Development Championships II Champion
2010 ITF G5 Education Cup by Alkomtrans Champion
2010 ITF G5 Siauliai Mayor's Cup Champion
2010 16&U Plavnieki Open Champion

2011 14&U Aegon Junior International Finalist
2011 14&U Les Petits As Champion
2011 ITF G4 Kenana Cup Champion
2011 16&U Torneo Dell Avenire Champion
2011 16&U International Tournament Citta Di Crema Champion
2011 ITF G1 Perin Memorial Semifinalist
2011 ITF G4 Latvian Open Champion

2012 $10K Torrent Semifinalist
2012 $10K Pomezia Semifinalist
2012 G1 Astrid Bowl Charleroi Belgain International Championships Champion
2012 $10K Stockholm Champion

2013 ITF GA Australian Open Quarterfinalist
2013 $10K Helsingborg Champion
2013 ITF G1 Open International Juniors de Beaulieu Sur Mer Champion

Last edited by BlueTrees : Jun 10th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #2
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Ostapenko

Here are some photos of Jelena at Les Petits As.

Quarterfinal against Julia Oloughlin

Semifinal against Belinda Bencic

Old Jan 13th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #3
BlueTrees

Here are some highlights from Jelena winning 2011 Les Petits As final against Anastasiya Komandina! Jelena's grip on her forehand is crazy.

Old Jan 13th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #4
BlueTrees

And lastly, here is short interview at Les Petits As with Jelena that I found on facebook.

Wilson Junior Team had an oustanding showing at prestigous Les Petit As junior tournament. Both Boys and Girls winners are part of the Wilson Team, Jelena Ostapenko and Henrik Wiersholm. Jelena Ostapenko used her Wilson Tour BLX tennis racket to take the Girls title. We caught up with the rising star to see what she is all about!

Coolest thing about playing Les Petits As?
The coolest thing was, that on final was so many people and most of them were supporting me.

Who is your tennis idol?
My tennis idol is Justine Henin, but when she isn't playing, Kim Clijsters.

If you could play a doubles match with anyone dead or alive, who would be the 3 people?
I would like to play doubles with Azarenka, Henin and Clijsters.

Best song to get pumped before a match?
Best song to get pumped before a match is Dynamite (Taio Cruz).

What is the worst trouble you have ever gotten into?
I hadn't got into any big troubles yet.

What do you love about your Wilson racket?
I like everything in Wilson racket, I can hit balls stronger and with more spin.

What's the best part of being on the Wilson team?
The best I like to play with Wilson is that I can hit strong and I can play good with those rackets.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #5
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

She will do well at juniors because she hits the ball hard but lets hope she grows. What was the score by the way. It was nice that Komandina could stop crying to show that she came second at such a strong tournament!
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #6
BlueTrees

Jelena won the final against Komardina 1-6 6-3 6-3. I don't think it's too unusual for girls this young to cry after they lose though. I remember seeing Khromacheva doing the same thing losing to Putintseva in the 2009 Eddie Herr final.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #7
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees. View Post
Jelena won the final against Komardina 1-6 6-3 6-3. I don't think it's too unusual for girls this young to cry after they lose though. I remember seeing Khromacheva doing the same thing losing to Putintseva in the 2009 Eddie Herr final.
It must have been unforced error central to lose the first 61. Very good mental toughness though. I think I will now start to follow her career. Is she playing Tallinn in February or Fed Cup?
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #8
country flag chingching

So Ra Lee def. Jelena Ostapenko 76(5) 46 61

Semmed quite close before So Ra pulled out the weaponry
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #9
BlueTrees

Disappointing loss to be honest. It's actually her third first round loss in a row. She lost in the first round of Eddie Herr, Orange Bowl and now Loy Yang Traralgon. So I guess she's in a bit of a slump at the moment. She definitely has talent but maybe she's just going through a difficult period. I'm sure she'll overcome it. She's still so young. We'll see how she does at the Australian Open in a week's time.

I'm not sure if she's playing Tallinn or Fed Cup. I definitely think she'll make her professional debut some time this year in some $10,000 and $25,000 events. I think she's a bit too young for Fed Cup. Maybe next year.

By the way I just realised I made a mistake in my previous post. I meant I saw Khromacheva cry hysterically when she lost to Putintseva in the 2009 Les Petits As final, not Eddie Herr. I don't know why I said Eddie Herr.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #10
country flag chingching

Quote:
Disappointing loss to be honest. It's actually her third first round loss in a row. She lost in the first round of Eddie Herr, Orange Bowl and now Loy Yang Traralgon. So I guess she's in a bit of a slump at the moment. She definitely has talent but maybe she's just going through a difficult period. I'm sure she'll overcome it. She's still so young. We'll see how she does at the Australian Open in a week's time.

I'm not sure if she's playing Tallinn or Fed Cup. I definitely think she'll make her professional debut some time this year in some $10,000 and $25,000 events. I think she's a bit too young for Fed Cup. Maybe next year.

By the way I just realised I made a mistake in my previous post. I meant I saw Khromacheva cry hysterically when she lost to Putintseva in the 2009 Les Petits As final, not Eddie Herr. I don't know why I said Eddie Herr.
Shes definately good enough for fed cup (disappointing latvia got dropped ) but she may be a bit too young. Tallinn could be a great place to start her professional career. Also it means that some of the estonian guys on the forum could check her out for us. BTW do you have highlights of Les Petits As Khromacheva vs Putintseva. I thought it was weird when you said Eddie Her cause they would both have been 14! Australian Open will be hard. I hope she draws a qualifier or a wildcard as she is the last direct acceptance
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #11
country flag chingching

By the way, the girl who beat Jelena in Traralgon is now in the semis after beating the likes of Elizaveta Kulichkova. The losss doesnt look so bad now. And I think that Jelena should play fed cup as Belinda Bencic who she beat at Les Petits As is playing for Switzerland against Australia.
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #12
BlueTrees

Yep, Lee ended up making the semifinals. Also it has to be said that she's three years older than Jelena and that's a huge difference in terms of experience and development. Australian Open juniors up next.
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #13
country flag chingching

Quote:
Yep, Lee ended up making the semifinals. Also it has to be said that she's three years older than Jelena and that's a huge difference in terms of experience and development. Australian Open juniors up next.
Any idea of a year schedule for Jelena. I mean, will she focus on G1s or still play some lower events too?
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 06:47 AM   #14
BlueTrees

Sorry I'm really not sure of what her schedule is.

Anyway she's playing the Australian Open juniors now and has a pretty decent draw, considering she's unseeded.

(16)Kyle S. McPhillips (USA) vs. (Q)Megane Bianco (SUI)
Su Jeong Jang (KOR) vs. Jelena Ostapenko (LAT)
Nao Hibino (JPN) vs. (WC)Belinda Woolcock (AUS)
(4)Yulia Putintseva (RUS) vs. (Q)Catherine Harrison (USA)
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 12:04 PM   #15
country flag chingching

Quote:
Sorry I'm really not sure of what her schedule is.

Anyway she's playing the Australian Open juniors now and has a pretty decent draw, considering she's unseeded.

(16)Kyle S. McPhillips (USA) vs. (Q)Megane Bianco (SUI)
Su Jeong Jang (KOR) vs. Jelena Ostapenko (LAT)
Nao Hibino (JPN) vs. (WC)Belinda Woolcock (AUS)
(4)Yulia Putintseva (RUS) vs. (Q)Catherine Harrison (USA)
Hopefully second or third round.